No announcement yet.

Bio Rifle (Hybrid Design)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, they're all nice, I just can't decide, classic is a nice draw back to ut99 and 2k4, 2 is pretty nice looking, 4 is pretty interesting and 5 flatters my ego XD, but I don't really like 1, it feels unpracticale.

Also, for 4, I'm currious about who you change the canister, because if you can't reload your gun, it because a bit useless, does it get out a little and you just pick the part that's out and pull on it and then slide a new clip in ?

PS : To see mine without mooving, mousewheel click this link : https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...itary-style%29
    Last edited by Shkikri; 02-15-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

3D Mesh in progress!

Hi again, guys and gals and robots!

Today I'd like to show you the progression with the 3D mesh of the rifle. It's really basic, yet. I'm spending most of the time on the (upper) slide, trying to define the concave parts. Since this one is one of my first models I'd like to know if there's an alternative method to the Polygonal Modeling for the creation curve mechanical parts. I'm also interested on [MENTION=45160]TheBrainSurgeon[/MENTION] 's opinions about modeling, since their original model was really nice, and I'd like to learn more about the discipline.

Any suggestion?
      Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Hey glad to see you trying your hand at modeling. Generally anything that would be separate objects in real life should be made its own separate object in the model (for the highpoly).
        For now we're just trying to figure out the basic shape, so wouldn't worry too much about topology. I would suggest you familiarize yourself with the software, and then look up some advanced hard surface modeling tutorials.
        I recommend this tutorial https://vimeo.com/10941211 he uses 3Ds Max but the same principles apply.

Here's the model I did before, feel free to rip it apart and see how it works. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iulzucoc96...io1.blend?dl=0

Comment

[MENTION=45160]TheBrainSurgeon[/MENTION]
          Thanks a lot for posting the model file! I took a look on it, and it was quite exciting.

Anyway, here's some minor updates.

Spoiler
          Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Oh cool it is being modeled!

Comment

Thanks for the appreciation!

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                1. .
                2. Canister attached on the dissipator sidely, as shown in TheBrainSurgeon's model;
                3. Pipe canister on the bottom of the weapon, like in the classic design;
                Oh, I totally missed this post, I really like #2 and #3, I think they could both work at the same time, but the bottom canister could be bigger though in my opinion.
                If Epic decides to go with the grenade launcher design then #3 could be the grenade ammo, and #2 could be the regular goo ammo. But that's just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBrainSurgeon View Post
                  Oh, I totally missed this post, I really like #2 and #3, I think they could both work at the same time, but the bottom canister could be bigger though in my opinion.
                  Thanks, but I think we should choose just one type of canister: the essential goes first!

Originally posted by TheBrainSurgeon View Post
                  If Epic decides to go with the grenade launcher design then #3 could be the grenade ammo, and #2 could be the regular goo ammo. But that's just my thoughts.
                  I think that they'll make a different model for the Bio Launcher. Recycle models, to me, is not a good idea.

Anyway, I'm starting to model the main body of the weapon
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rapfamily4; 03-29-2016, 07:14 AM. Reason: Grammar FTW

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Guys and gals, I'm back with some renders of the (unfinished) model.
                    What do you think about the first person view?

Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I have some minor updates: added the bottom slide and the grip. I also changed the color scheme a bit, using colder shades.

Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

This is shaping up very well ...it still looks like a scifi boot stretcher but I'm certain it'll look great when its raw shape is finished.
                        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                          This is shaping up very well ...it still looks like a scifi boot stretcher but I'm certain it'll look great when its raw shape is finished.
                          Thanks for the feedback! It's a funny similarity xD

Anyway, I'm not satisfied about the fact that the model looks too organic at the moment. Maybe this opinion could change when I'll add the other parts.

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Hello! I finally added the dissipator. Do you think it adds a special look to the first person?

-Luigi Rapetta
                            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I was wondering something. So do you want to make the weapon more bio-launcher, or more bio-rifle?

imho I like the new bio-launcher and it should be the default #3 weapon by now, while the old bio-rifle should be a mutator.
                              Check out my work!
                              | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                              | Localization

Comment

Originally posted by InVader View Post
                                imho I like the new bio-launcher and it should be the default #3 weapon by now, while the old bio-rifle should be a mutator.
                                I actually think they should be placed in different maps, or both in strategic places of a single map, making them both available in different circumstances without using a specific mutator (do you remember the Chainsaw in UT99???).
                                By the way, I'm designing the Bio Rifle itself, even though you inspired me on something: what about using the grev. field technologies/mechanics in something similar to an actual granade launcher (I'm obviously referring to the Bio Launcher)?

-Luigi Rapetta
                                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                                X