X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
    Wow come this in the new version 607?

its very cool Raste
    It should if the redirects ever work again I did a bit more work on this area, that's all for now. I'll focus on other areas that need tons of meshes too.

Attached Files
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Man, these meshes are really professional quality by every meaning. Even textureless looks so cool. The lighting is perfectly configured in above picture. Love it, can tell you're a bit of a perfectionist since I can't even find one little detail I'd change haha.

Maybe you should start supplying some mesh-work for Epic? ^^
      Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 04-05-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
        Man, these meshes are really professional quality by every meaning. Even textureless looks so cool. The lighting is perfectly configured in above picture. Love it, can tell you're a bit of a perfectionist since I can't even find one little detail I'd change haha.

Maybe you should start supplying some mesh-work for Epic? ^^
        Haha, I'm far from professional, but I'm learning more everyday. These meshes need another pass to become the low poly versions (84k tris in this scene so far, I have a lot of margin). For me a scene will only look good textures and all if the untextured version does. So I really focus on this early stage of development to get the geometry right. Btw, the floor tiles need a tad more work in this area. More to come !

For the perfectionism, yes, guilty as charged
        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

So, today I got... errr... carried away ? (thx to Zixxer for the idea of the pipes coming from the roof)

Attached Files
          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

wow make more Meshes and by then make a Pak 607 Raste

Comment

Raste,

Nice job, man! I like your hallway a lot. I like how you're using the large, flat panels in combination with details, like pipes, brackets and such. It's very easy to go overboard with detail in UT and you've a nice balance here. I'd like to see a scale character in there to an idea of the size of the place.

The orange detail lights are used really well. I'd maybe have less of them so that they read as a nice visual accent and not start to feel overused.

Good work, man. Keep it up.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Kohler View Post
                Raste,

Nice job, man! I like your hallway a lot. I like how you're using the large, flat panels in combination with details, like pipes, brackets and such. It's very easy to go overboard with detail in UT and you've a nice balance here. I'd like to see a scale character in there to an idea of the size of the place.

The orange detail lights are used really well. I'd maybe have less of them so that they read as a nice visual accent and not start to feel overused.

Good work, man. Keep it up.
                Thanks ! I find it quite hard to restrain myself with the details. I want to get more in but I feel there is no need for it indeed. The big panels ensure clarity, while the other elements build up the realism. I will keep on polishing the geometry of the assets and add attaches for the pipes. Funny thing, today I noticed there were too many orange lights, I will remove the ones on the door at the end of the hallway and rework that door a bit. It will probably host an animated element.

Malcom 3rd person view and necris model for scale (94k tris currently):

Attached Files
                Last edited by Raste; 04-07-2015, 01:11 PM.
                RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

**** raste! ****.

That's all I can say Good scale too. The roof seemed a bit big, 2x the character, but for gameplay (wall dodge, and jumps) I think it fits good.
                  work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
                    **** raste! ****.

That's all I can say Good scale too. The roof seemed a bit big, 2x the character, but for gameplay (wall dodge, and jumps) I think it fits good.
                    I made sure that the BSP version allows at least the wall dodge. And since I use the BSP as boundaries for the static meshes, the gameplay was not affected when I meshed up this part of the map. I just need to setup properly the collisions so that movement is smooth as hell in there too. For the gameplay I believe it's good to have more cramped areas like this one. It's a nice shortcut, but a dangerous one if you encounter a flak or bio rifle

I got more meshes I'm currently working on as I'm trying hard to push the design of the main room with the trap. It's going smoothly and each time I get to create a new mesh, I get a chance to reconsider this part of layout and improve it. The new roof is a typical example where I decided to give more ceiling height to the side roads. In the end this represents a tad of small modifications that can improve a lot the feeling of the map.

I'll post more new meshes later today
                    RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

In this new iteration (v608), I'm focusing on bringing more industrial feel to the main room and add various types of machinery. As I said in my previous post, I use the opportunities of meshing to adapt the pieces. Here the roof has been made higer. I also added the structures (early version) on the sides of the "19" and the small balcony for the pads armor.

I also started some work on wall panels. The panels here should remain very simple so that it doesn't add to the visual complexity. Being simple, they won't attract the eye and leave the attention to the more complex meshes around. Kind of a way to highlight some meshes.

Attached Files
                      RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Reworked a bit the light in this area, the next big step is the design of the trap. Started to work on it, but ****, that's a hard piece to design

Attached Files
                        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I worked on a couple of prototypes:

Feedback is always welcome.

I'm still hesitant as for the weather conditions surrounding the map. A night theme could fit but I really like how the sun rays project onto the ground in the trap room. I am preparing the lights in the map so that either (day or night) way I can have a nice lighting in. The more meshes I will get it in, the more the lights will be refined.
                          Attached Files
                          RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

That is looking simply fantastic. Will this be an official map?
                            Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_D'Amato View Post
                              That is looking simply fantastic. Will this be an official map?
                              Thanks ! If it becomes an official map or not, it's not my call to make
                              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Very nice progress

I'm wondering if your making the UV's as you build the meshes or it will be done later ?
                                Stevie's corner
                                Maps, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                                Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Working...
                                X