No announcement yet.

Minigun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see this still moving forward.
    Unreal Carnage.com
    UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx
    UT3 Maps: DM-MCC-Hangar DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx DM-MCC-DeathFan DM-MCC-Fith and more...

Comment

• Haven't read the entire thread and not a good digital artist, but here how it would look like for me if i would add a grip
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	394490

I know it looks generic and butchers the original concept, but i honestly can't think of any other grips. Other than the Gears of War one but that's pretty much it.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	gears_of_war_2_conceptart_ppjVP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	394491

Comment

• Rooster128 looks like this shaping up!

I kinda agree about general proportions, and there's not much you could really do... Maybe just gently increase scale of barrels (both thickness and length) to gap any available space? Other thing I'd like to point out is that actual ingame fpv perspective could look greatly different from 3d app mock-up (so to judge that correctly you need your camera to have fov of 90-100 etc)
        - got sig? -

Comment

• The shot rendered was from a FOV of 75 (roughly what the UT3 1P models used for perspective if I recall correctly?) - and I tried originally with the camera at the eyeballs of the character, then just tried moving the camera around until I got a perspective similar to what the concept art showed. In general I think it just looks beefy no matter what. One thing I could try to do is make the grip larger (thereby the rest of the gun is smaller in proportion) - and lengthen the barrels as you say - and I do what to add a grip of some sort similar to what HereticGrunt is talking about, or a side grip. I just want to ensure the gun is viewable in 1P and also that it's perspective in 1P isn't too much of a stretch.

Comment

• Running into the problem you had earlier on in the thread exo- where should the hand go, where should the ammo drum go? Up to this point I've been modeling verb batim according to original concept but the original concept did not include an area for the left hand. I've been combing through the thread and I still think having a side grip with the ammo still on the left side could work - and of course the main problem would be having the design be too left-heavy. But I think it could work?

If you used the perspective given in the concept, you don't see the ammo feed in much at all- you'd mostly see the hand. Furthermore, it makes more sense for the ammo to be fed from the medial position, not distal position. And I believe there is enough happening on the right side of the gun (or there will be) in order for the gun to be visually balanced.
            Last edited by Rooster128; 11-11-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X