No announcement yet.

Hydraulics Concept Arts request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys, and glad you like it Raste. The green is tempting huh.. hehe. I'll see what I can do with different color schemes as well. I will definitely tone down the reflection, and also try a version with more UT99 concrete matte floors. I'll send a link to the high rez once I clean up some of the rough edges.

Comment

Originally posted by eightball_ View Post
      Thanks guys, and glad you like it Raste. The green is tempting huh.. hehe. I'll see what I can do with different color schemes as well. I will definitely tone down the reflection, and also try a version with more UT99 concrete matte floors. I'll send a link to the high rez once I clean up some of the rough edges.
      I'm looking forward to see other color schemes, this is very precious insight for me!

UT99 was clean because there wasn't that many reflections, but with UT4 we can have them used in specific cases. I just don't want to fall in the pitfall of the "all reflections" sci-fi environment. I really believe that soft concrete floor with decals and water in some locations is the way to go, but I got to be sure... this requires experimentations. I am also planning on using various colors for the pipes (metallic grey, red and bright blue). These pipes can have a lot of reflections without hindering visibility and clarity.

I really want to bring an arena that it believable so that the fights in it are unreal...
      Last edited by Raste; 01-29-2016, 03:32 AM.
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Hope you guys enjoy it
        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Great work! Every time I look in this thread i see awesomeness. keep it up
          by the way what's up with your Redeemer any updates?

Comment

Amazing work Raste! That there is looking phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldendude View Post
              Great work! Every time I look in this thread i see awesomeness. keep it up
              by the way what's up with your Redeemer any updates?
              I kind of paused the deemer for now, I'm super busy at work and I'm starting to move out of my flat. I focus hard on Hydraulics first and when it's advanced enough I'll get back to the deemer. Could be rather soon I hope. I don't believe there are other concepts of deemers around (except maybe remakes from the UT99 one).

Originally posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
              Amazing work Raste! That there is looking phenomenal.
              Thanks man!
              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Raste, i follow you since the beginning, but i don't post so much on forum. I want to encourage you !

I wanted to let you know that you are very talented ! You're for me a one of the main actor/pillar of this community (like Captain Mig, Gooba, MaxCarnage... and many other) and probably my favorite. You put so many efforts in Hydraulics it's impressive, as impressive as the quality of your work. This message is not a feedback or something which is technically useful for you, it would probably help you in an other way

Keep Going with your amazing work. Can't wait to play on your map(s) for many years in the futur

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzi View Post
                  Raste, i follow you since the beginning, but i don't post so much on forum. I want to encourage you !

I wanted to let you know that you are very talented ! You're for me a one of the main actor/pillar of this community (like Captain Mig, Gooba, MaxCarnage... and many other) and probably my favorite. You put so many efforts in Hydraulics it's impressive, as impressive as the quality of your work. This message is not a feedback or something which is technically useful for you, it would probably help you in an other way

Keep Going with your amazing work. Can't wait to play on your map(s) for many years in the futur
                  For me this is just as valuable as the best feedback there can be out there you know... It requires a lot of discipline to keep on working on big projects like this, and without people like you helping me with motivation, I wouldn't have made it so far. So I give you my most respectful thanks for this
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Making some progress there:

Here I reduced the number of conduits from 5 to 4 and made the two walls on each sides flatter (2 new meshes for this) so that the flak can become a bit more OP in there with the shards deflecting on the walls. Since this is a shortcut to the vest, it's normal that it is more dangerous. It's also better for jumping around.

This room has been giving me a lot of issues from a design point of view. This location is nothing fancy so I decided to bring a good share of detail on the ceiling to spice up the place and keep the rest clean. The lighting here shows the main path (straight ahead) but opens on both the window and the path to the belt (left and right paths respectively). For me lights should always be enough for the player to understand where they can go, they should indicate paths and the colors should help them figure out where they lead. The lighting is not final here, but to me it looks pretty good and creates a distinct atmosphere.

This is already packed in v648. Since the pak creation process still isn't fixed, I'll simply keep on doing my thing and release a new pak hopefully next week (when it's fixed).
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Raste; 02-10-2016, 05:10 PM.
                    RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Neat workups so far! and Hope you get that fix sooner than later.
                      LoPing
                      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Finally dealing with the boots location. I have been wondering for a long while whether I'd go with tons of pipes or something pretty clean only with concrete and tons of small lights. Well, that was until I found this picture of the metro tube in Tokyo. I'm going to use that kind of lighting and atmosphere in there, and it's going to rock I hope!

I have to create a unique mesh for this. In there you can see the curve that goes all around the boots. I'll make one pipe/cables go through at the top, and the rest I'm going to go like the metro picture. This will be interesting to test!

Attached Files
                        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

One of the advantages of destroying the BSP in a map is that you get a whole new perspective. This is most useful when you are meshing a location, because you get to wonder if you could improve the gameplay and the looks of the map. I am wondering if in here it is not better left opened (without the two columns in the middle)... what are you thoughts guys?

Attached Files
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Sure looks "opened up"! I think you could get away with it with regards to movement in this area but it does leave a big back wall to run across?
                            LoPing
                            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                              Sure looks "opened up"! I think you could get away with it with regards to movement in this area but it does leave a big back wall to run across?
                              It indeed kind of removes the purpose of being able to wall run all the way through... I'll have to find really nice walls to put in the middle so that it still looks kind of open but keeps the original layout.
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I am definitely loving this wall haha, the wall run is smoooooth as ****

RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Working...
                                X