A new bio rifle concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Interesting concept, don't worry, we all three alraidy kinda work hand in hand and would love to get two extra 7th and 8th hands.

Join the BIO TEAM !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the wires look a bit weird. I'd suggest making them a lot wider/thicker and leading them very closely next to the body of the gun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting start. Adopting the very alien like nature of some of the previous bios. Lots of room for cool particle & material FX. Look forward to seeing progress on this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AccualyIsDolan View Post
    Hi everyone.

Some time ago I decided to take a crack at making a bio rifle concept. I wanted to work together some of my favorite features from the bio rifles in the last few games; there's the rotating magazine of sludge canisters from UC2, the finger-like plungers at the end of the canisters from UT3, the reinforced glass barrel from UT1 (or 2k3, or 2k4.) I also wanted it to have some nice smooth curves, something like the link gun from UT3.

I started this model in Solidworks so I could make use of a construction history and parametric modeling techniques. It turns out that Solidworks is great for drawing engineered parts and modifying them, but it gets really ornery with my attempts to draw freeform surfaces.

Please consider these images as blocked-out concepts; features may well change shape or appearance, and there's still lots of detail to be added.

Autodesk Inventor is a competitor to Solidworks and not that hard to use for a Solidworks user.
    Grab a 30 day trial and see how you go with modeling surfaces. I've found it a lot easier to do.

If you still having trouble, grab a trial of Autodesk Alias Studio. I've played with it a bit and you can easily pull the surfaces forward to Inventor.

Disclaimer: ex Autodesk Reseller

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice work, I'm interested on it.
    I and two other people are working on some Bio Rifle concept, and YemYam told us that we need to find a way to show how charged the weapon is in both 1st and 3rd person. The features that we have to show in third person are the most challenging to find and/or to design. We should also avoid the big floating blob of the UT3 Bio Rifle and find different and unique mechanics. If you want to take a look at the thread where YemYam told us those things, here you are the link: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post212587

These are the links of the other threads:
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...llitary-style)
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-it-some-love!

I'll wait for updates.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like the mechanics you have their (rotary alignment of chambers), this is the kind of thing I like to see, experimenting with those unique ways for this to function and animate.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [CONCEPT ART] A new bio rifle concept

A new bio rifle concept

Hi everyone.

Some time ago I decided to take a crack at making a bio rifle concept. I wanted to work together some of my favorite features from the bio rifles in the last few games; there's the rotating magazine of sludge canisters from UC2, the finger-like plungers at the end of the canisters from UT3, the reinforced glass barrel from UT1 (or 2k3, or 2k4.) I also wanted it to have some nice smooth curves, something like the link gun from UT3.

I started this model in Solidworks so I could make use of a construction history and parametric modeling techniques. It turns out that Solidworks is great for drawing engineered parts and modifying them, but it gets really ornery with my attempts to draw freeform surfaces.

Please consider these images as blocked-out concepts; features may well change shape or appearance, and there's still lots of detail to be added.

Attached Files
Working...
X