Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it should at least be lowered. anything so it won't block the sights.
    The new UT is coming along nicely...
    Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

It isn't blocking the sights...

Comment

It's nicely modeled, I just wish the design was a little more streamlined/sleek because it's seriously bulky towards the front top. The grip also seems rather thin, and it's missing the sexy triangular outward thumb rest thingy (sorry I don't know what else to call it) from Gooba's original concept. Perhaps fattening up the grip of the gun also goes a long way in making the front end seem less bulky?

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
          It's the shell being ejected.
          lol'd
          (10chars)
          BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
          DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord
          ‚Äč
          Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
            **** nice work! Can't wait to see the low poly and texture.

Comment

I think the opposite, the roundness breaks the flow. Wouldn't hurt to at least be able to see it. How about a vote?

Comment

A poll's not going to change anything. It's already final, and the roundy IS staying.
                Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                --Captain Crit

Comment

I feel that it's not the problem with the curve in general but rather the slope of it and how it makes the gun look off-balanced. Honestly, it's hard for me to put in works what exactly is off balanced about it, so I suppose that it's easier to just leave it the way it is and not waste too much time with it.

Comment

Actually, now that I think about it, I think the problem isn't the curved top at all, but rather how the top of the corner where the hammer would be on a regular gun isn't tall enough to line up with the top of the "curved top" and it makes the gun look a little lopsided, though I suppose it's too late to do anything about it considering how the enforcer's already been modeled and how that corner piece is already too complex to fix.

Comment

I like the curve, gives it that modded futuristic look. Just make sure it looks badass when firing and gives a kickback like the ut99 enforcer - I much preferred those animations over UT3's which looked a little bit like someone doing a pistol shoot gesture with a pretend hand (as in one with fingers) gun.
                      UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
                      Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
                      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Once the low poly model is made and aligned with the high poly model to make the normal map, I really think that you should make not only the normal map but also a displacement map, to use with displaced tessellation (or at the very least, virtual displacement, such as bump offset or parallax occlusion).
                        The new UT is coming along nicely...
                        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                          Once the low poly model is made and aligned with the high poly model to make the normal map, I really think that you should make not only the normal map but also a displacement map, to use with displaced tessellation (or at the very least, virtual displacement, such as bump offset or parallax occlusion).
                          Yeaaaah... Unfortunately because of how hardware tessellation works, it's REALLY bad for small details on hard surfaces: the triangles are split from the corners inward, basically performing a 2-dimensional extrude inward toward the centre of the triangle. One level of tesselation creates 7 triangles out of one, whereas more classic forms of subdivision which cut the edges and poke faces inward create 6 triangles with each edge of the original broken in half, creating a much smoother division.

Long story short, hardware tessellation is great for organic surfaces, or curvy things, but hard edges and tiny, discrete details are still best suited to modelled geometry.

Comment

Great work dude looks fantastic keep it up

Comment

Looking awesome Tidal Blast, you did a great job working all of the articulation and crits in while still keeping faithful to the concept. PM me if you need any help with the lowpoly or getting it in engine!
                              Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                              Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                              Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Any updates? Anxious to see this in game.
                                work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Working...
                                X