This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster128 View Post
    Amazing work @KazeoHin-TechAE !! I wanted to ask- how did you go about making the glass for the bio rifle?! Asking for my own project.

Did you use a seperate material altogether, and seperate UVs, or did you do something with combining materials and using the same UV set? Also, did you use a cubemap or anything for the glass, or was it just feeding opacity, roughness, albedo, et al straight varaibles, or what?

End result looks amazing, can't wait to see this in game!
    Rooster, I sent you a very important message, just to let you know. I think you might want to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster128 View Post
      Amazing work @KazeoHin-TechAE !! I wanted to ask- how did you go about making the glass for the bio rifle?! Asking for my own project.

Did you use a seperate material altogether, and seperate UVs, or did you do something with combining materials and using the same UV set? Also, did you use a cubemap or anything for the glass, or was it just feeding opacity, roughness, albedo, et al straight varaibles, or what?

End result looks amazing, can't wait to see this in game!
      Hey there! I don't have time to get into a tutorial with pictures and whatnot, but the glass material on the main chamber was created using multiple 'scene texture' nodes blended together. The UVs for the scene texture nodes were distorted by adding a basic RGB noise texture generated in photoshop. Using a high density noise texture gives off the illusion of a 'hazy' or 'foggy' surface, similar to frosted glass. This works especially well if you make sure the texture filtering for the noise texture is disabled.

Comment

I do like the model too, though I would like to see some counter and an analog pressure gauge on it and probably some moving parts

Comment

Anything new on the Bio-rifle? Marvelous final design!

Comment

The Bio Rifle model by Kazeo is going to be the official one. The developer team stated this few months ago, and the fact it's not currently in the game could be linked to its animations. New builds are providing new cool animations, and the developers could add the model when its animations will be finished. Imagine if they added the model with unfinished animations: they would have to do it again, which is a double work.

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Aha and this gives them the reason to deny us the cool weapon?

Comment

If you've ever seen enough pre-release footage of games (there's a ton of stuff from the UE1 era games gathered by people like Leo TCK and Victor Delacroix) then you'll know that an unfinished cool weapon is not a cool weapon. Missing or incomplete animations and ****** materials will often be there.
                The new UT is coming along nicely...
                Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Hey guys, Don't you worry. This is getting implemented: I assure you, some things take a bit of time.

Comment

What has Kazeo been up to lately?

Comment

Hey KazeoHin your Bio Rifle Model is in the new build an verry cool

Comment

How is this not official?

Comment

It is now!

Comment

I meant as in the forums, not in the actual game

Comment

Originally posted by HereticGrunt View Post
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRp-cmOB-0

-Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by HereticGrunt View Post
                                And as if by magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X