This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not even a gun, that's a video camera
    "Gun" in UT game is a relative term (ratio of about 50/50 for UT3 enforcer - 50% "gun" and 50% "something else"). It shoots, that's enough. The important thing to look epic weapon in UT, in UT3 enforcer looks epic.

The new enforcer is better for me, but alt. fire is still look weird (for this weapon model, not for UT3 enforcer model), looks like "something broke in gun". Maybe better if alt. fire is almost simultaneously double shot, but use x2.5-3.5 times cooldown. A little less shooting accuracy, but both bullets out of the barrel almost simultaneously, also for double enforcer (x4 shot). And weapon in the hand in a horizontal position (75-90 degrees) when alt. fire and primary fire has current vertical position. About new model, maybe try a longer ammo (or much longer) cartridge for new enforcer model. The cartridge is lower than the handle. And add laser pointer, visible only to the owner. Double laser pointer for double enforcer.
    Last edited by Andriushka; 10-19-2016, 10:00 AM.

Comment

:|

Comment

UT3 enforcer in hands looks epic. Something "completely realistic" is not very good in UT. I do not know what it's called when someone post comes up with something extra about subject, another troll post picks it distorts even stronger. In this case, you can find fault with anything and old UT99/UT2004 games are very suitable for this.

About this topic I want to write there is possibility of combo attack for double enforcer. In double enforcer mode primary fire begins to shoot from the left enforcer, not from the right enforcer. And if press alt. fire at the time of primary fire shooting the right enforcer will make an single alt. fire shot while the first enforcer continuously firing. And looks like one enforcer in vertical position and another enforcer in a horizontal position. Or it depends on when the combo attack button was pressed - if current shot from the first enforcer - combo shot from the second enforcer, otherwise if current shot from the second enforcer, combo shot from the first enforcer.
        Last edited by Andriushka; 10-19-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry to say this but the previous model by TidlBlast looked better imho.

The new design look like a generic, real pistol. Not UT

I don't understand why Epic is putting time and effort on something that is final instead of working on things that are needed??????? Other weapons are still missing, ammos, health pickups, armors, character skins, etc...
          Stevie's corner
          Maps : DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

I like the new enforcer very much. It has angular shapes, definitely more enforcer-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
              I'm sorry to say this but the previous model by TidlBlast looked better imho.

The new design look like a generic, real pistol. Not UT

I don't understand why Epic is putting time and effort on something that is final instead of working on things that are needed??????? Other weapons are still missing, ammos, health pickups, armors, character skins, etc...

Not really, the last design looked like a generic futuristic pistol, this one looks way more like an evolution of the enforcer or automag from Unreal 1 and UT99, with a bit of warhammer 40k spliced in. Curvature is the laziest way to make something look futuristic.

We still need the gangsta firemode though, the burst is pretty lame in terms of actual feedback

Comment

Originally posted by BloodShot View Post
                We still need the gangsta firemode though, the burst is pretty lame in terms of actual feedback
                I think UT3 Enforcer burst was quite nice. What's your opinion?

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                  I like the new enforcer very much. It has angular shapes, definitely more enforcer-ish.
                  OMG, hi-ban likes the Enforcer! I have to agree, this is the most Enforcer-ish weapon bearing the name since the UT1 Enforcer.
                  Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Yup, I personally like this new one. There are just some issues, though. It seems the model is too near to the first person camera. Then, in third person, when a player shoots in dual Enforcer mode, you can see that muzzleflashes appear only from the gun on the right.

-Luigi Rapetta
                    (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                    Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Personally I don't really like the new one, nor the old one. If I have to choose I prefer the old one as it has a simpler shape, which could be very cool if you make it feel alien (not organically alien), then it will start to feel like what belongs to Unreal.
                      Both versions look just like a weapon could be in some other scifi shooters, which is a little bit boring, to be honest.
                      Plus both are lack of that blood lusting feeling. Not saying the UT99 enforcer had it but at least it looked like a weapon had been used in many many combats, not a brand new toy.

But anyway, let iteration comes!
                      [WIP]: DM-Deck(Remake) | DM-DeepBlue | DM-Peak(Remake)

My stuff: @ Youtube | @ Small site | @ My blog

Comment

Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                        Personally I don't really like the new one, nor the old one. If I have to choose I prefer the old one as it has a simpler shape, which could be very cool if you make it feel alien (not organically alien), then it will start to feel like what belongs to Unreal.
                        Both versions look just like a weapon could be in some other scifi shooters, which is a little bit boring, to be honest.
                        Plus both are lack of that blood lusting feeling. Not saying the UT99 enforcer had it but at least it looked like a weapon had been used in many many combats, not a brand new toy.

But anyway, let iteration comes!
                        The UT99 Enforcer hardly looked alien at all... But I agree on what you said about the Enforcer needing to look used. Stylistically that's also part of what made Star Wars so iconic - in the 70s the great majority of sci-fi and space films and series had really sleek and squeaky clean sets and props. Suddenly you had this film that (aside from being quite well paced, neatly written and fun, and one that has an interesting premise) features things that actually age and decay over time; and it's so much more convincing that way.
                        The new UT is coming along nicely...
                        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Shout out to Fartuess' enforcer model which needs to be on the workshop ASAP

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...er-Model/page4

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post
                            Shout out to Fartuess' enforcer model which needs to be on the workshop ASAP

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...er-Model/page4

Channeling Unreal 1's Automag are we?
                            The new UT is coming along nicely...
                            Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Someone should update the name of the thread with "Enforcer - V2 COMPLETE​".

-Luigi Rapetta
                              (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                                Someone should update the name of the thread with "Enforcer - V2 COMPLETE​".
                                what for when this thread isn't about the Enforcer V2 model (from its start)?

The official V2 model got leaked in this thread, it wasn't displayed officially by anyone of the dev team. IIRC only the build release thread has the discussion about the Enforcer model, or the blog post. Occasionally unofficial threads do have similar discussion. Instead of renaming, creating a new one would be more suited.

But who are we all talking to ...
                                Chris Perna
                                Unreal Tournament Developer

Last Activity: 05-23-2016 06:00 PM
                                Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 12-11-2016, 07:06 PM.
                                ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                                ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Working...
                                X