Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries, Kazeo. The last build of this year comes out today, and then it's still another 2 weeks before the next build. Not saying it has to be done by then, but it might take some stress of your back knowing no one is expecting a release right away.

Anyway, stay strong, enjoy the holidays!
    Also known as Nesgee.

Green and Yellow Flag concepts

Comment

a bit more exciting look at the lowpoly progress.

Comment

great! at which percentage do you think we are in regard to have this bad boy in the engine?

Comment

Originally posted by piemo View Post
          great! at which percentage do you think we are in regard to have this bad boy in the engine?
          I'll say we're about 20% through the entire process, but in terms of just getting the art finished, and into the engine, closer to 35%. I'm being a bit conservative in my estimates because I have a feeling that UV mapping and normal baking this thing is going to be a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
            I'll say we're about 20% through the entire process, but in terms of just getting the art finished, and into the engine, closer to 35%. I'm being a bit conservative in my estimates because I have a feeling that UV mapping and normal baking this thing is going to be a nightmare.
            What address should I use for the pallet delivery of Keurig K-cups?
            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

:::wipes forehead::: Not done, this is just a test run of the incomplete geometry...

But I'm seeing maya's interface when I close my eyes.... need sleep...

Comment

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

:::wipes forehead::: Not done, this is just a test run of the incomplete geometry...

But I'm seeing maya's interface when I close my eyes.... need sleep...
                All I can say is great work m8

Now, take some rest !!!
                Stevie's corner
                My UT4 maps
                Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

man, i'd offer you a beer!

Comment

That is very GREAT and accurate work right there. Get some well deserved break from it!

But man it's going to be hard to get used to those brackets around the handle as I'm like "why can any1 thinking it does NOT look excessive xD". IMO would look many times cooler without them especially when seeing the weapon for pickup seeing that handle clearly from the side would certainly make it feel more powerful but I'm also thinking of the clipping issues it will cause with various characters' hands and how it makes it feel like, is it that fragile so it needs extra protection? A fragile built handle for the Flak Cannon, WUT?
                    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 12-23-2014, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Low is making great progress KazeoHin-TechAE! If you need any help let me know. You can also hand off whatever you have and I will get the proto mesh in engine like I did for the Enforcers.
                      Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                      Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                      Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                        Low is making great progress KazeoHin-TechAE! If you need any help let me know. You can also hand off whatever you have and I will get the proto mesh in engine like I did for the Enforcers.
                        I may do that. I still need to UV map this thing, and clean up some unnecessary geometry, but if you guys are happy to have a basic proto-mesh I can send through the WIP.

Also, I'll see if I can send the high-poly as well, just so there is a backup in case my house explodes or something!

I'm not able to get to my PC for a while, though.

Comment

Also, I'll see if I can send the high-poly as well, just so there is a backup in case my house explodes or something!
                          Dude I can set you up with some cloud storage backup space if you need it.
                          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Absolutely! I'll take whatever you got regardless of what state it is in. We are trying to replace all of the old UT3 weapons as fast as possible with new prototypes so hand off whatever you want and I'll take care of getting it cleaned up and in engine. It would be great to have a copy of the hi poly as well just in case you need any help finishing the unwrap & process.
                            Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                            Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                            Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

a bit of an update! I've got two full days to spend on working this flak, the first day is nearly over, but I'm making awesome progress. I'm nearly done UVing and making tweaks here and there.

This shot shows a test normal map bake, its baked at half-resolution (the final will most likely have 4x the per-pixel resolution, but it shows the sort of workflow I'm aiming for. These test bakes are great, because the lower resolution helps expose any areas that need work, or changes of sorts.

You should see more updates soon!

Comment

What software do you use to bake it? I'm wondering because last time I tried baking for UE4 when I was working on my Pulse Gun model I couldn't avoid minor mismatched tangent space issues.
                                ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Working...
                                X