This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post
    Shout out to Fartuess' enforcer model which needs to be on the workshop ASAP

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...er-Model/page4

Jesus, now that's really really good.
    Flak M0nk3y 4 Life

Comment

Something about the rounder Gooba/Tidal one had something that emulated the original (something Gooba is good at), about the essence of the gun, that I feel is missing in this newer one. It may be that it is too busy, and has too much stuff going on. The beauty of the original UT weapons was that while they were detailed and had a lot of physical parts going on, they never felt busy or intrusive. They seemed intrinsically simple, which helped fit the military-style weapons (As military weapons tent to lean on being rugged and reliable more than any other factor). The original UT and the Gooba one look easy to just reach out and grab per say.

Maybe it is also missing that "chunky" feel that makes the original look powerful. Either way, I think this could use some more refinement.

Comment

What I love about the UT99 enforcer is that it looked like a chunky, milled piece steel. Like a Desert Eagle mixed with a Mk 23

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

I'm really looking forward to weapon skins/models being properly implemented, i.e. being sold on the marketplace. This kind of thing is awesome

Comment

Two suggestions for enforcer attack and graphic design.

1) Already wrote the same, something similar, but this suggestion is different. That if alt. attack looks like two shots in a row with almost the same accuracy but when the alt. attack button is pressed a little time is used for the shooter to automatically once aim the sight as in singleplayer games and make a double-tripple shot, put his hand back and so each alt. attack. No special button for close the any weapon aim in game just only enforcer. I think that such a feature would be interesting. No need grenades or super far fetched or weird (as I also wrote somewhere) feature for enforcer design, just use singleplayer element from games - close aim (with cam zoom a little), and only with light weapon - with enforcer. At the time of activation of the attack, you need to aim at the enemy in addition, a double-tripple shot does not occur immediately as I already wrote. As addition variant the alt fire shot fires bullets a little farther than a single shot. Double-enforcer do the same, one pistol opposite the other.

If double, but not tripple alt. fire shot, you can use it right after the primary shot, while the alt. fire hand will close the sight, the reload after the shot will take place. If alt. fire can be used only after reload, tripple shot would be better, but it a bit strange the three bullets fly in the same line, in contrast to the two.

2) What if add to this enforcer a yellow collimator like sight + red or blue lazer pointer + little flashlight and all this looks like all in one build-in, but not as many devices on the gun. Something like a multifunction pistol. And as variant the laser pointer is switched on only during an alt. attack. I think all this would be very good but not overloaded. And more that if you make a small change in the enforcer design, so that the model does not look completely standard from old UT game. A small mix with UT3 enforcer. Not in the design itself, but in the location of the ammo cartridge. Make not a vertical cartridge, but with a small inclination (30-35 degrees left). A cartridge that looks strong built-in without breaking the current design. Visually everything is the same, but do something that distinguishes this weapon from the usual "standard UT" pistol, more like "Unreal UT" pistol as possible. I do not think that such a cartridge will make a model ugly or less "straight and technical". Really I like current model it done well but it still "green pistol model" from old UT. I think that you can make it more interesting and not such "monophonic".

Or a bit exotic but unreal variant - the enforcer has 2 cartridges that are disposed axially Z, also 30-35 degrees left and right. And all functional things (flashlight or lazer pointer) in the middle. 40-50 bullets on board well substantiated by using two cartridges. But in this variant the piatol may look too strange or even a bit ugly, execept on cartridge. But with two cartriges may looks more massive and unreal.
            Last edited by Andriushka; 07-24-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X