This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Bio Rifle - IN PROGRESS

Hey guys. I had an uncontrollable urge to open up Maya and start modelling a weapon. I've been having a ton of fun making characters recently, but I've been in a bit of a rut, I think this little side project is already helping me get out of it. I've just designed the Barrel at this point, but I've included a 5 minute paintover of what my 'goal' is. Please feel free to tear this apart and let me know what you want out of this project!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

OOooohhh it's so purty!
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

I remembered this..
      Attached Files

Comment

Good start ...but I would suggest to go a little bit more crazy* with the design. It looks right now too earth technology based.

*I can't explain it, right now. I'll search for references.
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Sweet start Kazeo! Knowing how much love and attention to detail you gave the Flak I'm sure this weapon will be amazing! The biggest thing I'd like to see is how you might incorporate functionality from the new bio nade launcher in addition to the old school functionality. Awesome start.
          Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
          Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
          Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Good to see you working on sweet things for UT again !

So you rather want to go for an industrial look for the Bio right ?
            Does the little strap on the cannon have a purpose or is it just for fashion ? And will the cannon move when you fire (like retract or something) ? If yes, then the strap might be a hindrance.
            The cartridges on the far back seems a little unpractical, both for recharging and for aiming. Maybe you should move a little closer to the front or find a better spot.
            Also will the gun have a syringe/pump like system in the inside like the older version of the gun ? (more precisely I would like to know if it will be visible on the part with glass)

Aside from taht I'll wait for more details before bothering you with more questions and thoughts.

Comment

Sorry to deface your concept but I think it'd be cool to have a rotating barrel which contains grenades, similar to the 2k4 assault rifle, just to make the gun feel a bit more like a multi purpose weapon:

:|

Comment

Neat! I like the wires pumping ooze. A couple of things tho:

1, why is there a plastic tie at on the barrel?

2, what's holding the big "glob" when you hold in right click?

3, is there anything to hold on to with your left hand?

4, how would a user distinguish between wanting to fire a big glob, small glob, a globnade, mini globs?

5, Is it meant to be fired from the hip, or the shoulder? If the former, that back end look like it'd be hard to manuever. If the latter, then where's the ironsights?

6, bio-nade functionality.

Also, is that a paddel or a trigger for the.. well, the trigger?

Hope to see it soon!

Comment

great start, but I'd love to see some bionic elements on this gun. Like a pumping organ or sth like that. Sth "living".

Comment

****! Finally. After the flak i was bummed that you didn't do at least one more
                    work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I will not lie I actually kind of like this design. Putting the goo back more towards the front of the gun is a great idea and I kind of like that it looks hamfisted together with that clasp around the barrel. Good job!
                      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Liking the progress so far a lot.

I will say I'm not totally sold on the design, it's hard to reconcile in my head how the big charged gloop shot will come out of a nozzle/barrel that seems much smaller. Perhaps the bore of the barrel could somehow increase with the scale of the shot? I'm not sure how exactly that would work, but perhaps not dissimilar to a camera aperture or something like that.

Comment

Nice so far Paul but come on mate XAN!!!!!
                          Join the community Facebook page
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                            Nice so far Paul but come on mate XAN!!!!!
                            Code187 is alive!!! Update your maps man :P

Comment

liking the slender look of this, the old bio always makes me think about what chris perna mentioned about the old flak, ie running around with some flower that seems too enlarged at the end, i think hes right about that affecting your immersion into the game...really enjoyed watching the flak take shape cant wait to see where this goes
                              https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

Working...
                              X