Hydraulics Concept Arts request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StndCmb0 View Post
    wow, how have I not seen this thread before? this stuff looks really awesome. keep up the great work
    Thanks ! I sometimes stream my work here: twitch.tv/rasterayzer
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

This is the final version for the geometry. The rest of the details will be covered by the bump mapping to add much more tiny details to it.

The corridor broken into useable pieces. The whole is made of 36'758 polygons:

From left to right:
      (1) roof, (2) floor, (3) side wall, (4) the arch.
      Attached Files
      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Because vertical walls are boring ! New research and concepts I'm working on:

Attached Files
        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

All mesh have a nice looking (shape wise of course since there ain't any materials for them yet) and it's on a good way

Very interesting to follow and continue your great work
          Stevie's corner
          Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
          Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Really nice work on that corridor Raste - keep it going
            My UT2004 Maps

Comment

Thanks guys.

@Tidal: yeah, these are very nice and clean visually speaking. For UT it can work very well, but I'm wondering if Unreal shouldn't be way messier than this
              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Working on the door at the end of the corridor, just laying a few designs to test how it looks. This is WIP, more to come !

Attached Files
                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                  It looks great man. Do you intend to smooth some edges even more?
                  thanks !

On the door at the end of the corridor yes, I'm still working on it and will add much more detail. On the corridor itself, I kind of like it a bit rough. I will use blocking volumes to make sure the wall jumps are still working as intended. I'm not happy with the piece in the middle of the door, I'll probably remove that part and recreate it with splines. I want to make it visually heavy so that you see this is the end of the corridor.

To be continued I guess ^^
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

made some concepts based on your screenshots , hope you like it ))

portfolio : http://geck.artstation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by geck View Post

These are fantastic !!! The bio room is looking just perfect... I'll make it exactly like that ! I wanted to go with a light grey / yellow kind of color scheme and your first concept art is confirming that this would work nicely. Maybe I will put a little less yellow in the map, but your concept arts are very close to what I had in mind when building the map.

Awesome job in any cases ! I'm short of words to express how happy and grateful I am !
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by geck View Post

Looks simply awesome ! keep the good work m8 ! I really like it !

Comment

Deck-19

Comment

Just love the work in this thread. Gameplay-wise it's not quite my fav map out there but holy **** at your tile designs and the concept art above is also truly amazing and fitting. I'm sure when the map is finalized it will be a lot more enjoyable due to getting such a personal styling on it. There's so much more "character" to it.

This forum has really opened my eyes how many talented designers and artists there is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                              Just love the work in this thread. Gameplay-wise it's not quite my fav map out there but holy **** at your tile designs and the concept art above is also truly amazing and fitting. I'm sure when the map is finalized it will be a lot more enjoyable due to getting such a personal styling on it. There's so much more "character" to it.

This forum has really opened my eyes how many talented designers and artists there is out there.
                              Thanks mate ! I'm still learning to do 3D modeling and stuff (I've stopped for quite a few years doing it and I forgot a tad). Hopefully I'll manage to get the map to look like the concept arts. About the gameplay of the map, feel free to tell me what you don't like or what you think could be improved by PM or here (I take every feedback into account) :

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-dm_hydraulics
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

This concept art is really good! Can't wait to see the map meshed up.
                                Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X