No announcement yet.

Idea for gore system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then why dont we make a mutator for better gore instead of forcing the devs to do it?

I would like to brainstorm on ways to make the decals bigger for a start!

Comment

maybe they can make some insane gore level named "Epic", i usually use no gore in competitive, but lately i forced ut2004 graphics too max, its fun to watch blood all over the place, specially when you hit someone with rockets or flak :P

Comment

hehe ..
        and exactly this have Feralidragon done in UT99

Comment

Maybe something ispired from gore sytem of Ballistic Weapons mod for UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Rheap View Post
            Maybe something ispired from gore sytem of Ballistic Weapons mod for UT2004.
            ^ Yeah, that was nice.
            Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

and makes pretty fun in the game )))

best regards
              Blacky

Comment

Ballistic weapons are fun, gibs system is very good

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
                  hehe ..
                  and exactly this have Feralidragon done in UT99

Please no. I don't know why someone would want something so out of proportion.

I think UT4's gore should be based on what works best in the following games: Killing Floor 2, Soldier of Fortune 2, Ballistic Weapons mod for UT2k4 (proven, works fine, easy to implement), Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War, Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, Payne Effects 3 mod for Max Payne 2, Brutal Doom, Brutal Half-Life, Overgrowth (fantastic ragdoll physics and blood dripping system), etc.

We need gibs, dismemberment (at least 3 points of seperation per limb), detailed headshots, exit wounds, blood spill, blood splatters, decals on the environment, subtle blood trails (dripping) to track a wounded opponent (interesting thing gameplay-wise), excellent ragdoll physics combined with behavioral animation...
                  Last edited by Shletten; 05-31-2015, 01:12 PM. Reason: to add something I forgot to mention

Comment

Also would be nice to see body damage like in "the wolverine game"

Comment

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like hyperrealistic brutal gore?

Look, I like how they did it in UT2004. As mentioned before, there are some categories, robots have robotparts, humans bloody parts, aliens green bloody parts. You hit someone in the leg and a leg part bounces merrily from the ragdoll. It was executed in a messy, but also in a theatrical way. I think burns, lacerations and impalements of painstakingly specific gibs just feels out of place with this game.

Comment

Same opinion here as Basalt, I really do not care at all for a very brutalistic/realistic or whatever gore system in UT. What I do enjoy however is that theatrically bouncing ragdoll which makes it at the same time both more satisfying to score a frag but also amusing. :P So if anything, exaggerated ragdoll mechanisms pls!!

As an example, instead of combo sucking in the characters and exploding them I'd much rather see the corpses being flung around a bit instead. Hitting a full flak should also push the corpse quite a bit etc.
                        Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 07-08-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecreif View Post
                          I think this will be a bit problematic.
                          Especially for countries like Germany. We have unfortunately very strict violence and gore laws in media that might even lead to a prohibition on sale. (As far as I know)
                          I don't know about free2play games and Internet sales only. That might be a grey zone.

Although I would also like to have it. I don't think any sane human on earth would be influenced by that level of gore. Its just fun and we don't see those pixel characters as humans. Thats the difference.
                          Maybe not. Mortal Kombat X made it through here in germany. Uncut. They said the gore in this game is so absurd, that it's not realistic in any way and not dangerous for the audience
                          It is not as strict anymore, like in the old days of gaming.

I think a game like Unreal Tournament would get through our USK, uncut without any problems. Rated for people +18.

Comment

I would like to urge everyone who is agains bloody realistic gibs in a game about bloodsports to play something else. Maybe Splatoon is more your speed.

Comment

Games which are only downloadable are not restricted by our BPJM and therefore not prohibitable.
                              If you would sell UT4 on a physical medium is this a different case. If an ******** (retiree, moralizer or concerned parents with too much free time) makes a request for examination, it could be that the BPJM would index it afterwards and then it would be prohibited to advertise the game or place it visible in a store... sometimes is it even prohibited to sell the game at all. Even to order it in the internet is sometimes difficult.
                              That's why many game developer cut (censor) their game to make it saleable in Germany.
                              The best what could happen, is if a game with too much realistic gore get only X-rated... still accessible for mature people.
                              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

something like this in a more brutal way please ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X