Dispersion Pistol for Invasion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] Dispersion Pistol for Invasion

Hello! [MENTION=9859]thatscrawnyki[/MENTION] 's last weapon (https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...de-another-gun) and its following comments inspired me to model a Dispersion Pistol for an eventual Invasion mode. I tried to incorporate some characteristics of the original Unreal weapon into this design (https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/w/i...U1_pistol1.png).

Feedback is, as always, welcome! I hope this one can be useful in some ways.

Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Awesome idea and awesome progress so far! But to be honest, at this point of progress, I would not give any substantial feedback. Keep it up and keep us informed, I'll be waiting for updates

Comment

Thanks for the appreciation!

I'll surely update it!

-Luigi Rapetta
      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
      Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Will it transform like the original one?
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

[MENTION=34994]papercoffee[/MENTION]

For now, it doesn't. I have some solutions, though! I'll try to show you them as soon as possible.
          Anyway, if you have any ideas regarding this feature you can share it!

-Luigi Rapetta
          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

[MENTION=247414]rapfamily4[/MENTION]
            I'll see what I can do.

I like the two wing parts but the body needs work and the whole weapon seems too unwieldy.
            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Thanks for everything, papercoffee!

Anyway, you're right! I just noticed the weapon is too long... This is the evidence!

A solution could be adding a sort of angular grip near the handle.

Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

A quick update. Feedback is welcome! Do you think the second hand would fit there?

Attached Files

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Well I believe it's too close to fit two hands properly. Also if you put two handles I doubt it will be fall in the pistol category. See if you ever want to shorten the gun and keep a pistol or keep a larger length and do a Dispersion rifle ?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. At this point, I could shorten the barrel/slides! I'll give it a try today.

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

I'M BACK!

Here you are a shorter version of the first iteration. I like more this one than the longer one. Thanks @Darkloser !

I think this one is more wieldy. As a matter of fact, the main body (wings apart) fits the size of a Nerf gun which I have at home. The latter it's quite wieldy, so I could say there are no more size problems. What do you think?

Attached Files
                      Last edited by rapfamily4; 11-30-2016, 03:53 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

It indeed seems more wieldy. Now aside from the overall size and handling, I have doubt about your model. Compared to the Unreal one, it lacks something... alienish ? Mystical ? Something that feels like it's a special gun. Do you remember how it changed its shape when you got a pickup ? It moved almost as if it was organic. That's what I feel is missing on your concept. Yours feel too manufactured.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkloser View Post
                          Do you remember how it changed its shape when you got a pickup ? It moved almost as if it was organic.
                          I think that's because of graphic limitations. Maybe, a more organic look would help. What do you think, @Darkloser ?
                          Last edited by rapfamily4; 11-30-2016, 06:27 PM.

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Well I don't know if it should be strictly organic. All I mean is that it need something that makes it stand like it's using a high level of technology, be it biological or mechanical, to the point where you wonder if it's coming from an alien race or not. If you compare with the rest of the arsenal, most had shapes that told you it was constructed and develloped probaby by humans or equivalent, with details that are familiar to us like screws, rubber pipes, and overall shapes and elements similar to what we posees in real world. The dispersion was one of the few weapon to actually have some unknown elements, alongside the razorjack for exemple.

Comment

A really interesting suggestion! I'll try to implement this vibe. I could start removing the screws.

Regarding this vibe, the challenging thing is to stay as close as possible to the current art direction of the whole game. What do other people think?

-Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Working...
                              X