Hydraulics Concept Arts request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raste View Post
    You finally got a PC to run this map or what ?
    Lol, I can say that

I bought a gaming laptop in July so I can play the game and also with the editor.
    Stevie's corner
    Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
      Lol, I can say that

I bought a gaming laptop in July so I can play the game and also with the editor.
      Special XMAS build for you then. Also with this build I will move from Pre-alpha version 800 to Alpha v001. Time to get serious
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Special XMAS build for you then. Also with this build I will move from Pre-alpha version 800 to Alpha v001. Time to get serious
        Please don't forget about the map compression...
        (For reference purposes: DM-Delta R1 holds the size title at 396.7MB compared to DM Apartment Xmas at 157.8MB and DM-Conflux a03 at 58MB)
        LoPing
        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
          (For reference purposes: DM-Delta R1 holds the size title at 396.7MB compared to DM Apartment Xmas at 157.8MB and DM-Conflux a03 at 58MB)
          Wut? This is not automatically done with the build now? Last I remember it was enforced when publishing the level
          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Ha ha! That's a really nice gift

FYI, I already optimize the map the more I can. Unless Epic take an eye to help me reduce the file size, it will remain like that.
            Stevie's corner
            Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
            Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

@Raste, @Stevelois I ment it more with regard to keeping an eye on the filesize, nothing more. I find it a shame to see alot of players drop their connection on dl's that, on average, take longer than +/-1 minute which equals to about +/- 180MB on the redirects I use.
              And yes I do tell people who come on the server that they'd save themselves some waiting time by just logging onto the forum to grab the maps but as you can tell there are a handful who do. I figure there's no use in cry'n over spilt milk so I'll retract my previous statement on keeping an eye on the compression at this stage of the game. Map On!
              LoPing

Comment

Lightmass/map volume resolution is consuming a large amount of map file size nowadays. Try to keep it/them as low as possible to reduce map file size.

Comment

@Raste, @Stevelois I ment it more with regard to keeping an eye on the filesize, nothing more. I find it a shame to see alot of players drop their connection on dl's that, on average, take longer than +/-1 minute which equals to about +/- 180MB on the redirects I use.
                  And yes I do tell people who come on the server that they'd save themselves some waiting time by just logging onto the forum to grab the maps but as you can tell there are a handful who do. I figure there's no use in cry'n over spilt milk so I'll retract my previous statement on keeping an eye on the compression at this stage of the game. Map On!
                  Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
                  Lightmass/map volume resolution is consuming a large amount of map file size nowadays. Try to keep it/them as low as possible to reduce map file size.
                  Maps are heavy anyway in UE4... textures are most of the cost, lightmaps do the rest. Hard to atlas every texture into only a couple though... Right now I have 0 textures, it will be lightweight. When it will be done I cannot guarantee it won't reach 500mb. I wanna go epic on the quality
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Took a day off tomorrow, time to finish this and build it. Stay tuned tomorrow for new meshes and the Xmas build release (if all goes well)
                    RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Raste's on a rampage!

I'll wait the build!

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                        Raste's on a rampage!
                        I want to move to Alpha this year, and it is almost over. Working faster than ever on this
                        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Bad news: I am totally hangover

Good news: I have only one room left to finish before I can make a build !
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

The new minigun room

Attached Files
                            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Rushing in new meshes, got to make it

Attached Files
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Oi Raste like the song goes.. 12 days should take the rush off. Progress is gift enough in and of itself! Happy Holidays!
                                LoPing

Comment

Working...
                                X