Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Bio Rifle (Hybrid Design)

MESH PROGRESS (07/23/2016)

Hello, guys and gals! Here you are the latest updates.

I modeled the canister, which is now inserted into the holder. It features a glass window which will show the goo when I'll add it.
    I modified the handle, featuring new details and materials. About materials: do you think they're too dark in the handle?
    I also tweaked the materials of the pistons.

Now, I'd like to ask you something about the future of this model. Kazeo is doing a brilliant job with his BioRifle which will be featured in the game. Many people are telling me to work on this model just for my portfolio or at least for a publication on the UT marketplace. Before accepting these solutions I'd like to know if this model could be used for a weapon variant. I mean: not necessarily for the NanoBlackRifle or for the BioLauncher. As a matter of fact I have some ideas for a weapon variant that fits this model. What do you think I should do?

FIRST PERSON:

Spoiler

THIRD PERSON:

Spoiler

SIDE:

Spoiler

BOTTOM:

Spoiler

UPDATE 6 (01/24/2016)

Today I finally post here the sixth concept art. Your feedback was useful during the design process.
    I'm trying to follow the direction which I told you. This one is currently a prototype, so there isn't nothing of official and the "old Sci-Fi" isn't completely there. I could tell you that I was inspired by my fifth concept: this one is a sort of improvement of that design. I used round lines as well as adding industrial features.

Spoiler

COMMENTED VERSION:

Spoiler

About the feedback, I want to ask you some questions:

• Is this design sheet overdetailed?
    • Is the upper slide too Organic?
    • Is this as good as the fifth concept?
    • Are the mechanics of the weapon possible in real life?
    • Is the style which I used incongruent?
    • Is its silhouette similar to UT3 BioRifle's?
    • Ist the canister not well designed? Should I replace the dissipator with the canister?

So, what do you think? Is it bad or nice? What may I improve?

ORIGINAL POST (11/12/2015)

Hello to everyone!

This is my first thread I've ever posted, woah !!! However, this morning I noticed the lack of Bio Rifle prototypes and concept arts. Since the situation is like I think it is, I would like to share my own concept of the Bio Rifle (paper and pencils). My aim is to blend the bow/crossbow style of the UT3 Bio Rifle with the classic pipe design that we can see in the other Unreal games, adding more Sci-Fi and industrial content/references. I have to say that this concept is a sort of draft, due to the lack of interesting industrial features (pistons, for example). I'll update it if someone shows some feedback.

I also elaborated a new fire mode (or combo). For more details, everything is shown below.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, I cannot work on a 3D model for it: I don't have the skills for now.
    So, what do you think about it? Any issues?
    Anyway, THANKS for the attention!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rapfamily4; 07-23-2016, 10:58 AM. Reason: Update and Grammar

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

It have three or two amrs ? The drawing show two, but if you took inspiration from valve game's micro gravitation technologies, it probably have three, but four could make it more ut3ish.

Bonus : the three weapons that uses this technologie in valve's lore

Gravity gun : http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...?itok=nH7gABlW

Super gravity gun : http://www.volpinprops.com/wp-conten...7/DSC_0174.jpg

Portal gun : http://www.macgamerhq.com/wp-content...gameplay-9.jpg

Comment

It has got two arms. I know: it looks like the HL2 gravity gun and the Portal Gun... do you think this could be an issue?

I could modify something to make it more unique in the future.
      Last edited by rapfamily4; 11-12-2015, 06:49 AM.

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I think you can make 6 variants, and then let us see what's better :

This one, the original.

A two armed one, but on the sides, instead of top and botom.

The three arm one like valve's ones.

A four arms one with arms placed like a + (something new).

A four arms one with arms placed like a X (ut3 like).

This one is how I imagined the one from ut99 working when I was younger, having a fast spinning barrel instead of arms, something like an electro magnet (I don't know why I thinked that, looking at it, it just look like a tub shooting with a piston or pressured air...), thx 2001 space odyssey ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egqeCn9JS4A ), thx half life 1 gauss gun/tau cannon. ( http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1...ease12_001.jpg )

The handle look a bit too complicated.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll consider them for the other variants that I'm designing right now.

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Trying to find way to improove your design, I came to a point where I had so many ideas, I made my own design, wanna see ? Mine is a way more military design, looking like a mix of ut99's and ut2's biorifle with a bullpup pdw and pocket shotgun.

Comment

Yes goo shaping claws just what I want to see.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the feedback! :3

If you want you can share your design, Shkikri.

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Anyway, I'm designing this weapon following the scheme that I found somewhere in this forum.

This could help you.
                  Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                  (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                    Anyway, I'm designing this weapon following the scheme that I found somewhere in this forum.

This could help you.
                    Minigun isn't included, I would personally put it into military
                    Also possibly a superweapon(s) that somehow incorporate all of the types in their possible multiple forms

Comment

There is the lightning gun that can fit here, there is one that look's amazing, it's very sniperish and look very tactical, but it also kinda look like a train catenary, since it shoot's lightning, it's sci fi, I'd love if this gung get in the game as a croud control variant of the sniper, could be interesting in assault or ctf.

I'm not posting my design yet because I'm not fully satisfied with what I did, I think I can improve on some parts, Like I said, mine turned to be sci-fi/military, kinda like the link gun.

PS : I finally posted it, give me your opinion : https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...itary-style%29
                      Last edited by Shkikri; 11-14-2015, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Here you are three variants of the same weapon.
                        These 3 patterns are different from each other:

1. Both Sci-Fi and Industrial design, with "lobster-like" design features (2 vertical arms);
                        2. Mostly industrial design, with many references of that style, including sharp lines (3 arms, maybe too similar to the HL2 Gravity Gun and the UT4 Link Gun);
                        3. Sci-Fi design, with round lines and classy decals (2 horizontal arms - crossbow style).

(http://oi63.tinypic.com/rteyv5.jpg)

What's the best one for you?
                        Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post

This could help you.

Less symmetrical, but more accurate version:
                          Attached Files
                          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

2 and 3 are awesome.

Comment

Thanks! I'm actually a "fan" of the third design: I like the crossbow style that we could give to the Bio Rifle!

However, any suggestions?
                              Last edited by rapfamily4; 11-16-2015, 01:13 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                              X