[Chaos:UT] TSK Effects showcase!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Chaos:UT] TSK Effects showcase!

I'm making this thread to showcase some of the effects that I've been working on for the Chaos:UT mod. I'm pretty new still when it comes to particle systems but I'm learning a lot and I hope you all will enjoy seeing the progress we are making.

First up I've been finalizing the look for one of our relic powers which is called vengeance. The vengeance relic allows the player to build up several of these vengeful spirits that will seek out and attack a player on your behalf:

Final:

Early test pass:

Next up is the explosion effect for the proxy mines. Being as the proxy mines are so iconic for chaos I felt it was important to really push this effect. As such it went through several iterations as well. Being as the proxy mines are recognizable I wanted the outer shell of these egg shaped abominations to be blasted all over the place which was much more work than I had anticipated. I think it all paid off in the end:

Final:

Previous Versions:

Stress test with 35 explosions at once to see if it would break everything:

Next up is the Hoverboard effects. Another set of complex interactions were needed to sell this thing. We wanted to pay homage to the UT2k4 version of the chaos hoverboard while throwing in some modern styling as well. The jet engines were a big deal in that regard. Some things to note here would be the turbine in the engines can glow based on the throttle of the board. Also the dust clouds that get kicked up actually blow in the opposing direction of the boards "Anti grav" Feild. As such the effect is really reactive based on the boards location in game:

Final:

Previous Versions:

The next couple of videos show some other effects that relate to the energy/relic systems in the mod:

The Kamikaze charging effect, if you see a player that looks like this run the other way!

Zen, This relic will bounce attacks back at you so it might be best not to harsh on his mellow:

Relic holder effects These effects will be based on which relic you are holding and how much energy you have stocked up. We felt its important to provide some communication for what kind of threat another player might pose. Not sure if this is final but I thought it was worth sharing:

I hope you all enjoy seeing the work from myself and our team. I have a bunch of other videos with unused effects that I will post if you are interested let me know. Look forward to more updates and happy fragging!
    Last edited by thatscrawnyki; 04-27-2017, 09:18 PM.
    Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
    Artist for Chaos: UT

Why are all the video links the same redeemer explosion video?

Comment

Originally posted by Waverun View Post
      Why are all the video links the same redeemer explosion video?
      I'm not sure how that happened they should be fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post

I'm not sure how that happened they should be fixed now
        Yeah now they're fixed.

Comment

awesome effects there. I really like the kamikaze and relic holder effects. In future i would like to make a Adrenaline Mutator bringung back speed, berserk, invis etc. This effects would be amazing for such a mutator.
          Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Comment

... If this doesn't shake somebody awake @EPIC, I will be sorely disappointed.. although nothing in comparison to the joy of watching this development. Followed by the pure horror of something once seen that can never be unseen, namely those sine waves in rainbow, somehow, flashbacked a nyancat..
              Great works posted thatscrawnyki! Keep Up the GoodWorks!
              LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Working...
              X