Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the game is produced together with the community, it would be great to put together a poll to decide the design of the enforcer!

Comment

Originally posted by Drekorig View Post
      Since the game is produced together with the community, it would be great to put together a poll to decide the design of the enforcer!
      Originally posted by Chris Perna View Post
      This is the final Enforcer concept that will be shipping with the core version of UT.

If something else comes along it will have to make it into the game through the marketplace.

Have a great weekend.

-Chris
      Ummm...read.

Comment

Drekorig, the community did decide. This model is the one we collectively like the most.

Tidal, that build is looking pretty sweet.
        Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
          This model is the one we collectively like the most.
          I have to disagree on that. There was no voting, and there were other concepts from Gooba which the people liked as much as this one.
          Saying that the community did decide is nothing but false.

Comment

you can make whatever you want and sell it in marketplace and play with it all you want.

Functionality has nothing to do with a scifi video game.
            Last edited by FIXMESTEVE; 08-31-2014, 09:21 AM. Reason: Personal attack

Comment

Originally posted by M!NDCR!M3Z View Post
              Functionality has nothing to do with a scifi video game.
              Mindcrimez, i respectfully disagree.
              Last edited by FIXMESTEVE; 08-31-2014, 09:23 AM. Reason: Response to personal attack

Comment

Just let us know the response of the community, if we have a poll. Something we have not done yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                  Drekorig, the community did decide. This model is the one we collectively like the most.

Tidal, that build is looking pretty sweet.
                  What are your data?

Comment

as i remember this game is built WITH the help of community, not BY the community.
                    so the voting etc is not relevant

Comment

Yeah ... Epic Gameы famous Unreal and UT. Then moved on to Gears of war. And now the game that they glorified became free and recieve using fans.

Comment

Excellent concept by Gooba and a great start to the model by Tidal Blast. Looking forward to seeing it in game, and it's very pleasing to see something significant that was designed by the community being made "official".

For those few that are complaining, you need to look at the bigger picture. It's very important on a project of this size to keep the momentum and encourage more people to keep submitting and refining other pieces of art.

Comment

The concept is great! However, he should not look at only one side. But if the art director determined well so be it.
                          Last edited by Drekorig; 08-30-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Yes now is the first weapon UT4 the Enforcer Desing of Gooba confirms congratulation Gooba comes to the Game

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                              Mindcrimez, i've saw many of your other posts are of the same kind of this one, showing zero respect for others' opinions and insulting others. So excuse me if i completely ignore you. (Hell, it would be impossible not to ignore someone who thinks all UT weapons should shoot lasers!)
                              I will have to say hi-ban, your criticisms are often very harsh as well, and you seldom offer actual suggestions, more like "THIS IS WRONG. FIX IT." This especially backs up my point, where you point out assorted issues with the Enforcer that could have been addressed earlier, and also shows absolutely no suggestions to make it better. I'd rather hear someone who wants all weapons to shoot lasers than someone who is so stuck in UT99 weapon design that he shuns anything different. At least you could reason with the former and they will listen.

UT99 design was good, but this isn't 1999. It's 2014. And this is not a remake, but a new game. Gooba's Enforcer was perfect for that. It stayed true to the original Enforcer, alongside adding in traits of the UT3 edition, while still providing a new and refreshing look. He even tried making the Enforcer a revolver, which was mostly motivated by peoples' interest in a revolver design. hi-ban's Enforcer on the other hand was very nostalgic, and was an HD remake of the UT99 Enforcer, with no references to UT3 at all, and hi-ban himself claiming that UT3 should be forgotten because it failed.

But seriously though, should we be here, arguing over hi-ban's disapproval of the Enforcer which is absolutely pointless at this time, or should we be working constructively on other weapons which do not have official designs done yet?
                              Last edited by FIXMESTEVE; 08-31-2014, 09:24 AM.
                              Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                              Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                              Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                              --Captain Crit

Comment

Congratulations Gooba, you deserve it! It's by far the coolest enforcer i've ever seen. It's dope! Anxious to see your future concepts.
                                work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Working...
                                X