Clear All

Aah pretty, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
      I am definitely loving this wall haha, the wall run is smoooooth as ****

Smoooooth indeeeeeeeeeeed

Well done Raste
      Stevie's corner
      Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
      Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Smooth AF.. is the correct answer.
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

It's looking great Raste! Had some freetime this week and decided to do some paintovers, experimenting with a red theme this time. Gives the map kind of a sports car look, end especially with the wall running piece would accentuate the smooth sexy curves of the map. Just an idea, would love to hear what you guys think.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks great but ever since you did this one:

I just can't imagine the map being anything else :P
            work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

The red theme looks too shiny and clean in my opinion for an hydraulic power plant. I tend to agree that the green theme suits the map quite well, though I'd put a little less green areas and go crazy with the colors of the pipes. I however like very much that you alternate the colors between the big pipes on the lower concept art: it bring a nice depth feel that can come in really handy to enhance the gameplay.

keep up with the suggestions and ideas, they are always most helpful for me. Even more in these times when I'm away from home
              RASTE IN PEACE !
              Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
              Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

eightball did awesome joB!! WOW!
                https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
                https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by eightball_ View Post
                  It's looking great Raste! Had some freetime this week and decided to do some paintovers, experimenting with a red theme this time. Gives the map kind of a sports car look, end especially with the wall running piece would accentuate the smooth sexy curves of the map. Just an idea, would love to hear what you guys think.

Awesome !

I would replace the red by green like the previous paintovers
                  Stevie's corner
                  Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! Will go back to the green version and go crazy with the pipe colors according to Raste's suggestion.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! Will go back to the green version and go crazy with the pipe colors according to Raste's suggestion.
                      @eightball_ I'd aim for a subtle combination of metallic grey, blue and very few red pipes. That's my plan at least. Also the green component is very nice, but I'd like to see how it looks if you use it with parcimony

Edit: here is an example of pipes and colors I really love:

Maybe if you use a layer for the green color, you can then change to different colors. I was considering to do this in the map: have all the green components use the same material, and then change the base color randomly at run time. This could be an option, though I really like to see the green in there. Maybe the green could be replaced with some industrial yellow... could be very nice as well!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Raste; 03-23-2016, 04:08 AM.
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                        @eightball_ I'd aim for a subtle combination of metallic grey, blue and very few red pipes. That's my plan at least. Also the green component is very nice, but I'd like to see how it looks if you use it with parcimony

Edit: here is an example of pipes and colors I really love:

Maybe if you use a layer for the green color, you can then change to different colors. I was considering to do this in the map: have all the green components use the same material, and then change the base color randomly at run time. This could be an option, though I really like to see the green in there. Maybe the green could be replaced with some industrial yellow... could be very nice as well!
                        Did a couple of paintovers based on the feedback and reference image. Hope it's more in line with the direction. Either way, was fun to do!

Attached Files

Comment

Did a couple of paintovers based on the feedback and reference image. Hope it's more in line with the direction. Either way, was fun to do!

More than in line!

This is really sweet, much closer to what I had in mind for the map! Maybe I'll tone down a little the pipes colors but globally that's where I hope I'll bring this map!

Great job!
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Holy ****! This is quite amazing way of creating a map! Keep it up,guys!
                            For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

W O W

Awesome paintovers!
                              Stevie's corner

Comment

Since many of you asked for it, here are the high-res concept arts of Hydraulics made by the talented Eightball! Thanks again for your hard work man!

Attached Files
                                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Working...
                                X