This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Two suggestions for enforcer attack and graphic design.

1) Already wrote the same, something similar, but this suggestion is different. That if alt. attack looks like two shots in a row with almost the same accuracy but when the alt. attack button is pressed a little time is used for the shooter to automatically once aim the sight as in singleplayer games and make a double-tripple shot, put his hand back and so each alt. attack. No special button for close the any weapon aim in game just only enforcer. I think that such a feature would be interesting. No need grenades or super far fetched or weird (as I also wrote somewhere) feature for enforcer design, just use singleplayer element from games - close aim (with cam zoom a little), and only with light weapon - with enforcer. At the time of activation of the attack, you need to aim at the enemy in addition, a double-tripple shot does not occur immediately as I already wrote. As addition variant the alt fire shot fires bullets a little farther than a single shot. Double-enforcer do the same, one pistol opposite the other.

If double, but not tripple alt. fire shot, you can use it right after the primary shot, while the alt. fire hand will close the sight, the reload after the shot will take place. If alt. fire can be used only after reload, tripple shot would be better, but it a bit strange the three bullets fly in the same line, in contrast to the two.

2) What if add to this enforcer a yellow collimator like sight + red or blue lazer pointer + little flashlight and all this looks like all in one build-in, but not as many devices on the gun. Something like a multifunction pistol. And as variant the laser pointer is switched on only during an alt. attack. I think all this would be very good but not overloaded. And more that if you make a small change in the enforcer design, so that the model does not look completely standard from old UT game. A small mix with UT3 enforcer. Not in the design itself, but in the location of the ammo cartridge. Make not a vertical cartridge, but with a small inclination (30-35 degrees left). A cartridge that looks strong built-in without breaking the current design. Visually everything is the same, but do something that distinguishes this weapon from the usual "standard UT" pistol, more like "Unreal UT" pistol as possible. I do not think that such a cartridge will make a model ugly or less "straight and technical". Really I like current model it done well but it still "green pistol model" from old UT. I think that you can make it more interesting and not such "monophonic".

Or a bit exotic but unreal variant - the enforcer has 2 cartridges that are disposed axially Z, also 30-35 degrees left and right. And all functional things (flashlight or lazer pointer) in the middle. 40-50 bullets on board well substantiated by using two cartridges. But in this variant the piatol may look too strange or even a bit ugly, execept on cartridge. But with two cartriges may looks more massive and unreal.
    Last edited by Andriushka; 07-24-2017, 07:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm really looking forward to weapon skins/models being properly implemented, i.e. being sold on the marketplace. This kind of thing is awesome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What I love about the UT99 enforcer is that it looked like a chunky, milled piece steel. Like a Desert Eagle mixed with a Mk 23

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something about the rounder Gooba/Tidal one had something that emulated the original (something Gooba is good at), about the essence of the gun, that I feel is missing in this newer one. It may be that it is too busy, and has too much stuff going on. The beauty of the original UT weapons was that while they were detailed and had a lot of physical parts going on, they never felt busy or intrusive. They seemed intrinsically simple, which helped fit the military-style weapons (As military weapons tent to lean on being rugged and reliable more than any other factor). The original UT and the Gooba one look easy to just reach out and grab per say.

Maybe it is also missing that "chunky" feel that makes the original look powerful. Either way, I think this could use some more refinement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post
    Shout out to Fartuess' enforcer model which needs to be on the workshop ASAP

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...er-Model/page4

Jesus, now that's really really good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
    Someone should update the name of the thread with "Enforcer - V2 COMPLETE​".
    what for when this thread isn't about the Enforcer V2 model (from its start)?

The official V2 model got leaked in this thread, it wasn't displayed officially by anyone of the dev team. IIRC only the build release thread has the discussion about the Enforcer model, or the blog post. Occasionally unofficial threads do have similar discussion. Instead of renaming, creating a new one would be more suited.

But who are we all talking to ...
    Chris Perna
    Unreal Tournament Developer

Last Activity: 05-23-2016 06:00 PM
    Last edited by RattleSN4K3; 12-11-2016, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone should update the name of the thread with "Enforcer - V2 COMPLETE​".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Prodigy613 View Post

Channeling Unreal 1's Automag are we?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chonglee View Post
    Personally I don't really like the new one, nor the old one. If I have to choose I prefer the old one as it has a simpler shape, which could be very cool if you make it feel alien (not organically alien), then it will start to feel like what belongs to Unreal.
    Both versions look just like a weapon could be in some other scifi shooters, which is a little bit boring, to be honest.
    Plus both are lack of that blood lusting feeling. Not saying the UT99 enforcer had it but at least it looked like a weapon had been used in many many combats, not a brand new toy.

But anyway, let iteration comes!
    The UT99 Enforcer hardly looked alien at all... But I agree on what you said about the Enforcer needing to look used. Stylistically that's also part of what made Star Wars so iconic - in the 70s the great majority of sci-fi and space films and series had really sleek and squeaky clean sets and props. Suddenly you had this film that (aside from being quite well paced, neatly written and fun, and one that has an interesting premise) features things that actually age and decay over time; and it's so much more convincing that way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally I don't really like the new one, nor the old one. If I have to choose I prefer the old one as it has a simpler shape, which could be very cool if you make it feel alien (not organically alien), then it will start to feel like what belongs to Unreal.
    Both versions look just like a weapon could be in some other scifi shooters, which is a little bit boring, to be honest.
    Plus both are lack of that blood lusting feeling. Not saying the UT99 enforcer had it but at least it looked like a weapon had been used in many many combats, not a brand new toy.

But anyway, let iteration comes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yup, I personally like this new one. There are just some issues, though. It seems the model is too near to the first person camera. Then, in third person, when a player shoots in dual Enforcer mode, you can see that muzzleflashes appear only from the gun on the right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
    I like the new enforcer very much. It has angular shapes, definitely more enforcer-ish.
    OMG, hi-ban likes the Enforcer! I have to agree, this is the most Enforcer-ish weapon bearing the name since the UT1 Enforcer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BloodShot View Post
    We still need the gangsta firemode though, the burst is pretty lame in terms of actual feedback
    I think UT3 Enforcer burst was quite nice. What's your opinion?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    I'm sorry to say this but the previous model by TidlBlast looked better imho.

The new design look like a generic, real pistol. Not UT

I don't understand why Epic is putting time and effort on something that is final instead of working on things that are needed??????? Other weapons are still missing, ammos, health pickups, armors, character skins, etc...

Not really, the last design looked like a generic futuristic pistol, this one looks way more like an evolution of the enforcer or automag from Unreal 1 and UT99, with a bit of warhammer 40k spliced in. Curvature is the laziest way to make something look futuristic.

We still need the gangsta firemode though, the burst is pretty lame in terms of actual feedback

Leave a comment:

Working...
X