Bio Rifle (Hybrid Design)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BladeSword View Post
    I believe that mixing concepts from concept 2 could be a great thing, I see a big potential in these designs
    having a nice mixture of organic style with tech
    But I have a few recommentations at least from my perspective of course
    I do like the three arms bits of 2# but I think you might try to reverse them having the side arms to the top and the top one in the bottom of the weapon
    I think an holographic ladder on the top would benefit the design while having the ammo display and charge display in there too.
    The ammo can in 1# is well placed but needs to be bigger it also looks better in 2#

My fav is 2# but I think some things have to be moved in the same fashion as 1# at some point
    Thanks, I'll take your suggestions in consideration.

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

From that big circle there's one specific style that's missing and that's "organic". Yes UT3 did go super-overboard with the alien style on the Bio rifle. Nevertheless I think organic style still very much suits the Biorifle. The UT3 design just needed more visual clarity.
      Check out my work!
      | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
      | Localization

Comment

Originally posted by InVader View Post
        From that big circle there's one specific style that's missing and that's "organic". Yes UT3 did go super-overboard with the alien style on the Bio rifle. Nevertheless I think organic style still very much suits the Biorifle. The UT3 design just needed more visual clarity.
        The big circle doesn't have that included because organic weaponry isn't really something that's historically been part of the visual style of UT weapons. You can definitely do a lot of interesting and crazy organic styled things, but is it right for this weapon in this series? Why not just make another gun if we want something that's off the wall random?
        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
          Why not just make another gun if we want something that's off the wall random?
          It would be cool! Epic team itself is asking us to work on new unique weapons :3

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I'm back with this concept. I drew a basic model of the weapon without any kind of arm, with a lot of references to the original UT design and to the second variant of the previous concept art. The style is between Industrial and Sci-Fi, not necessarily Organic (I agree with what Wail said about that weapon style). Since the idea of adding arms is not so bad, I've also drawn three variants of the barrel and the respective arms.

1. Two arms to the top and one arm to the bottom. The bottom arm is extendable, since it's linked to the main body with a piston.
            2. Two arms to the top and one arm to the bottom. All three arms are extendable. Plus, they are hidden in the barrel, showing just the terminal segment/plate which is embedded to the barrel. They extract themselves when the grav. field is active.
            3. Two arms to the sides (crossbow style). When the grav. field is active, the arms are lifted a bit.

There are also three variants of the charge display (a-b-c).

Assertive criticism and feedback are welcome!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rapfamily4; 12-06-2015, 06:39 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Always amused by this detail in the weapon of the UT. What sense in it?)))

And so, very cool concepts. But knowing the new style of UT, BIO is likely to be made of steel with a bunch of pistons.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

About that pipe, it connects the gun with the canister, EVEN THOUGH THE CAN ITSELF IS INSERTED IN THE WEAPON. I know, it doesn't have any sense, but it's quite cool in terms of visuals, in my opinion xD...

LOOK AT THAT: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...path-prefix=en

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I think mixing 3 and 1 is the thing to go, the bottom arm of 1 on each side placed like a crosbow.

Comment

Ehy, It could be nice!

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I thought about a little issue of this design: do you think the barrel is too small? I noticed it right now.

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

One of the things that I've heard mentioned as a 'requirement' is that the Bio Rifle model have a way to visually represent the charge level for the charged firing mode. UT3 did this with the big floating blob and the arms that pull back. Personally I don't really think the Bio Rifle ought to have articulated 'arms' so to speak. Too much obvious straining to echo other sci fi concepts without considering this weapon's functionality.

Rap's #0 there is personally the overall direction I'd like to see. Personally a big fan of the ribbed tubing, cool and sensible addition for a weapon that's pushing sludge around.

I may try to draw some sketches of mechanisms for the bio that haven't been explored yet.
                        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I'm actually considering the fact, since yesterday, to focus mostly on the #0 concept/design and working less on the armed ones. Trust me: while I was drawing the #0 concept, its original design had the 2 armed crossbow style, then I thought to draw a single standard model, drawing the barrel variants separately; when I took a look at the standard one, I would have appreciated it more if it hadn't had any kind of arm.

But it's a sort of challange: we have to find a different, unique, original and unseen solution! I'm sure we'll find it.
                          For instance, HitscanGaem suggested a syringe system: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post209165
                          I've also my own idea (though it's quite raw): the rifle could have some plates to the sides that pull back/out while the weapon is charging up, to increase the space in the charging chamber. We could apply the same thing on the barrel, instead of the sides.

I'll wait your concepts, Wail.

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I would definitely like to see some different ideas for showing the charge level. The challenging part is giving you feedback in 1p but more importantly showing other players how charged you are in your 3p view.
                            Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                            Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                            Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Ist die Bio Rifle nun die Waffe die ihr als nächstes angehen wollt YemYam?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                                Ist die Bio Rifle nun die Waffe die ihr als nächstes angehen wollt YemYam?
                                I hope so!

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                                X