No announcement yet.

Impact Hammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man, I just wanted to drop by and say: that is ****in awesome. Been crunching really hard at work lately but will try to get you some front silhouette concepts in the next week or so. Keep up the great work man.

Comment

Originally posted by eightball_ View Post
      Hey man, I just wanted to drop by and say: that is ****in awesome. Been crunching really hard at work lately but will try to get you some front silhouette concepts in the next week or so. Keep up the great work man.
      Thanks dude! I work through the weekend so take your time. I've got plenty to work on here
      Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
      Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Originally posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
        Progress, progress, progress.

I'm pretty happy with how things are lining up with the concept. I'm calling the blockout for the main forms finished.

From here it will be filling in the detail gaps one piece at a time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29207[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29208[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29209[/ATTACH]
        I approve of this!

Comment

Great work, the shot tags dont do it justice

I thought I recognized the design though, its roughly based off a demolition hammer.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
          This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I notice the top handle sticks out abit, I would suggest moving it to be more sunken like the second image here so it rolls with the body and doesnt jut out, in FP with an arm there the smoother form will mean the arm is less in the way too (I hope).

I do wonder if the hammer had a nail mode :O

Thanks for the hard work everyone its great watching this stuff happen, its inspiring.
          Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

[MENTION=891]MonsOlympus[/MENTION]

I'm not super worried about that, for one the design is ambidextrous and most footage I've researched show's the right hand on the upper handle. Given that the top handle is responsible for guiding the tool it makes sense to use the strong hand there. If winds up being an issue its not a hard fix and your suggestions would be a good jumping off point there.

I haven't had as much time to work on this as I would have liked but I'm still making progress. I blocked out the front of the hammer, and did some refining. I'm pretty happy with how chunky and beefy things are, barring any major objections I'm going to move forward with all the nitty gritty stuff. Progress from here will be much slower and less fun to watch but I will continue picking away at each piece until its done.

Comment

Hey man, that's looking beautiful. Nothing much to say, just keep at it. Love the chunky feeling, looks functional but deadly.

Comment

Nice progress! I like the industrial vibe of this mesh. I'm only concerned about the fact the plates attached to the pistons are separated: in the UT3 concept, there was just one plate attached to all the pistons. Are you sure about this choice?

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                  Nice progress! I like the industrial vibe of this mesh. I'm only concerned about the fact the plates attached to the pistons are separated: in the UT3 concept, there was just one plate attached to all the pistons. Are you sure about this choice?
                  I think it looks awesome. Not sure about the choice but I feel like it provides more opportunities for animation, and gives a unique twist on this version of the Hammer.

Progress; details, details, and more details. I'm trying to get a feel for the balance of details, I'm looking the keep it sleek. I'm looking for about 30% detailed 70% not detailed. That way the eye can rest on the big large forms. So the first real detail pass is on the Side Pistons:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	345740Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamma_28.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	345741

Comment

What is this? Unreal Hardware Wars?! All jokes aside, Loving the progress so far thatscrawnyki. You have done an outstanding job on this so far (and are now in my list of 3D persons to aspire towards). Keep it up!

Also, curious, have you decided on an animation route to go for the alt? I assume the primary will be similar/same as UT3's hammer currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigmafie View Post
                      What is this? Unreal Hardware Wars?! All jokes aside, Loving the progress so far thatscrawnyki. You have done an outstanding job on this so far (and are now in my list of 3D persons to aspire towards). Keep it up!

Also, curious, have you decided on an animation route to go for the alt? I assume the primary will be similar/same as UT3's hammer currently is.
                      Thanks man that means a lot! As for the animation, I've left room for doing something like what you've suggested. However I've not worked out the logistics of that whole operation.

Part of me wants to hold off because its been said many times that the secondary fire of the Hammer is still up in the air. So I'd rather focus on parts of the design that for sure will not be changing. It would seem Epic has been pretty quiet about these sort of changes lately so I'm happy to push forward with the rest of the Hammer.

Comment

What's the purpose of the smaller hammer on the side which fits into the larger one?

Which reasons are there for it to be mirrored or not mirrored on the other side?

Does a tread pattern on an impacting surface make it more or less effective?
                        Dueling Flak Cannons
                        We see the shells falling
                        Together, we die

Comment

[MENTION=9859]thatscrawnyki[/MENTION] yeah its more in regards to the player anim than the weapon itself. When I see weapons like this they are held across body so one arm stretches but in real-life a person may hold it more center depending on what they are doing. You dont want to twist at the wrist (pretty important body part for powertools ) too much because it looks bad and at the same time if its too straight it looks wrong too. I think a larger issue here will be the stance of the player and making it kind of line up in the FP and TP views, even the UT3 anims were kinda screwy in FP and TP for it.
                          Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Bruh that's awesome.
                            :|

Comment

Thanks so much, haven't had much time to work on this but I'd expect some progress soon.

Comment

Please scrawnykid and eightball, Keep up the good work, this Looks very promising!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X