No announcement yet.

Impact Hammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great job! Fits great with the game and it looks super functional. Love it!
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

This is awesome!! I agree with Rick, just to make the front pads a little flatter and chunkier, but everything else looks perfect. Great job!

Comment

Fantastic work [MENTION=274059]eightball_[/MENTION] Is this a 3d Model? I would love to see some work flow for this concept. It would really help understand how you created it!
        Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Wow eightball so much praise from Epic Games is perhaps your version of percussion hammer the new version in UT

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the warm response. Really honored that the Epic guys like it as well. Will try to incorporate the feedback in future iterations, including making the front flatter and more hammer-like.

@Megasporwic This is not a 3d model, just a 2d concept painting but please feel free to model and iterate upon it. Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

Comment

Has anyone started modeling this? I'd like to throw my hat in the ring if that's cool. Maybe you could sketch up a quick side view and I could get to work?
              Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
              Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Just wanted to share a rough concept of how you might consider the alteration fire mechanism for this concept. I hope this helps give ideas. 3 views so you may see it fully.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4bf15isor...ncept.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hud542dubn..._back.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yegk1s5ip...front.mov?dl=0

Comment

I did a bit of blocking out on this thing:

I think you may be onto something with that animation Sigmafie.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I did some more refining. One thing I noticed in the concept was there is an extra piston on the right side of the weapon. I was going to do that and wound up mirroring it. I thought that looked pretty good so I left it. Let me know what you think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	345480Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_06.jpg
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	345481Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_07.jpg
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	345482Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_08.jpg
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	345483

Comment

Nice work Sigma and TSK! I'd really love to see this come together.
                      Stacey Conley
                      -----------------------------
                      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                      Epic Games, Inc.
                      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                        Nice work Sigma and TSK! I'd really love to see this come together.
                        Thanks! I think Sigma's animation could be a good jumping off point as well. I'm looking for some input from eightball_ on what to do with the bottom.

I've got few ideas but I'd like your input:

Name:	Hamma_09.jpg
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	345487Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_10.jpg
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	345488Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_11.jpg
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	345489

Comment

Hey Tsk, really good start. I am not a fan of the double pistons as it gets rid of the negative shapes in the silhouette and looks redundant. I kind of had the piston shapes and position pretty much like the UT3 hammer for safety's sake. Will do a paintover when I get the time. Hold off on the pistons for now but the rest looks great. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Love the clean treatment of the shapes.

Comment

Originally posted by eightball_ View Post
                            Hey Tsk, really good start. I am not a fan of the double pistons as it gets rid of the negative shapes in the silhouette and looks redundant. I kind of had the piston shapes and position pretty much like the UT3 hammer for safety's sake. Will do a paintover when I get the time. Hold off on the pistons for now but the rest looks great. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Love the clean treatment of the shapes.
                            Cool man nothing is sacred at this point so don't spare my feelings if you see something you don't like. Its really easy for me to move things around right now so if there are any configurations you'd like to test out I'm game also. One question, is there supposed to be two pistons on one side and not the other? It looks pretty decent either way in my opinion.

Oh and by the way, I was looking at pictures of jackhammers for inspiration and I'm pretty sure you were doing the same lol.

Here is a top and side view with on set of pistons, Just so you know I hate what I have around the bottom of the weapon. I realized I ruined the silhouette I just hadn't gotten around to removing those parts so tear it up lol.

Name:	Hamma_14.jpg
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	345496Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_15.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	345497
                            Last edited by thatscrawnyki; 05-10-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

I love this start. Anyway, I think you should make larger the horizontal handle: it looks disproportionate comparing it with the grip.

-Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                              Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
                                Cool man nothing is sacred at this point so don't spare my feelings if you see something you don't like. Its really easy for me to move things around right now so if there are any configurations you'd like to test out I'm game also. One question, is there supposed to be two pistons on one side and not the other? It looks pretty decent either way in my opinion.

Oh and by the way, I was looking at pictures of jackhammers for inspiration and I'm pretty sure you were doing the same lol.

Here is a top and side view with on set of pistons, Just so you know I hate what I have around the bottom of the weapon. I realized I ruined the silhouette I just hadn't gotten around to removing those parts so tear it up lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29018[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29019[/ATTACH]
                                I would echo eightball_'s criticism of the double piston. As much as I would like to see a double piston on one side to increase visual complexity (and asymmetry), I do not think it fits this weapon well.

One point that I want to bring attention to -- and someone correct me if I am wrong -- is whether this design feels too close to the flak cannon in its side and top silhouette. The overhand handle decreases this - but the double/triple piston and movement of the front of the weapon feels very close. Similarly, the placement of that bottom 45 degree angle cylinder extrusion is heavily reminiscent of the flak cannon from those same views. Perhaps I am overthinking it? A potential solution would be to rotate that cylinder to make the extrusion more pronounced in the top/down direction (rotate it ~15-20 degrees more, nearer perpendicular to the pistons/casing).
                                Last edited by Sigmafie; 05-10-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X