Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enforcer Pareidolia - Pareidolia / Based off GPR-021 Toner Cartridge ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Enforcer Pareidolia - Pareidolia / Based off GPR-021 Toner Cartridge ;)

I believe this is still classed as Concept Art, even though I've just roughly red-lined an image. I've "drawn" on inspiration from my surroundings...

Image is low quality as this is the highest image I could find at the angle I wanted.

All these mockups are using a combination of Paint.net and PDF X-Change Viewer.

Back story
    In 2009, I was changing a Photocopier toner, when I noticed that the GPR-021 cartridge looked like a futuristic pump action shotgun.
    The slide action actually worked the same too!

Pareidolia: The perception of a recognizable image or meaningful pattern where none exists or is intended, as the perception of a face in the surface features of the moon.

A photo was taken of me holding it like a shotgun If I find it, I'll post it.

If any modeller wants to have a go at modelling it up, by all means, otherwise it'll just go on my bucket list.

Mockup #1

Mockup #2
    Shortened the barrel length and moved the grip right to the back instead of having a stock.

Mockup#3
    Which was inspired by @exo7341 feedback that Mockup#1 remind them of the Kurd Handgun.
    Grip has been moved further forward to match Kurd Gun

Here are some other photos for perspective:
    [screenshot]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7197Dl4g87L._SX522_.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://cdn3.volusion.com/mgttd.cropm/v/vspfiles/photos/CCGPR21VB-2.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/432096334/-TCC-4080-color-toner-cartridge-for-Canon-irc4080-irc-4080-4080i-4580-4580i-GPR-21.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00LnoTutYzVfcZ/Gpr-20-21-Npg31-C-Exv17-Color-Toner-for-Use-Incanon-Irc4080-Irc4580-Irc5080-Irc5185-Clc4040.jpg[/screenshot]

For other angles of the cartridge, just do an image search: https://www.google.com.au/search?tbm...q=GPR-21+toner

EDIT5: Cleaned up formatting of top post
    EDIT4: Software used
    EDIT3: Add Mockup#3
    EDIT2: Add Mockup#2
    EDIT1: Add text to Mockup#1 image
    Last edited by richardboegli; 03-03-2016, 08:34 AM. Reason: EDIT5
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

First of your pictures kinda reminded me of Kard handgun:
    Attached Files
    - got sig? -

Comment

Shortened the barrel length and moved the grip right to the back instead of having a stock.
      Mockup #2

Comment

Originally posted by exo7341 View Post
        Nice!

I've just added Mockup#2, I might move the grip further forward to match this (Kard handgun) for Mockup#3

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
          Nice!

I've just added Mockup#2, I might move the grip further forward to match this (Kard handgun) for Mockup#3
          [MENTION=258989]exo7341[/MENTION]: after doing some image searches for Kard Handgun, it looks like it was actually used in Ghost Recon:

Comment

Nice!

Added Mockup#3 which was inspired by [MENTION=258989]exo7341[/MENTION] feedback that Mockup#1 remind them of the Kurd Handgun.

Comment

@exo7341: after doing some image searches for Kard Handgun, it looks like it was actually used in Ghost Recon:

Yea, and also served as an inspiration for some Black Ops 2 pistol:
              Attached Files
              - got sig? -

Comment

Added Mockup#3 which was inspired by @exo7341 feedback that Mockup#1 remind them of the Kurd Handgun.

After seeing Mockup#3 my brother suggested that instead of this being a model for the Enforcer it could be its own gun, a sawed-off shotgun which could replace the enforcer.

Given that Taye actually has shotgun shells in his Bandolier, this could work
                [screenshot]https://cdn2.unrealengine.com/UnrealTournament/Items/Taye_ThundercrashT-658x1088-1146605697.png[/screenshot]
                Last edited by richardboegli; 03-03-2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Top Post edit

EDIT5: Cleaned up formatting of top post
                  EDIT4: Software used

Comment

Yea, and also served as an inspiration for some Black Ops 2 pistol:
                    Nice! It's funny how the future is becoming more block like, even though we have the technology to do curves

Comment

[MENTION=9771]YemYam[/MENTION], any thoughts before I start modelling this up?

Thanks.

Comment

It's fun, but, when I look at this picture :

It just seems the ink cartridge comes with it's own tactical flash light...

If I had to add something, I think a deadgle style slide could be nice on this design, taking this as a short shotgun, it could be where to put the shells, and then **** the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by Shkikri View Post
                          It's fun, but, when I look at this picture :

It just seems the ink cartridge comes with it's own tactical flash light...
                          Yep

Why I think it would be nicer as shotgun, but we ain't going to get one in UT4, which is why I morphed it into a Enforcer.

Originally posted by Shkikri View Post
                          If I had to add something, I think a deadgle style slide could be nice on this design, taking this as a short shotgun, it could be where to put the shells, and then **** the pump.

I like that idea.

Comment

This is the strangest thread. Keep it up XD

Comment

Perhaps UTS-15 is closest to that cartrige look-wise:

Also, Fabarm makes some cool-looking shotguns:

Spoiler
                              Attached Files
                              - got sig? -

Comment

Working...
                              X