This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post

I tried this. I definately can see the plus-sides. What do you guys like more, this or the UT99 version?

PS: some screws were lost in translation....
    THIS.

WOW!!!!!! Now it's starting to look much more like a weapon and MUCH less like an engine. In all honesty, I think this is the model for UT4 with some slight modification. It has a mostly clean design with some vents and bolts on the side which really bring out the mechanical detail of the weapon and I love the pressure springs on the side and really want to see those properly animated moving back and forward with the firing of the weapon. Great work, top notch!

One criticism I do have is that I'm not a huge fan of the microcomputer (is that what that is?) on top. It kinda sticks out like a sore thumb especially looking at the weapon from the front side.

Man that is looking sexy 9/10 what could easily be 10/10 with some great texture work. I wonder what this thing would look like after going through "Substance"....

*Calling all Epic Devs* *Calling all Epic Devs*
    Last edited by Quadj130; 09-02-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I tried this. I definately can see the plus-sides. What do you guys like more, this or the UT99 version?

This much better!

PS: some screws were lost in translation....
      Screw them!

Comment

that screen is not finished, and many components are not finished. I still will have a plating system, a handle and a side-grip that will need to be implemented.

Here is a screenshot of the unfinished, unpolished parts to give you a better idea of how it will look and shape.

Comment

OMG it looks new but familiar at the same time! I like this version a LOT!
          Please don’t forget tomorrow to post a rough first person view. I would like to see how v2 and v3 look from first person!

In my opinion the next steps can go like this:
          1) Experiment towards reducing/replacing the three plates "holding" the barrel.
          2) Try to round the edges below the pistons (with the 2 and 2 bolts/screws) . Maybe this part needs to be completely removed, don’t know atm how it effects the fp view. Will decide when I see the fp view.
          3) The bottom part of the barrel needs to be cleaned. Too much clatter due to the rotation, don’t know how it affects the fp view. Again more on this after fp view.

p.s latter or tomorrow will post about the grip and handle. btw if you see it now pls loose the side handle :P it obstructs fp view.

This for now...lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	flakHand.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	330249
          Last edited by darksinn3r; 09-02-2014, 07:30 PM.
          Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
          Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

Sweet! I definitely prefer this over your first screenshots. It's starting to get an own feel and look. I'm looking forward to where you will take this once the unfinished parts are modelled out!
            S l y .

Comment

I'm a much bigger fan of the first one, both look bad *** though! Really captures the essence of the flak cannon. I hope a model similar to these make it into the game.

Comment

That is one big, vicious monster. This is gonna be great I just hope someone manages to come up with a sound that's as angry and industrial as this looks.

I always loved the flak cannon the most, my second was the pulsegun.
                Last edited by snotlord; 09-02-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Wow, that looks badass! I still prefer the first version though :P

Comment

I'm quite torn between the two variants. At the moment, the pistons are oriented at a 35° tilt, I may flatten it out to ~20° to sort of compromise between the two variants... I'm liking the feedback, guys! Thanks so much for all the input!

To clear things up; the side handle will be a bicycle style handle that is slightly bent in the centre. It will have a squeeze-style lever that will operate the hydraulic pistons, so squeezing the handle will (in the animation at least) bring the barrel and chamber closer to the firing mechanism. It does not obstruct FP view at all.

Comment

Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Echoing Barktooth, staleturd, and some other guys in here -- I think the first design (v2 where you altered the ammo clip) is much cleaner and gives off a better impression of raw power than the second design. I'm just very partial to that broad-shouldered design, whereas the one with the angled compression/vents (or whatever they would be called) has a more uneven mix of clean / detail and the overall shape is compacted in a way that doesn't speak towards the character of the gun.

Seriously fantastic work so far though.
                        Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Wow this flak cannon is the best one I've seen yet! I liked it so much I couldn't wait to see it yellow so I did a quick photoshop, hope you don't mind.

Comment

Please show some screenshot from first person view. So far it looks very good.

Comment

Originally posted by nes710 View Post
                              Wow this flak cannon is the best one I've seen yet! I liked it so much I couldn't wait to see it yellow so I did a quick photoshop, hope you don't mind.

Lovely *.*

Comment

Originally posted by darksinn3r View Post
                                Please don’t forget tomorrow to post a rough first person view. I would like to see how v2 and v3 look from first person!
                                Originally posted by Deuss View Post
                                Please show some screenshot from first person view. So far it looks very good.
                                Originally posted by Tidal Blast
                                Would be great to see a proper first person perspective. Because if it is not right. the whole gun won't look good.

This is the FP of the 2K style cannon. most of the progress I've made can be ported over to the 99 version, but I dont want to constantly be swapping between the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X