No announcement yet.

Bio Rifle: (millitary style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Bio Rifle: (millitary style)

I was inspired by rapfamily4, I know it's not visible but, it is. I'm not fully sitisfied with the electro magnet shape...

The way it work :

It is a bullpup weapon, meaning it has it's ammos in the stock, it's ammo are it's traditional tarydium wastes, AKA, G.E.S, in a metalic canister, the canister have little windows all around it to see if it's empty or not, it have a plug mechanism to keep it full, no need to remove it, it clips inside the stock of the weapon, witch opens it, and let the weapon shoot goo from it, the stock is foldable for transport, you have an eject bouton you have to press to eject the can, closing the can in the process for user's safety, you have a charge metter, it's a digital screen with bars filling up to show how much slime is actually in the electro magnet, colecting the tarydium and forming the blob you can then shoot, the electro magnet is an attachement and isn't needed to shoot in fully automatic, but is what make you able to make charged shots, the barrel ends where the grip start, you have a normal firearm frigger, to shoot, and a thomb button acting as a second trigger to make the barrel spin, the sigth is also the carrying handle of the weapon, to prevent accident and further improove the uther's safety, the weapon has a grip safety.

How to opperate this weapon :

This weapon shoot G.E.S, it is an highly corosive and toxic material, use it safely, and smartly, keep yourself away from the goo, or you will end up with sever wounds and burns.

You start by charging the weapon, you thake the canister, and clip the plug on the tube inside stock, you will hear a little click, it means the plug oppened and the weapon cocked, you are now ready to shoot. If you are not in a hurry and need to save your life right now, unfold the stock, screw the ellectro magnet on the barrel and clip the pins. The trigger make G.E.S go throught the barel, the weapon is fully automatic, but the trigger have two position, first click, semi automatic, second click, automatic, the thomb bouton on it's side collect G.E.S and form blobs, these are deadly, and can be dangerous to shout at point blank for it's user, the charge meter show you how much G.E.S is in the electro magnet and control the desactivation of the trigger, older model could overcharge and it killed the user 98.76 of the time.

Halfly click the trigger, shoot little blob.

Fully click the trigger, shoot drops until you realise the trigger or empty the canister.

Click the thomb bouton, start to spin the electro magnet to collect G.E.S in it and realise to shoot the blob, and then, you can use the trigger to full the electro magnet, full charge meter, fatal blob.

My inspiration :

rapfamily4's version

ut2 sight/carrying handle

fmg9 general shape

bullpup weapons

ut99 body/chargemeter

millitary shotguns, assault rifles, smgs

colt 1911 trigger

five seven grip

quake 2 hypper blaster

unreal canisters

ut3 canister on the back idea

splatoon splattershot paint canister

bluray readers eject buton

sniper things on top of the stock (what is this for ?)
    make it even more millitary and give it things like rails
    8.00%
    make it more high techy, too contemporary design
    28.00%
    make it more pointy
    8.00%
    make it more pointy
    4.00%
    make more cartoony, it's too serious right now
    10.00%
    color it, we'll have a better idea of what direction to go
    20.00%
    remove some safeties, it's supposed to be unreal, not how to don't kill yourself with your guns
    18.00%
    keep it like it is, I like it
    4.00%

Hmm, it would have been better if you had added more Sci-Fi content. It looks too much a real-life gun, in my opinion. Try to design a more futuristic rifle: it will fit better with the Unreal universe!

Anyway, the canister in the stock is a good idea!

PS: If you can do it, it's better if you use A4 blank sheets, next time.

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Old industrial sci fi

Comment

Thx for the advices, I want to keep a millitary style to the weapon and I don't really know what part to change. Where should I focus ? What shape should I prioritise ?

I showed it to a friend, he said me it looked very nice, he liked it, but he also said he recognized the ut99 bio rifle, but it looked more like a Fallout weapon than an Unreal weapon.

rapfamily4, I use A4 checkered sheets, mostly because I'm not that good at drawing, I'm still learning right now, I tryed to use blank sheet, when I draw characters in a scenne stuff like that, it works, but when I start doing precise work like this or character design, you see my limits very fast.

mastrok, what do you mean exactly by "Old industrial sci fi" ?

Comment

My suggestion for modern military inspiration for the Bio Rifle would be a grenade launcher like this:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Short and stubby, the kind of thing you see a guy in an action movie wielding from the hip.
          Attached Files
          Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Ehy, I was thinking the same thing. What a coincidence! xD

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

I don't really get what you say, I'll try to draw a bullpup grenade launcher to get an idea of how it looks, on the other side, there is no reason to have a bigger body, since the canister is in the stock.

For coloring... I'm very bad at coloring, can someone provide some help ?

I also was thinking to a weapon mutator, turning the bio rifle in it's bio smg form, folded stock and naked barrel (no electro magnet) with a more enforcer like firing style. What do you think ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shkikri View Post
                I also was thinking to a weapon mutator, turning the bio rifle in it's bio smg form, folded stock and naked barrel (no electro magnet) with a more enforcer like firing style. What do you think ?
                This seems cool, but we need a concept of it to get a better idea of it.

PS: I actually don't know how I can help you in coloring.

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

This is an interesting approach. For Unreal Championship 2 we made a "canister gun" and you could swap out between grenades and bio canisters. It is similar to the above reference image. I agree that might be a good place to get inspiration. Here's the concept for the UC2 weapon.

Attached Files
                  Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                  Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                  Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Thx, I'll see what I can do, I didn't do anything since some times, I had to take a break of internet and drawing with what happened at Paris. I'll get back on the train this week...

Comment

I find the concept not bad for the new Bio Rifle barrel and stock need new versions of the center, I find that good where the grenades in the cannister Gun were should the purely organic ammunition
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Frostbite83; 11-21-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Didn't had a lot of time, I cam with an alternat ammo idea, the Blitz Medic' regenerative gel, this one is blue and kinda look like soda with little sparks inside (if it gets in and that health vial change apearance, this one will change to stay in theme with the other health related items), it's for team based game modes, like assault, etc, you shoot on team mates, it heal them and you if you manage to take drops flying from their faces (or you can just put it on the ground in run in it), ennemies can also be healed, be carefull.

What do you think ?

Comment

So 2 types of ammunition for the Bio Rifle?

Comment

I like this idea yemyam, a grenade that bounces and then explodes green goo. Like quake grenade launcher but explosion is green goo. For secondary I have 0 ideas :/

Comment

Secondary a Heal Function

Comment

Working...
                              X