Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [CONCEPT ART] Hydraulics Concept Arts request

Hydraulics Concept Arts request

I have seen some really killer concept arts in this section of the forum (and not only from Gooba ) and it kind of piqued my curiosity to see what you guys could do on a few screenshots of the map I'm designing: DM-Hydraulics. I was wondering if I could get some help with the concept arts since it's really not my field of expertise. I go by four general guidelines for the map:

(1) visibility is the top priority, the level should remain very clean visually
    (2) the level should be well lit with a few possible darker places like the bio room (third screenshot)
    (3) There should be one contrasting color, a slightly desaturated orange would be nice imo.
    (4) all visual elements should stick with the theme of hydraulics (pipes, pressure valves, turbines, tech panels, water, etc)

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/hadronanom...dm-hydraulics/

Concept arts by Geck (big thanks !)

Screenshots of Hydraulics

The closest concept arts I have found that I believe would be a good point to start from:

These are just concept arts I find cool and would probably fit the map, but I'm very open minded if you come up with something totally different that looks good ! I will work on my end also on the art side of the map and use this thread to post it, but it's definitely not my strongest skill. That's why I kindly ask for some help out here

Don't hesitate also to give ideas and help me brainstorm to determine what Hydraulics should look like if you want to !

Level design thread:
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-dm_hydraulics

Music thread:
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-DM-Hydraulics
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Raste; 03-16-2015, 07:22 PM.

• replied
    Awesome work on the lights

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like that tune goes, keep on moving - don't stop, no.. Looking good there Raste!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hitting it again, pumping meshes in this dammmmnnn map

www.artstation.com/artwork/k6vwA
    Last edited by Raste; 01-31-2018, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dizzi View Post
    Amazing work !
    Ho yes indeed!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing work !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Recognized that mesh? Here is the full thing
    The first mesh I created for a UT4 map. It has been awaiting a proper painting for a while. Finally got time to do it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some more wip, with a cool angle

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This final turbine is looking really great Raste!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nah .... resumed would mean it has been paused (which is the case). Started would mean it has been stopped, which is not what I meant haha

So my point is that as long as no life sign is shown from Epic on this project, I will stick with building assets for my map since this can be reused cross projects, whereas the redeemer is UT specific and can wait

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Resumed? would imply it stopped Those turbines do look pretty good put together there Raste! Keep it Up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What is the rush ? It's not like UT has been resumed has it ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Raste, are you going to be working on your Redeemer soon? We'd love to see it completed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And the full thing, pretty sure it will look ugly when I import that in UE4 ahahaha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really nice materials m8

Leave a comment:

Working...
X