Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting fact. I stumbled upon the old Gears of War concept arts.

Is it just me or does the new Enforcer look like the old concept art made by James Hawkins for GoW...
    Not sure if this is the right way.

Other than that, the concept art and the model is really nice. Could be more complex but if this is the general direction of the UT - somehow flatten - I have to obey .

Edit: No option to resize images.
    Attached Files
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Serious cues from the hammerburst that I never noticed before. Gears is Epic's best game to date though.

Comment

Originally posted by g4macdad View Post
        Serious cues from the hammerburst that I never noticed before. Gears is Epic's best game to date though.
        UT99 is Epic's best game to date.

Comment

do not forget Jazz Jackrabbit 2 which is cool game too
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
            do not forget Jazz Jackrabbit 2 which is cool game too
            And Tyrian 2000 (although that was just published by epic)
            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Amazing work !

I have a critique point - there seems to be a sharp overhang directly over the hand position, which is not part of the concept art, and in my opinion this makes the 3D model look a bit uncomfortable/off:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                UT99 is Epic's best game to date.
                Way off topic...

Comment

Originally posted by g4macdad View Post
                  Gears is Epic's best game to date though.
                  Way off topic, too...

Comment

Please make enforcer gunplay exactly same as UT99's gunplay {my mean is it's shooting style} UT3 enforcer was not useful but UT99's enforcer was so cool

Comment

Looking great Tidal Blast! You are doing an awesome job of incorporating all the tweaks and functionality while staying true to the concept and vibe. As far as reference clues to past weapons/games I think it's ok to have some of that. I would rather reference our own "Epic weapon DNA" instead of another game company's. I think you guys are doing a great job so far and it is extremely challenging to get something that feels fresh and new that still gives nods to the past and gives people the warm and fuzzy memories of the gun that they love (even more difficult by the fact that everybody loves a different version of that gun).

Have you got it in engine yet? I would not bother with trying to do a skeletal mesh at this time, just collapse everything down without smoothing or modifiers and import it as a static mesh so you can check grip size, fov's, etc. Keep up the amazing work!
                      Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                      Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                      Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

I think I am a fan of number 1 between those two -- but only because to me it seems more natural to have the slide actually have action. I think visually it makes it more interesting for the player as it will help upon animation to induce the concept of recoil and power in the weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                          The reasoning behind why I created a second version that ejects the shell like an assault rifle is that the firing animation might be so fast that we might not even be able to see properly how the part on top moves backward while firing.

Ex:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LNBxxoVSn8

So with No. 2, the 3D animator can focus on what really matters; how the Enforcer kicks back upward while firing and make it look truly badass.
                          I see your point and that was something I had thought of. The reason I prefer the first in that instance is when the enforcer is used in semi-automatic firing mode you can see the action and when it is used in burst/auto you do not see it very well (nor would I expect to). It adds to the weapon without limiting it. As for the animator's job -- the difference should be somewhat negligible when building and animating the rig I think (maybe 20 minutes extra work to set-up the extra bone(s) in the system and double check that it will animate properly?).

Comment

I choose 2.. Whenever shooting in gangsta modus, you'll have the nice anim of the little hatch opening and closing and the shells flying out.
                            No need to animate the whole top part for me.. (i'm not that of a realism junkie)

(It looks a bit weak tbh, The rail on wich it glides must be REALLY strong.. it looks like it could break off)
                            Overall the design looks good! Keep it up TidalBlast!
                            BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
                            DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord
                            ‚Äč
                            Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

How are things with the enforcer and the implementation into the game Tidal? Would love to see a demo of this baby in action..
                              | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                              Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

Working...
                              X