Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] 2k3 inspired shock draft

Always loved this shape, wanted to make something of it (pics updated):

This one is supposed to be instagib (instaburn?) version - no shock core module, primary heat ray mode, alt scope and a cooling system which could be animated in a way similar to what I did in my early sniper rifle anims - side doors opening to release heat/smoke/fire. Enemies do not explode on hit, instead they are burned down to ashes. Could be fun for a change I think.
    Last edited by Aberiu; 09-07-2015, 08:28 PM.
    ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

+1

I prefer your instagib rifle version, rather than the one that Epic is currently considering:
    > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
    > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
    > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

Originally posted by Aberiu View Post
      Always loved this shape, wanted to make something of it

This one is supposed to be instagib (instaburn?) version - no shock core module, primary heat ray mode, alt scope and a cooling system which could be animated in a way similar to what I did in my early sniper rifle anims - side doors opening to release heat/smoke/fire. Enemies do not explode on hit, instead they are burned down to ashes. Could be fun for a change I think.

This looks pretty mean in this incarnation. One thing I might suggest is incorporating the ammo cylinder into the design? It's visually so distinct from the typical Shock Rifle that I don't know that it's even supposed to correspond to a powered-up Shock Rifle. Needs some cues to tie it back visually.
      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

This particular weapon isn't supposed to be a powered up shock rifle, since the 2k3 one looks so different I thought it could rather be something new - a heat ray weapon in this case. I always thought it's a bit dumb that instagib mode while introducing a whole new weapon in terms of gameplay still uses a slightly retextured shock. Back then it probably happened because it was just a mutator (correct me if I'm wrong), but since it proved to be popular I think it deserves something unique.

Also some sketchy anims

The side doors movement could be a bit less straightforward but it's hard for me to do such things in 2d.
        ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Originally posted by Aberiu View Post
          This particular weapon isn't supposed to be a powered up shock rifle, since the 2k3 one looks so different I thought it could rather be something new - a heat ray weapon in this case. I always thought it's a bit dumb that instagib mode while introducing a whole new weapon in terms of gameplay still uses a slightly retextured shock. Back then it probably happened because it was just a mutator (correct me if I'm wrong), but since it proved to be popular I think it deserves something unique.

Also some sketchy anims

The side doors movement could be a bit less straightforward but it's hard for me to do such things in 2d.
          A++ then. Heat ray weapon is something I've been planning for awhile.

Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Hahaha ...this is pretty close to the jalapeño ammo for the Canopener for Food Fight.
            Instead of gibbing the opponent, you'll burn them to ashes when you hit 'em.

right after the Fryingpan is the Canopener... the third ammo-can is the Hallapenjo (jalapeño)
            http://www.moddb.com/mods/food-fight...ght-demo-movie
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Very cool!
              Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
              Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
              Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Pretty dope, and I might be getting ahead of myself, but I think it's good that you chose to put the vents on the right side of the weapon (sparks won't cover screen etc.) Should still look pretty cool from 3rd person view though.

Comment

The vents are supposed to be on both sides actually. If I recall correctly instagib shock deals about 10000 damage which is more than redeemer, this is a weapon of extreme power and one way to communicate that feeling for me is to make it look dangerously unstable - maybe even the barrel could start to burn after several consecutive shots.
                  ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Yeah that would be a really cool effect if you could pull it off. Glowing metal/black body radiation or whatever.

Comment

Is there any way to work this is as an alternative model? :

But seriously, an attempt at an actual super weapon to communicate its real power can help the public better understand what instagib is all about. I applaud the effort.

Comment

That's cool, I actually really liked 2k3's Shock model, as opposed to the 2k4 one. The back part feels a little short to me though, maybe try making it longer somehow?

Comment

Cool, I like it. Good job.
                          HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                          BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I'm wondering if the profile of the weapon would be changed for the better if the stock was extended a bit. I love the shape, always thought 2k3's sr model was cool.
                            :|

Comment

Nice gun design and animation
                              Stevie's corner
                              My UT4 maps
                              Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Working...
                              X