Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rooster128 View Post
    exo are you not modeling this?
    just was distracted by vehicles stuff, then by U1 stuff, then by Substance learning. Last 4 months flew like lightning to me .
    - got sig? -

Comment

• When are you working on the Minigun? Because this model I would like in UT4 See this is completely crass

Comment

• Still looking for a ways for fluid ammo belt animation... Today's iteration: ragdoll chain + morph-targeted rounds (so whole setup doesn't need keyed animation; not sure if this going to work for fpv mesh though). Ammo box in free-hanging just for demonstration purposes...

- got sig? -

Comment

• Please continue working on the model of your Minigun version Exo7341

Comment

• Hey exo7341 how goes progress on this? Are you still planning on modeling this? I'd like to give (modeling) this a try maybe...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster128 View Post
              Hey exo7341 how goes progress on this? Are you still planning on modeling this? I'd like to give (modeling) this a try maybe...
              Yup, just recently I've made an attempt to convert this from max to maya. The thing is, one of the lastest updates changed how all weapons work in terms of meshes (separate meshes/anims for hands and gun itself - to support character-specific arms in 1p view). I haven't figured out how this setup works yet (so my mesh behaves weird now, jumping to different pivot points for idle and firing etc), so things got more complicated now.

Still, I don't mind sharing my work, pm me about what version you prefer to work on.
              - got sig? -

Comment

• Originally posted by Waverun View Post

I will say I do like TheBrainSurgeon's version of the minigun. We could probably use it for the actual game.
                Is this the version everyone wants to see?

Comment

• Started modeling the minigun with exo's blessings. (I know, there've been a lot of modelers on this by now... but hey we'll get it done eventually right?! :P)

Going to try to stick to the concept as much as I can (obviously have to take creative freedom with a few parts the concept art was vague on). Also, we really need to decide where those hands are going to go. I personally think a grip right in front of the ammo drum would work, without it looking too too busy. I'm hoping exo will stick with me fleshing this out.

Comment

• There's one thing I've noticed one day (and was shocked I missed it ).

From later versions of concept:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	minigun_ut_clamps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	393311
                    - got sig? -

Comment

• I definitely noticed it after staring at this for so long. The other thing is the barrels look like they are sitting side by side horizontally at the front, and sitting at a 45' near the back. Many other continuity issues in the concept too- that's where creative license comes in handy I suppose!

Also, found out where a part of the ammo drum came from- a shot of the M61 Vulcan :P
                      Last edited by Rooster128; 09-21-2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• wee bit further along. Trying to determine by looking at the concept were shells and linkage arms should be expelled. Also, precisely how the ammo should feed- and if the ammo should be hidden at all, or exposed as it looks here. IDK.

Comment

• Great progress so far, Rooster128 !

I thought that port (labeled "Caution") is for ejecting brass... Besides, visible belt would add to general intense-action nature of weapon, I think.
                          - got sig? -

Comment

• Ejecting the shell casing in direction of the weapon holder is not a good idea. It would distract very much and in reality it would endanger the operator to get burned from dropping shells.
                            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

• I have been of similar thought, papercoffee.

Also have you guys seen this concept? Apparently from the forums a while back?

That's tight! I might borrow a piece or two from it...

Comment

Working...
                              X