Hydraulics Concept Arts request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DolphinBuffMan View Post
    I've left physical/game play aspects of feedback in the other thread, but here I have a few visual glitches I found:

- Near the Stinger where the windows are, you seem to have some blinds or something outside of the window. I believe these are unfinished, but at the moment on different angles, they present odd glitches, almost as if one side of the mesh was not visible. If you just strafe around the window back and forth a few times, you will see what I mean.

- Up on the semi circle ledge that has the 5 health vials above the sniper in the main room, there is an image stuttering against either wall after doing the lift jump. If you strafe a little bit near the wall, looking at where it joins with the floor, you will see it. Seems like 2 meshes are conflicting with each other or something like that.

That is all I was able to find this run. As far as feedback for the direction of the level: I love it. The style is awesome, and I have no suggestions on making it better. Looking forward to the next release.
    I removed the window glitch (I rebuilt the whole place) and the z-fighting at the vials. Thanks for the support and feedback, really helps to keep the motivation up !

Originally posted by shdw View Post
    if you're still planning to use these, then i'd suggest making this pillar wider. it feels like it should be more massive to support such a robust construction. it doesn't feel realistic this way

you could easily do twice as much
    I made these quite thin because I don't want them to alter the gameplay by becoming jumping obstacles. This place is already narrow for gameplay and I believe that making the arches larger would only reinforce this effect. Also this is only the visible part of the arches. Usually you get very robust structures by putting many of these, even if they look thin.

From a design point of view, both versions are correct and nice to the eye, but I have to promote gameplay first. If you only knew how many times I have to force myself to let go of crazy ideas because of the gameplay....
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

It's been a little while I haven't updated this thread. The reason is simple: inspiration. Or more precisely the lack of inspiration. So I made a little break and come back with a new experimentation. I've been trying to give depth to the map, and the best way to experiment with it was to get inspiration from stalwart and it's garages behind windows.

Adapted to the theme of Hydraulics, this is what it looks like:

Attached Files
      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Nice update

But if I must suggest something, it would be to start making materials base on the awesome concepts you already have instead of cutting geometry / adding meshes. You'll start to get a better idea of the look and then would be in a better position to decide wither or not adding meshes is still necessary.
        Stevie's corner
        My UT4 maps
        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
          Nice update

But if I must suggest something, it would be to start making materials base on the awesome concepts you already have instead of cutting geometry / adding meshes. You'll start to get a better idea of the look and then would be in a better position to decide wither or not adding meshes is still necessary.
          These are all reused meshes I've already done

Edit: I need to get a good idea of the overall geometry of the map before I go with colors. The reason is that I feel that way I will be able to better colorize the transitions between various styles of meshes.
          Last edited by Raste; 08-03-2015, 11:23 AM.
          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I actually haven't played on this map since our jumping out of the map and trolling people below conversation but I've been checking out the updates. It looks excellent and the fact your making all the meshes your self I salute you.
            Join the community Facebook page
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

is this in the nex Pak Raste?

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                I actually haven't played on this map since our jumping out of the map and trolling people below conversation but I've been checking out the updates. It looks excellent and the fact your making all the meshes your self I salute you.
                Thanks mate ! It's a hell more work than I signed up for haha, but I go until the end of my projects. I believe you would enjoy playing in the map, I improved a lot the flow and can safely say that this is the most fun I've had in this map yet.

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                is this in the nex Pak Raste?
                In the next version sure
                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Soo, I thought I would post better quality renders of the recent work I did. Hope you guys enjoy it !

Attached Files
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I can't wait to enjoy splatting blood onto them nice and clean walls like a blank canvas need to paint it red with explosion marks here and there. Again fantastic!
                    Join the community Facebook page
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

That display/panel looks like it is slightly too close to the wall on the left-hand. Might be better to free up some space and move it a bit further to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                        That display/panel looks like it is slightly too close to the wall on the left-hand. Might be better to free up some space and move it a bit further to the right.
                        It's a perspective thing, it's actually almost in the middle
                        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Sneak peak at a new mesh I'm working on: a pipe gatherer for high pressure. You get 4 inputs, one high pressure output. That's why I try to make it look really strong in the middle.

It was funny because the central part looked like a keg when both sides were symmetrical

Attached Files
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                            Soo, I thought I would post better quality renders of the recent work I did. Hope you guys enjoy it !

Very very nice

Therefore, I think that replacing those square lights in the first pic by neons would look much better. My 2c.
                            Stevie's corner
                            My UT4 maps
                            Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

New pak released here: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post182711

Enjoy !
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

New pack here: https://ut.rushbase.net/Raste/DM-Hyd...wsNoEditor.pak

New meshes at the sniper location. I want to make it quite techy and heavy with tons of cables going everywhere in the roof. One step closer I guess ^^

Improved turbines room.

New redeemer location, still hesitant to bring in a teleporter to up there, in the end I might have to do so to bring some competition to the redeemer.

First test for the walls of the corridor between the bio room and the belt. It will receive meshes so that it fits the theme better and the rounded parts will have pipes in there.

Attached Files
                                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Working...
                                X