Gooba's Weapon Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Gooba's Weapon Designs

Figured I should throw this up here, even though making concepts at this stage might be futile as not many decision have been made yet.

I will probably go through all of the weapons and just keep em in this thread. Cheers!

Rocket Launcher
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rocketlauncher2.png
Views:	2
Size:	728.4 KB
ID:	352468
    Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Hey great job! I really like that design. It looks familiar but different at the same time. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Comment

Very nice, I like your Rocket Launcher!
      Although it lacks an ammo pack yet (should it be on the other side it would be good to draw another perspective).
      S l y .

Comment

Wow, nice work! Thats how I picture the style of weapons for the upcoming UT. The RL looks powerful, yet not too big/fat or comic like. I'd really like to see diferent angles.

For my taste the weapon only lacks a display of your current ammo amount

Keep your concepts for other weapons coming aswell!

Comment

That's boss.
          Sound designer, composer, flash game dev, and Unreal mapper. My Soundcloud. My games.

Comment

Awesome concept, good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
              Very nice, I like your Rocket Launcher!
              Although it lacks an ammo pack yet (should it be on the other side it would be good to draw another perspective).
              Maybe they could stack like the pencil and their stack able lead. Reloads can come from the rear of the barrels or be stacked from the front.
              a.k.a Gunner77

Comment

Wow ! I realy love your concept ! But UT is a First Person Game, so always imagine your weapon for a first person view ^^.
                Ludwig Dresch - Hard Surface & Environment Artist
                Here is my portfolio : www.ludwigdresch.com

Comment

like it, great combination of ut2k4 and ut3 style

Comment

I just realized that the model can't possibly rotate as it is right now. :x
                    Could you maybe keep its design but add movable barrels to it? So far every UT and Unreal 1 had multi-barrel rocket launchers where the front part rotated when shooting or loading, it's what made it unique compared to (for example) Quake. Add that feature and it's near perfect I'd say (I also advise to draw its' ingame perspective view next)!
                    S l y .

Comment

Looks really great. But it needs to rotate, as previsoulsy mentioned.

Comment

Wow! I really like the minimalism and aerodynamics of this. Also I love that it's recognisable.
                        To add a rotation barrel, as mentioned above, would be good.

This sketch has some nice fresh touch to it.
                        Something minimalistic but amazingly appealing.

Reminds me of Planetary Annihilation.
                        That game could be a very nice inspiration for an overall graphics style.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PA_040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	328573

Comment

What do the glowy bits do?

Aside from glow, I mean.

Comment

A few things, but mostly they draw your eye towards the end of the gun, and would make it recognizable from the other weapons. I also figured they could signify when the player is loading rockets into the barrels. The bits near the grip could be the ammo readouts.

Yeah, I designed it mostly for this thread https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...visual-clarity I will have to update it to make it more technically capable. Thanks!
                            Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

4 things to say:
                              - rotating barrel
                              - ammo pack
                              - as cool is central element, i don't have a clue what it is for
                              - awesome.
                              Unofficial Enforcer Model
                              Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Working...
                              X