Impact Hammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Impact Hammer

Hey guys, here's a concept for the impact hammer. Was inspired by the Perna renders in Kazeo's bio rifle thread, so I wanted to try my hand at something that looked functional and repurposed - in this case, space-mining equipment. Would love to hear what you guys think.

Attached Files

Beautiful, but in front of exactly the same as in UT 3. Also do not forget that in an alternative mode of the hammer works as a blower)))

Comment

That's so gnarly! It really sells the power tool concept. Looks like the drill i just bought lol. Great stuff
      Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
      Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Wow. Love it.

The warning stickers, yellow/black decals, quad(?) hydrolics, colour scheme, size & overall design....great. Hope the animation's just as good. Really want to hear/feel it pulverising away.

Comment

Looking great! This is very much along the lines that I feel the impact hammer should look. Right at home with the Flak Cannon as mining equipment.

Comment

Good job I find the color selection really succeeded hope Epic Games Nehen your version of the percussion hammer good work Guy i love it.

Comment

I REALLY like this concept. The only thing I would change would be to allow the impact plate to open up like double-doors to allow the secondary firemode to make sense. That would not change the concept much at all.

Comment

Same opinion as everybody else, it really looks fantastic.

Know the head might indeed change depending on how the Hammer functionnality will change.

Comment

Very good. But I always thought that UT's hammer kills by highly compressed air impact.

Comment

Its interesting the way you chose to do the way its held as underslung, it makes alot of sense though when you look at power tools Im just not sure how well that would translate to the first person view. I think you certainly have a good grasp of what UT is all about but I do feel as though this could be alittle more scifi, it looks abit too modern still but I really like this one alot and honestly Im not keen on the hammer secondary atm so I dont care if that has to go to make room for a new Impact Hammer model
                    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Well done...Nails the style.

I'd probably make the impact plates more hammered looking or something. More like brake pads (something they switch out after becoming too worn). Other than that, like someone said, this could sit on the same shelf as the Flak and Rocket Launcher and fit right in.

Nice work.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Really nice design.

I like the idea that someone had about combining the impact hammer (Where alt fire isn't liked too much) with the enforcer (Where the alt fire isn't used much). Whether the impact hammer were to fire nails or something like that it would work well as a short range "pistol".

It would resolve the question of what to do with the alt fires of both weapons and open up a weapon slot to create something new for the series.
                        Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

[MENTION=261182]Smurgl[/MENTION] that doesnt sound bad at all, its certainly worth trying as I feel the current Impact Hammer alt still has some of the negative effects of the Shield Gun and not alot of the benefits. If we are merging any of the Unreal Championship lore then there are Rivet guns and I really wanted to make a weapon more like a nailgun myself, Im a big fan of the Needler in TF2, Nailgun/Super Nailgun in Quakes and Bioshock 2 is a prime example of how a weapon like that can work and feel great. Im not sure if I could let the Enforcer go though, it has the akimbo and gangster so it is pretty unique amongst this genre of game.

Why not go for the more is more option, Epic has a community here to support em so maybe it shouldnt be oh we cant because we have a small team but what can we do with ALL of the people we have at our disposal.

Great suggestion though, I like this type of thinking outside the box
                          Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-05-2016, 08:46 AM.
                          Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

I love the overall feel of this. As has been stated before though - the actual front of the weapon needs to appear more like a hammer or tamper head. I'm thinking this could be accomplished by taking the overall form of the current head, flatten the very front of it to create a true impact face (squared to the ground when used - not an actual square shape) - and like a tamper put a steel pressed pattern on the face. To accommodate the alt-fire mode, either portions of the plate flip away revealing the shield-gun portion (rotate the inner 2 plates) - or alternatively the plate has pre-existing holes that permit the functionality. I can work up a rough 3d mesh concept of what I mean tonight.

Comment

Nailed it, great job! That looks fantastic.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X