Hydraulics Concept Arts request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raste View Post
    Thanks mate ! I'm still learning to do 3D modeling and stuff (I've stopped for quite a few years doing it and I forgot a tad). Hopefully I'll manage to get the map to look like the concept arts. About the gameplay of the map, feel free to tell me what you don't like or what you think could be improved by PM or here (I take every feedback into account) :

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-dm_hydraulics
    What do you do the 3d modeling with? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
      What do you do the 3d modeling with? Thanks.
      I'm using Maxon's Cinema 4D, Studio Edition (student license).
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Awesome. It's getting so cool.

Since the early stages of this UT4 development people keep saying this just really fits UT: Click image for larger version

Name:	11026095733_dbf828b64e_b.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	433.5 KB
ID:	334350

And it's true. Just keep getting some inspiration from it because it's spot on. The concept art from geck is perfect for it. But the thing i'm enjoying the most , and it's better than any map that Epic did until now, is the attention for details.

I've been following this map since the early stages and i'm really happy that you're still working on it and making all kind of detail and shapes to it. And it was tested a lot, had a lot of community feedback, and when this is done, i guess it could potentially one of the few official map. If it isn't, people will still play it alot.
        work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
          Awesome. It's getting so cool.

Since the early stages of this UT4 development people keep saying this just really fits UT:

And it's true. Just keep getting some inspiration from it because it's spot on. The concept art from geck is perfect for it. But the thing i'm enjoying the most , and it's better than any map that Epic did until now, is the attention for details.

I've been following this map since the early stages and i'm really happy that you're still working on it and making all kind of detail and shapes to it. And it was tested a lot, had a lot of community feedback, and when this is done, i guess it could potentially one of the few official map. If it isn't, people will still play it alot.
          These are very exiting times indeed !

I'm determined to finish this project until the end. With this thread packing every step of the creation process, it could be a good place to start from for new mappers. They can learn from my mistakes and spare precious time. As for this map I am currently working on 3D meshes and more than ever I focus on details of the geometry. This will take time but the map will look insane in the end (I hope). I'm also planning on recording all the ambient sounds in a real hydraulic power plant, but that's for later along the road.

If the map ever makes it into the official build I would have proven wrong the 10 y.o version of myself who thought it impossible to contribute to such a game. In any cases I wouldn't be there without the support of both Epic and the community, and I'm very grateful for that.
          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Really working hard to create meshes. The bio room and its corridor are getting nicer everyday ! Here is a preview of the high poly:

I also imported the BSP meshes in my 3D editor, I will start to work on the bio room itself very soon. I will follow the concept arts from geck:

Some previous work where you can see the low-poly version with its render:

Attached Files
            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Oh my god, awesome! I just feel this map will be super unique for years to come, since you are taking your time to fully customize everything. It will be your baby no doubt. Epic must be super glad seeing your commitment to this

I'm going to lurk in this thread until this is over. :3
              Last edited by HeisenbergTrip; 02-05-2015, 10:56 AM.
              work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

corridor reminds me a bit of that.
                https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...792ebc0e62.jpg

will be curious how this thing turns out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
                  Oh my god, awesome! I just feel this map will be super unique for years to come, since you are taking your time to fully customize everything. It will be your baby no doubt. Epic must be super glad seeing your commitment to this

I'm going to lurk in this thread until this is over. :3
                  This is indeed my baby I have a good idea of what some areas should look like and I will fully customize these with my own meshes (Sigmafie helps me with that). I think of it more of the areas design being unique and meshes enhance this. For the rest I will go with a clean and simple look. If I can squeze a few official assets in the map I will so that my map doesn't weight 500mb haha. Thanks for following the progress, I appreciate any feedback !

Originally posted by divi View Post
                  corridor reminds me a bit of that.
                  https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...792ebc0e62.jpg

will be curious how this thing turns out in the end.
                  I did use this as an initial inspiration source. It is clean and techy but not exaggerated. Then I adapted it to fit the map and what I wanted it to look like. You will probably be able to find many of my sources of inspiration just by going on google and researching concept arts of sci-fi interiors
                  RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

First importation tests, sexxeh no ?

Attached Files
                    RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                      First importation tests, sexxeh no ?...
                      Yep, indeed
                      Stevie's corner
                      Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                      Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Really nice work so far! The corridor is very symmetrical by design. Would it be a good idea to introduce small assymetry, if not in the model then in textures, to improve variation and maybe player orientation?

Comment

Originally posted by Lenx View Post
                          Really nice work so far! The corridor is very symmetrical by design. Would it be a good idea to introduce small assymetry, if not in the model then in textures, to improve variation and maybe player orientation?
                          It is indeed. The panels on the sides are currently all the same model, that will change and I will create a few variations. I am currently trying to design sets of modular pieces for the floors and walls to play around and create a lot of diversity without making hundreds of assets. Also had to take some time to adapt the layout of the map which took me away from modeling a little while. But now I focus only on meshes, so more will come soon !
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Slowly starting again to work on meshes after a detour I had to take to rework the layout of the map. Creating stairs is quite easy and a good way to get motivation before starting on bigger pieces. The side pieces will have small lights in them that will lit the stair below them.

Attached Files
                            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Wow cool stairway Raste i hope come more soon

Comment

A bit more everyday ahah. I need to add more detail to this piece though...

Attached Files
                                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Working...
                                X