No announcement yet.

Combine enforcer and hammer ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Combine enforcer and hammer ?

Just a thought: combine the enforcer and the hammer together

I had a couple hours to kill and the will to improve my animation skills... With the two guns combined come a few nice advantages:

1. Directional hammer (nice physics on enemies)
    2. Double hammer!
    3. No weapon switch when no more ammo in the enforcer
    4. New possibilities to combine both firing modes
    5. A ****ingly powerful enforcer that smashes anything that can bleed!
    6. Extra weapon slot for the reaper to come back? (Just saying)

So... you guys might want to flame in the posts below this: please do
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

"Hamforcer! Better than instagib"

I liked!

Comment

Uh, this is not a bad thought!

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Hamforcer sounds pretty hilarious and awesome, it's a nice departure from the slightly too serious vibe the game gives.

The idea itself is cool and worth pursuing, I can't think of any big downsides
        Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

"Its Hamforcer time!"

AWESOME! Love the idea!

As this has been accepted: Remove fixed size limitation from FiringStates by wail
          Note: You need UT4 github access to see the above link.

It would actually be possible to maintain all four states on the weapon at once, without a weapon switch required.
          Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
            It would actually be possible to maintain all four states on the weapon at once, without a weapon switch required.
            The Magnetic Shield could be fired pressing the left mouse button while the charge is still in progress (right mouse button).

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by Skaary View Post
              "Hamforcer! Better than instagib"

I liked!
              Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
              Uh, this is not a bad thought!
              Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
              Hamforcer sounds pretty hilarious and awesome, it's a nice departure from the slightly too serious vibe the game gives.

The idea itself is cool and worth pursuing, I can't think of any big downsides
              Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
              "Its Hamforcer time!"

AWESOME! Love the idea!
              "Hamforcer", that will do! hahaha. Nice to see that the concept resonates with you guys, just waiting to get more feedback and if it's still good, I will start to work more on this concept to refine it
              RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I like this idea very much!

Don’t know if you are going to allow for dual pistol mode but it would be ridiculously awesome if you can charge both pistons and unleash them at the same time like a defibrillator (minus the electric shock).
                I imagine bots screaming: Here... let me revive you!!!

Making room for the reaper or another weapon? Even better!

Having a gamemode/mutator dedicated to Hamforcer? That's the best thing!
                Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
                Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

It's not Reaper. It's Ripper. It shoots razor blades. Sorry to be that guy, but it's some new thing that's springing up on these forums with people calling it the reaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Laokin View Post
                    It's not Reaper. It's Ripper. It shoots razor blades. Sorry to be that guy, but it's some new thing that's springing up on these forums with people calling it the reaper.
                    It's OK to be that guy, but you also have to comment on the current thread. Otherwise it's just pointless to post here...
                    RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

This is a great idea. I am not keen on excessive weapon switching, especially with what is IMO a high switch time.
                      Last edited by Crafty; 03-10-2016, 05:11 AM.
                      C++: Spray prototype | Compilation Tweaks | Maps: Quayside (inactive)

Comment

Yea, I like this too. It's definitely worth a try at least.

Off topic. Speaking of hybrid weapons. Imagine trident rocket launcher that shoots flak's shards (I mean you can shoot regular load OR load up to 3x charge).
                        - got sig? -

Comment

As far as functionality goes, I wholeheartedly support this.

As for animation I'd rather have the pistol transform into a glove or something that encompasses your lower arm, because right now it looks veeeery silly. A small pistol detonating a force like that... it would fly right out of your hand, into your face.
                          Check out my work!
                          | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                          | Localization

Comment

Originally posted by InVader View Post
                            As far as functionality goes, I wholeheartedly support this.

As for animation I'd rather have the pistol transform into a glove or something that encompasses your lower arm, because right now it looks veeeery silly. A small pistol detonating a force like that... it would fly right out of your hand, into your face.
                            For sure, I just created in 5 minutes a shape that looks like an enforcer with a hammer that replaces the cutlass to illustrate the concept. If done right, the recoil should go straight backward (not toward the top). Also the gun should have a larger hammer and a system to activate it and make it plausible enough while remaining "unreal" (wrist attach?).

I only present a raw concept in here and I figured that using a known enforcer model would help understand the concept. It's a challenge to keep the signature look of an enforcer while adding the hammer to it. It will need more work, I'll come up with a couple ideas for the design this week-end hopefully
                            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Ha! Neat idea

Comment

Working...
                              X