Minigun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONCEPT ART] Minigun

Hi guys, here is a concept for the minigun, trying to go for a meaner, more brutal feel and also drawing inspiration from the Unreal 1 minigun according to Rick Kohler's suggestion. Would love to hear what you guys think.

Attached Files

NICE! Now we can add an all military themed minigun to the collection, which is exactly what was missing. With this, we've got them all Bloody nice job mate.

One thing to note is that it reminds me a bit too much of the DOOM chaingun in mobile turret mode.

In terms of suggestions for improvements, the barrels could be a lot longer. Long barrels fit the minigun well. + keeping the gun skin's length approximately the same will later help avoid clipping and animation issues. It would also be nice to have each minigun version come from a different in-game company. Military style is what I would first and foremost associate with Axon.

btw. how do I hold this thing? I don't see a front grip.
    Last edited by InVader; 06-14-2016, 01:27 PM.
    Check out my work!
    | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
    | Localization

Comment

This is exactly what I want to see in the game. Wolfenstein (RTCW) minigun was amazing.

Comment

I find not bad, am curious what will tell Rick Kohler to

Comment

Maybe I'm just being daft, but I can't really see how it would spin. I definitely find it more appealing than the current one, though.

Comment

Originally posted by InVader View Post
            In terms of suggestions for improvements, the barrels could be a lot longer. Long barrels fit the minigun well. + keeping the gun skin's length approximately the same will later help avoid clipping and animation issues. It would also be nice to have each minigun version come from a different in-game company. Military style is what I would first and foremost associate with Axon.
            I think the barrel are fine like this in terms of length.
            I don't think the Minigun should be associated with Axon. They're like your scientists that brings crazy new technological stuff (like vehicles, their best achievements is currently the Ion cannon and the Leviathan). I do believe it should simply be associated with the Terran Military of the NEG (New Earth Governement) as it is a standard military weapon along with the Assault rifle and possibly Enforcer ?
            btw. how do I hold this thing? I don't see a front grip.
            Good question, I would like to know this as well.
            Originally posted by Semanticus View Post
            Maybe I'm just being daft, but I can't really see how it would spin. I definitely find it more appealing than the current one, though.
            I wondered exactly the same thing. Seems like the barrels will just be blocked by each other in this current position. Also, is this an extra barrel I see under the two rotating cannons ?
            Rick suggested you to draw inspiration to Unreal's minigun, so maybe you should take the "kog" shape as well :

I don't know if you can clearly see it, but the kog shape help to spin and rotate the barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
              I think the barrel are fine like this in terms of length.
              I don't think the Minigun should be associated with Axon. They're like your scientists that brings crazy new technological stuff (like vehicles, their best achievements is currently the Ion cannon and the Leviathan). I do believe it should simply be associated with the Terran Military of the NEG (New Earth Governement) as it is a standard military weapon along with the Assault rifle and possibly Enforcer ?
              I believe the NEG just uses the weapons, they don't actually create it. Much like today's military, they order it from some manufacturer.

While it might be true that Axon does high-tech stuff, in terms of visual style, they are very much signified by military (Iron Guard themselves, vehicles - primarily the hellbender and the tank). It's why I'm suggesting Axon for this particular minigun skin only. Much like graphics cards are made by many different manufacturers (MSI, Gigabyte, Asus...), the same type of gun could be made by different manufacturers as well.

EDIT: Or it could be the next iteration of the Schultz-Metzger T23-A 23mm from UT2k4. The T23-S
              Last edited by InVader; 06-14-2016, 05:25 PM.
              Check out my work!
              | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
              | Localization

Comment

I believe the NEG just uses the weapons, they don't actually create it. Much like today's military, they order it from some manufacturer.

While it might be true that Axon does high-tech stuff, in terms of visual style, they are very much signified by military (Iron Guard themselves, vehicles - primarily the hellbender and the tank). It's why I'm suggesting Axon for this particular minigun skin only. Much like graphics cards are made by many different manufacturers (MSI, Gigabyte, Asus...), the same type of gun could be made by different manufacturers as well.

EDIT: Or it could be the next iteration of the Schultz-Metzger T23-A 23mm from UT2k4. The T23-S
                True, Axon is often in contract with the NEG or other minor factions and mercenaries as it doesn't possess a true military force. Still I don't think they build the minigun, well not this one at least. I'm sure they would be more interested in doing one with crazy stuff like... dunno... one shooting mini black hole with lock on features and playing wub wub while shooting ? (Well you got the idea, some crazy scientist stuff)
                Izanagi on the other hand could produce it, because they're **** greedy and mass producing an easy design yet that is well used by every military force seems like a really good deal.

Or we assume that almost all weapons are of Skaarj origins because they all come from Unreal !

Comment

I like this weapon!!! the actual mini-gun seems like a toy ... or maybe is the blue bullets.. is not right :/

Comment

Oh god yes, this would be amazing. The only "bad" thing I see is that it looks too **** heavy, maybe reduce the size of the barrels a little bit and reduce the mass of the rings. Great job!

Comment

I'd like to see some characteristics a bit more like what was used in Predator:

Attached Files

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Very nice concept !
                        But the barrel size seems a bit too big for the bullets...

Comment

I like this concept not, eightballs is better for the new Unreal Tournament

Comment

This is hella beefy looking, I really like where it's going. Imo Axon would be a more appropriate manufacturer for the minigun if it's taking a more military direction.

Comment

****... everywhere. Don't you dare to make it longer/less beefy! This is so unique I wanna cry with happiness

Comment

Working...
                              X