X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bring back the springs

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post

done a bit more. I will EVENTUALLY work on the handle and the magazine next time....

Vey Nice work Kazeo!
      the hydraulics are better then the springs (they are like an old element in a tech gun.)
      the counter is nicely tucked away.
      The cables running from the counter are better placed now.
      the air vents at the rear look great
      the tubing at the rear looks good (needs some tweaking tbh)
      the clips holding the flak shell look great.
      the screw on caps capping off the hydraulics look great

the power on button? i'm not sure what that does there.. ditch that.

Yeah, this is THE flak allright.
      BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
      DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord

Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

IMHO a lot better without the springs.
        And funny, but I quite like the white look. Make it a little more dirty and its perfect

Comment

Funny how people claim that it looks like the rocket launcher, while no proper rocket launcher design has been made yet.

Keep up the good work, it looks fantastic
          Last edited by Avalanche._; 09-08-2014, 07:35 AM.
          Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

I am very impressed with your creativity

Keep it up

Comment

some tweaking, and now every part is modeled to some degree!

Comment

Better feedback using top view!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flack9 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	330324
                The feedback is aimed at improving the first person model view!
                Last edited by darksinn3r; 09-08-2014, 05:47 AM.
                Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
                Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

Impressive!

I love the spring on the third piston.

I'd make the front grip a bit larger and sturdier looking, maybe make it looking a bit grippier, too. Also add a second one on the other side and connect them both at the bottom to a single large triangle structure, which also acts like a bi-pod if it is put on the ground without the magazine.

Honestly I'm still unsure if that's exactly the Flak I'd like to see in UT4, but if Epic asked me if I'd vote for it, I'd do.

Comment

hi,

from a designer point of view i would say that it is too messy. you have everything in there. there are round shapes, curves, angles, all kinds of materials, while there is no flow within the concept.
                    if you have a look at the sideview, the front and back do not really suit each other. there is no constant within the design, no harmony yet.

but you have some nice parts in there you could build upon: i really like the back/side part. it is modern, clean and it plays with covers and still allows a sneak peak at the tech beyond. this should be the entire idea behind the design of the flak cannon imo.

Comment

Originally posted by duffte View Post
                      hi,

from a designer point of view i would say that it is too messy. you have everything in there. there are round shapes, curves, angles, all kinds of materials, while there is no flow within the concept.
                      if you have a look at the sideview, the front and back do not really suit each other. there is no constant within the design, no harmony yet.

but you have some nice parts in there you could build upon: i really like the back/side part. it is modern, clean and it plays with covers and still allows a sneak peak at the tech beyond. this should be the entire idea behind the design of the flak cannon imo.

This Flak is an industrial piece of art, so the details are justified, but I tend to agree with duffte a bit. It seems a little messy at times. Some parts, like the ones holding the pistons in the front part seem a bit riddled with details. I wonder what tech is there to have so much knobs and pieces there, seems more just like holdings for the pistons.

The barrel must have details, because my theory is that it is a rail gun coil that magnetically accelerates the large Flak bullet (no rifle principe), so it is good to have some complicated details there.

The rear seems okay and everything else is great I think.

Comment

Man! The feedback that you guys give is so awesome. An artist could only dream of receiving such quick, detailed suggestions and criticism. I've been puting-off the over-detailed side-bits on the barrel as 'just fine' but really, I can't stand it either: but re-doing it will take a TON of work. It WILL happen, but later. I've put in more hours on this over the weekend than I expected to, it may be a while before my next update, maybe even a week or so. For now, please: keep the suggestions coming. Maybe paint-overs to suggest how to ' clean' it up. I am honoured to have such a popular thread here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsu View Post

Lose the handlebar/brake thingy and the plate and display stuff at the grip and downscale 10-15% overall, and this could be it. Great work.
                          Listen to me I'm from the internet.
                          Please keep a version with the handle brake thingy, release as a mod/skin later on.
                          It's just very unique, sophisticated equipment also breaks sometimes so sometimes it requires some last minute "practical" repairs.

Comment

Pretty Impressive.

Comment

Could you try to move the lower handle+magazine+trigger part a little bit more to the front? Or would that cause issues?

I mean like this:

Also, in the previous screenshot you had this little knob thing on the back of the gun which made it look like a cannon, but you removed it now, it was pretty cool :c
                              Attached Files
                              Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

This is begining to look freakin' awesome. This is AAA quality. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X