CHAOS:UT... Raining Blood!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHAOS:UT... Raining Blood!

Hey guys Mike from Chaotic dreams here with a little preview of an effect that will be going into our mod.

Our Vampire Relic allows a player to steal health from other players by shooting them, so we of course needed a gruesome showcase for how that happens. So I created this effect:

First the blood leaves the body:

And then travels through the air to the player using the relic:

Here is a mock up of how we hope to have it look in game:

Support for multiple creature types:

and this one was a total accident but BLOOD TORNADOES!

Thanks for stopping by! We hope to have some video to show on this in the coming weeks stay tuned.
    Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
    Artist for Chaos: UT

And now I must play some Slayer to pacify the deamons
    Who wants a UT99 FOOD FIGHT ?

Comment

It's like confetti and party poppers, lol.

Anyways, if you spend some time experimenting with that gore, I bet it'll look pretty amazing. Maybe have a little bit of scatter or general variation to the model or spline or whatever you call it. I don't really know how I would go about doing that, but you probably get what I mean.
      Last edited by Skerion; 09-03-2015, 03:15 AM.

Comment

This is really neat TSK. I'd like to see how are you doing this, is it entirely in emitter with a start & end point defined by hitlocation & firestart or is there more programmatically controlling the behavior?
        Join Project: Open Tournament: Discord | YouTube

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

The effects shown here are a static Proof of concept. Right now we are working hard on the real time version of the effect. The idea is to do it using a custom spline mesh system (Which warhead built for our grappling hook) So its essentially a spline mesh that can be altered in real time, combined with material animations that will simulate the blood flow. We have a few internal test videos but we are waiting for a more finished version of the effect before we show it off. The final effect will be based on line of sight and some other factors when it generates the path for the blood. The details are still being ironed out stay tuned!

Comment

So hyped to get this in my hands :3

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post
              So hyped to get this in my hands :3
              It should be pretty messy, our internal discussions have let to some alterations in the design, but the effect of a stream of blood flowing through the air will still be a visceral thrill for certain. Stay tuned

Comment

Wow that is crazy! Can't wait to play this!
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
                X