This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Enforcer - V1 COMPLETE

I'm going to start posting Official threads as we settle on content. I will also be putting up a Trello board so that we can all keep track of what needs to get done and who is doing what.

This thread is for the Enforcer concept by Gooba. The team here at Epic feels that he did an excellent job on this and it is a great final design and ready to model.

Keep in mind also that we will have a marketplace and eventually users will be able to upload their own versions of any weapon for people to try out and play with. So if you are not crazy about any of the design in the "official" launch, you will be able to update to something new at some point and maybe even create your own.

This is the final image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ZhUe75X.png
Views:	2
Size:	710.1 KB
ID:	353289

This image represents a great base line for any other aspiring concept artists wanting to submit their art. There is a level of polish and professionalism in Goobas work that really sets the standard for community work and involvement.

Additional thoughts:

-How does this weapon articulate? What can we do to make it animate and appear more interesting. Hi-Ban did some great animated gifs in the enforcer thread. How can we make those work with this weapon design?
    -How does it reload? Do we see another hand come in and slap in a clip?
    -Can we visualize it firing, what does the effects and muzzle flash look like?

Things that need to get done:

-Someone needs to model it.

Looks like Tidal Blast is off to a great start:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	enforcer_highpoly.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	433.2 KB
ID:	353290

-High poly and lo polygon model need to be completed with professional quality polish and skill
    -Lo polygon model needs to be built to accommodate any articulation, such as clip removal, shells ejecting, anything that slides...etc.
    -Lo poly model needs to be UV'd properly
    -Materials need to be created and applied in UE4
    -Weapon needs to be animated

Epic can help with all or any of these steps, just ask.

Since this is the first concept that I've considered to be final I was going to have one of our artists, Pete Hayes, model it.

I thought that it would be good to give you guys an example of the quality we're expecting and also allow you to deconstruct it so that you had an example of what to shoot for with the other weapons.

Then I saw that tidal Blast had a pretty good handle on things so I pulled it back and will have Pete model something else.

Let me know if you guys want the example to be the enforcer or something else.

Tidal Blast let me know how far you are willing to take the model.

I will be posting official threads for all of our weapon designs in the next few days.

Thanks,
    -Chris

look great, much better than UT3 design. love it.

Gooba did a great job indeed

Comment

Great stuff. Good too see something else moving forward then just movement systems.

Comment

Gooba congrets
        wow epic for picing a community enforcer

Comment

You can make the appearance of overcharging like in UT 3. Hero inserts the clip and hand in these cartridge in the chamber, as in a conventional gun.
          I believe that you can also put the model Shock Rifle made ​​concept by Gooba.

Comment

Awesome model by gooba! I also agree about shock rifle, gooba has awesome work

Comment

Grats Gooba! I'm admittedly not the biggest fan of this Enforcer concept, but its still well made and decent enough to me.

Comment

Nice! I wonder though, is the Enforcer set in stone or is it open to change if a better one pops out?
                Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                --Captain Crit

Comment

This is the final Enforcer concept that will be shipping with the core version of UT.

If something else comes along it will have to make it into the game through the marketplace.

Have a great weekend.

-Chris

Comment

*complaints about the approved enforcer concept*
                    Last edited by FIXMESTEVE; 08-29-2014, 05:14 PM. Reason: Not relevant to thread - please start a new thread

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                      This enforcer....
                      Originally posted by Chris Perna View Post
                      This is the final Enforcer concept that will be shipping with the core version of UT.

If something else comes along it will have to make it into the game through the marketplace.

Have a great weekend.

-Chris
                      Great choice!

Comment

Congratulations to Gooba and Tidel Blast. I guess that means you two got your names into the credits once the weapon is done and implemented, eh?
                        S l y .

Comment

Awesome news, Chris!

hi-ban, couldn't those issues be "fixed" in the 3D design phase without modifying the overall weapon's design? I know you are looking at this from a technically authentic approach, but how would you take the same approach to the Shock Rifle or Link Gun? Neither weapon exists in the real world, so how would you justify the design?

But, to your points:

- The "cylinder" part on the back of the gun, where i marked the need for a grip, makes no sense. It has no utility.

How would you suggest correcting this?

- Everything above the barrel has no utility, except the iron sights. Which right now have no utility, as the vision is blocked by the curved thing.

You could suggest toning down the curve in the first person view. Epic has made changes to other weapons to better accommodate first person view, such as with the UT3 Stinger.

- Glowing lights have no sense. Where is the battery to make them work? What is their purpose?

This has been discussed in Gooba's thread. Although I agree with you in that they serve no function other than making the weapon "cool" looking, they are part of Gooba's design and should stay intact.

- Where is the button to eject the magazine?

- Where is the safety button/slider?

Could these items not be added without major modifications to the weapon's design?
                          Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Crotale, I've made a thread to discuss about it. I will answer you there, as discussing about it here is apparently not relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                              Crotale, I've made a thread to discuss about it. I will answer you there, as discussing about it here is apparently not relevant.
                              Fair enough, but you did bring up these points in this thread.
                              Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Working...
                              X