Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
    Holy..!!

I was skeptical if you were really going to try and capture this image feeling:
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...id=10744&stc=1

But, I am not anymore. I think it will be better even. The amount of work for those meshes is really cool. I'm expecting when you finish this, you will be using those meshes for another map
    The Arbor vitae scene is an inspiration, it helped me a lot to figure out elements of the design and modularity of the components. In the end it will be a combination of many various styles which, hopefully, will result in something fresh and nice. I'm getting inspiration from Mass Effect, Halo, the previous UT and many other sources. It's really a long journey and I'm starting to understand how to work properly with the meshes.

For now I will keep on the work of replacing the BSP brushes with test static meshes that are very low in details but give the general idea of the geometry. Once this is done I'll make a lot of art passes to add all the details and get closer to what the Unreal Engine can give. Lots more news to come, and possibly surprises !
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
      It's really starting to shine Raste! keep up the nice work, really cool that you are sharing with us the process.
      Seconding this, keeping an eye on this one

Can't wait to have more maps to play in, this one seems like fun addition for sure.
      Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

It's really starting to shine Raste! keep up the nice work, really cool that you are sharing with us the process.
        Thanks! I'm learning all this on the fly and I hope it can help people who want to create completely their own maps to see how I get there. I'm also pretty new to streaming and I try to show live portions of my work.

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
        Seconding this, keeping an eye on this one

Can't wait to have more maps to play in, this one seems like fun addition for sure.
        I believe there will be a ton more maps in a close future, and I'm really trying to achieve a fun map to play and that looks nice. It's a big challenge for me and you guys help me stay motivated through all that hard work!
        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

If you visit the polycount forums, you might find a nice thread in which many great artists specify that motivation is overrated. It has more to do with discipline and to just have the energy to just sit down in front of the computer, close Chrome and start to work. It's like the gym... oh I don't want to go to the gym today, then your buddy kicks your ***, you go to the gym and 20 minutes later it actually feels great.
          It might be overrated, but it never hurts to have people following your work and helping you out with feedback
          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

A few more screenshots from the editor, just for your eyes haha. This new content will be made available in v606. I have rebuilt all the assets for the bio hallway (modular set now)

Starting some work on a different location in the map (test meshes)

And a good example of modularity with 2 sets of meshes for the boards there

Attached Files
            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Looks very promising Keep going, i'm excited for the further development!

Comment

First work on ramp tile pieces. Here you can see on the right the side part, then in the middle the floor panel, and to the left a liaison tile to connect the floor panels together. Then I'll make 2 sets of these so I can use pieces combined from both sets and create many different ramps.

Attached Files
                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I've finally install the map and play around a bit and I must say, the layout is very good and I love the geometry

The WIP meshes are great too

I have few things to suggest :

- The spot where the tights are located should contain a more valuable item. The risk vs. reward is off for me. I would tend to put the KEG there or 2 medium health.
                  - The vest is to easy to collect. It could be replaced with the tights ?
                  - Some ammo are to close to walls, like the 2 link gun ammo near the pillar.

In all, this map is really great !!! Keep up the great work
                  Stevie's corner
                  Maps : DM-Valas, DM-Thaq, DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                  Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                    I've finally install the map and play around a bit and I must say, the layout is very good and I love the geometry

The WIP meshes are great too

I have few things to suggest :

- The spot where the tights are located should contain a more valuable item. The risk vs. reward is off for me. I would tend to put the KEG there or 2 medium health.
                    - The vest is to easy to collect. It could be replaced with the tights ?
                    - Some ammo are to close to walls, like the 2 link gun ammo near the pillar.

In all, this map is really great !!! Keep up the great work
                    Hey, thanks for the feedback ! I can definitely swap the tights an the chest, that would be closer to the first iterations of the map. I'll have to check with all the other items how that works (mostly with the belt that isn't that far from it). For the ammo I'll make it easier to pick up !

I've been taking a short break from my work on this map (studies required it, gotta know your priorities ^^). But now I can work 100% on the map and my redeemer model project. So the map will receive a ton of updates during the next 3 weeks. Stay tuned and remember to give feedback if you have some, I always consider it !
                    RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Always nice to see in game the meshes, I'll focus on the map for a few days -> more meshes to come !

Attached Files
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Moar moar moar !!!

Sides of the trap with dynamic lights, I'll have to work on blueprints to change the color of these lights when the trap goes on
                        Attached Files
                        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Originally posted by Raste View Post
                          Moar moar moar !!!

Sides of the trap with dynamic lights, I'll have to work on blueprints to change the color of these lights when the trap goes on
                          mmm.... its look sexy!!

Comment

Looking really great so far!
                            Win 10
                            iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
                            DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                            2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Relit and more meshes in, starting to look like I dreamt it to be

Attached Files
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Wow come this in the new version 607?

its very cool Raste

Comment

Working...
                                X