This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this is crazy! Thanks so much! Gonna go tell all my friends

But seriously, this is awesome. Thanks Chris for recognizing my work!

I've got a ton of other concepts on the way and I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback on those too!

Cheers!
    Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Congrats Gooba!

well deserved

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
        Wow, this is crazy! Thanks so much! Gonna go tell all my friends

But seriously, this is awesome. Thanks Chris for recognizing my work!

I've got a ton of other concepts on the way and I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback on those too!

Cheers!
        Congrats sir. Very well deserved, IMO.
        Looking forward to seeing it modeled, textured and in game (looking at you Tidal ^_^)

Also looking forward to seeing your other concepts. Maybe if I can tear myself away from the editor making maps, I can actually jump in 3DSMax and model something

Congrats again and keep it up!
        MyArtstation
        @jayoplus

Comment

Congrats, you basta... lucky person.

Comment

Congrats Gooba!
            ◄ Competitive Map Pack 2
            ◄ Competitive Map Pack 1
            ◄ Characters Concepts

Comment

Big thanks for Gooba and Tidal Blast!
              I'm glad this model is picked as final. Love it.

Comment

Congrats Gooba, you really deserved this with your great concepts. Love that Enforcer! Can't wait to see your upcoming concepts.

In fact I'd say they should use only your concepts for every weapon to reach that all have the same type of style. No disrespect to all others concepters

Comment

Congratulations to Gooba and Tidel Blast! seen some amazing concept art from u 2.
                  Now is it just me or does the enforcer read ENF-303?? => Acid-Inspired
                  BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
                  DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Sweet. Great design and good start to the process.
                    3d Artist
                    UT Cosmetic Items |
                    UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Great choice, definately the best enforcer model.

But what about the Reload-Animation? I dont remember any weapon to be reloaded in UT.
                      Or do you mean the useless animation in UT3, which "loaded" the weapon each time you spawn?

Comment

Nice to see some recognition there While I don't think the Enforcer looks are ideal, but I think it's a fair compromise. A lot of people seem to like it.

In the end it's pretty funny how it goes. This rounded design reminds me a lot of the Unreal II Magnum Pistol, and looking at the mechanics we have now, they're very similar there as well. The Magnum dealt 33 damage per shot, and the current 25 isn't that far off, while the three-bullet burst mode alt fire is exactly the same in both.
                        Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                        My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                          Do you think that the barrel should move back like a Desert Eagle or should we do it like the Snub pistol in Gears of War?
                          The barrel itself never moves back in pistols. It's only the back part of the chamber (which opens to eject the casing) along with the hammer mechanism and the cover. It's marked in blue in the pic:

Other pistols have the barrel completely covered, so it appears as if the whole thing moves backward, but the barrel always stays in a fixed position.

Last edited by hi-ban; 08-30-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                            Please keep this kind of post in your other thread.
                            What? This post is a response to your post, which is in this thread. It is a constructive post, it is on topic, and it isn't offensive or negative in any way. I even took the time to edit a pic for clear explanation.
                            There is no need to "kick" me out of this thread in such a rude way, dude.
                            Last edited by hi-ban; 08-30-2014, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Brilliant. Congratulations to you Gooba, and great work Tidal Blast on your modeling so far.

If as much work/thought/passion goes into all the weapons like they have for this one, then they're all going to be fantastic I'm sure.

Well done.

Comment

What happened to that gun? You will simply discard the project?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X