This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey KazeoHin, long time no see

Didn't post earlier but I was following your thread and I must say, your dev of this weapon is truly amazing. I love your model since the start and it look gorgeous ! I wanted to say congrats, it is well deserved !!!
    Stevie's corner
    My UT4 maps
    Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
      When would you do this? In one scenario, the shell is crushed into shards. In the other, the shell is tossed.
      The shell isn't crushed into shards. The shell is a glorified shotgun shell. Primary fire shoots the shell ( as if it were buckshot) and ejects the shell behind it. Secondary fire lobs the shell itself to act as grenade.

Comment

Originally posted by loleQ View Post
        Just a question - why do you have screw-thread in barrel? Its giving rotation to the bullet, but the projectile from Flak is not spining! This goes against physics
        Anyway, i like this Flak look! Good job, just remove screw-thread
        Someone's already replied to this, but the screw-thread ( actually called rifling) imparts angular momentum onto the bullet which'll create gyroscopic stability and basically make the thing more aerodynamic. You are correct that it shouldn't have rifling for the flak shards - same reason why shotguns are almost never rifled. However, the secondary fire of the weapon ejects the shell itself, which I guess rifling would help stabilise.

Comment

What about animations? I want to propose something like Flak is unfolding from retracted position to it's "ready to fire" position when drawing it for first time / after pick up. Animation should be like slow enough to notice it's unfolding, and just right fast to get in action asap. Whats Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
            Paintball guns have two fire modes with one trigger...
            How do they work? I'm honestly curious. Slight pull is one and strong pull is another?

Comment

This was so much work. I cannot express how glad I am to know this has been officially accepted by Epic. Really great work! Your style and shapes are really awesome. Something really original and UT has been made. Congrats hero! Thank you for your hard work.
              Last edited by codexe; 10-17-2014, 12:34 PM.
              I love Unreal, and I love art. Being in paradise..

Comment

Originally posted by phoraxx View Post
                What about animations? I want to propose something like Flak is unfolding from retracted position to it's "ready to fire" position when drawing it for first time / after pick up. Animation should be like slow enough to notice it's unfolding, and just right fast to get in action asap. Whats Your thoughts?
                I was thinking about the same thing for my model, actually. Personally, I liked how in Mass Effect your guns would mechanically transform into a compact form ideal for storage, then unfold when you pull 'em out. I'm just afraid that that animation alone would make the gun look kind of fragile, which is not really UT style. It's not manly enough.
                Check out my work!
                | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                | Localization

Comment

Very happy to make this official and sticky! <3
                  Stacey Conley
                  -----------------------------
                  Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                  Epic Games, Inc.
                  Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                    Very happy to make this official and sticky! <3
                    Awesome! I'll edit the first post to sum up the thread later. Thanks for all the support everyone!

Comment

Congrats Kazeo! Can't wait to see how this looks in-game

Comment

i love KazeoHin-TechAE Flak !

but, i have see divvrent versions on this tread, why can we not have different flag's with different explosions and different projectile's
                        so KazeoHin-TechAE offizially and the other flak's maybe for server owners as add ons ?

UE4UT-Rocket-Flak.(zip).ue4weapon
                        UE4UT-stone-Flak.(zip).ue4weapon

and so on ..

best regards
                        blacky

Comment

Hey guys, sorry about the lack of visible progress, I am working in the low poly model, but it will be a while yet before it is worth showing off. Unfortunately UV mapping and face extruding just isn't that sexy of a thing to show off. It's been a while since I've done hard surface low-poly work, I'm pretty sure that my MSUC maps for UT3 were the last time I made anything like this for a game engine. Since then I got into shaders and characters, plants, and generally things that aren't bolted together. It's a lot of fun to remember my old techniques while applying new experience.

If anyone wants to do any concept paintovers of how they would want the final, textured model to turn out, please do! I don't want the community to think I've locked anyone out, and I'm open to ideas on the final texture.

Comment

I hope i'm not too late.

Attached Files
                            Unofficial Enforcer Model
                            Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Unfortunately, the time for geometry tweaking is over. That's not to say your points aren't valid, or that the model is perfect, but at some point I have to move onto the next phase of the design. I'm looking now for ideas and paintovers for the final texture/material.

Comment

I would love to give the texturing paintover a shot if I have the time... Any chance we could get some higher resolution shots of the firstperson view for that?
                                Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X