Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydraulics Concept Arts request

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    cool i hope a new pak version come soon i love it Hydraulics

    Comment


      #47
      It's getting cool. Keep us posted!
      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
        It's getting cool. Keep us posted!
        Working on the ramp of the flak room. This is an example of 3 tiles bound together. Geometry only at the moment

        Attached Files
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

        Comment


          #49
          Some static meshes are easier than others to create. Working on the lights, this is going somewhere cool I think.

          Attached Files
          RASTE IN PEACE !
          Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
          Weapon: Redeemer

          Comment


            #50
            Awesome! More lights like that please.

            Btw, i got a question, are you going to really customize that map to extense? I will give an example. You're making your own meshes, that will end up turning this map very original. But, are you going further with it? Making that "tournament" vibe that people keep begging? Some crazy tv screens and other crazy stuff that make that "big brother" vibe and also a tournament.

            I get the sort of vibe that if you continue with this hard work, and go further, it will be eye-opening for many in here. Thinking out-of-the-box.
            work: www.POLEGAR.pt

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
              Btw, i got a question, are you going to really customize that map to extense? I will give an example. You're making your own meshes, that will end up turning this map very original. But, are you going further with it? Making that "tournament" vibe that people keep begging? Some crazy tv screens and other crazy stuff that make that "big brother" vibe and also a tournament.
              My idea with this map has always been creating a new, original, very UT99-like map. But we are not in 1999 anymore and graphics have to be updated. I believe that creating community maps should all be about breaking away from the offical maps while remaining very UT-like. That's why some people like Hydraulics for its big arena in the middle with the trap, because the official maps don't really have that kind of areas. It was also the first map to reintroduce traps, just like in DM-Pressure.

              I want to push this map as far as I can, and this probably means that I will have to do all the static meshes myself with Sigmafie and not use any from Epic. This gives me total freedom over the looks of the map at the expense of a tad more work (which I'm willing to put in). As for the "tournament" feel, I'm not totally sure I get what you mean. But I have in mind to add animated surveillance cameras to the map, that move along a rail or something. I also wanted to create small bots running in the map with their head being camera lenses. But this is very far from now haha !

              Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
              I get the sort of vibe that if you continue with this hard work, and go further, it will be eye-opening for many in here. Thinking out-of-the-box.
              I'm trying not to copy Epic offical maps. It has its dangers but it's much more original in the end. Ideally I should create a UT ambiance but in a slightly different way. Hoping this map will be both playable and very clean and beautiful in the end.
              RASTE IN PEACE !
              Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
              Weapon: Redeemer

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Raste View Post
                But I have in mind to add animated surveillance cameras to the map, that move along a rail or something. I also wanted to create small bots running in the map with their head being camera lenses. But this is very far from now haha !.
                That is exactly what I was thinking. That sort of vibe/ambient/feeling with those dynamic things. And the meshes you create of course.

                Really nice!
                work: www.POLEGAR.pt

                Comment


                  #53
                  Quick preview of some new work, really focusing on this area first to get a good feel of how to do static meshes that go well together while remaining modular.

                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Raste; 03-09-2015, 06:56 PM.
                  RASTE IN PEACE !
                  Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                  Weapon: Redeemer

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Du machst die map erst mit static Meshes fertig Raste?

                    You make the map only with static meshes finished catch?

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                      Du machst die map erst mit static Meshes fertig Raste?

                      You make the map only with static meshes finished catch?
                      Was meinst du ? Ob ich alle static meshes ohne Materialen mache ? Oder ob ich alle BSP weg nehmen werde ?
                      RASTE IN PEACE !
                      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                      Weapon: Redeemer

                      Comment


                        #56
                        I'm not super happy with the new passerelle, this is very experimental. It's still better than the BSP was, it does look more solid. But still, I'm far from being happy with the shape. It will need a ton more detail before I'll be even remotely happy with it. More to come hopefully !

                        Attached Files
                        RASTE IN PEACE !
                        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                        Weapon: Redeemer

                        Comment


                          #57
                          This is turning great! I like this environmental aesthetic

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Man your progress with this is super exciting! The attention to detail in the modelling for the high poly version of the corridor is amazing.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by PhraktureMusic View Post
                              Man your progress with this is super exciting! The attention to detail in the modelling for the high poly version of the corridor is amazing.
                              Thanks !

                              I will add more details to this hallway/corridor. The panels will be swappable to allow more details and variations in there. Still a lot of work to do, and I'm only starting to understand how modularity works
                              RASTE IN PEACE !
                              Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                              Weapon: Redeemer

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Going double post ! I was not happy with the first iteration of design of the bridge above the trap. It looked a bit weak and mostly that triangle joining the bridge and the walls on the sides don't fit the theme imo.


                                So I corrected it with the second iteration:

                                Attached Files
                                RASTE IN PEACE !
                                Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                                Weapon: Redeemer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X