This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
    Weapons in the game will look as if he was dragged from the landfill? You kind of want to do everything sterile clean)))
    Оружие и в игре будет выглядеть так, будто его вытащили со свалки? Вы же вроде хотели сделать всё стерильно чистым)))
    A clean option would be nice. I prefer my weapons clean too, or at least not so dirty. Also with it being that dirty you would think there would be blood on it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal Gladiator View Post
      A clean option would be nice. I prefer my weapons clean too, or at least not so dirty. Also with it being that dirty you would think there would be blood on it. lol
      I'm going to go for a more "used goods" wear and scuff, not quite as drastic as Goob's and Perna's interpretation. I'm open to suggestions, of course!

Comment

Those renders are unbelievable. Really 10/10.

There's only a little feedback I dare to give you ( :P ) and that would be adding a little rust on the plates. Beside that It's the best game weapon I've ever seen. KazeoHin-TechAE Designed and realized that all by himself, without any direction by nobody. Man you are a beast. I've never been amazed at weapons design but this...its on another whole level.

Comment

12/10 - My jaw hit the floor.......... I know what Flaks new desktop is! I don't think this weapon could have come out better, GJ guys.
          UT4: CTF-Defiance, CTF-Melt.
          Epic - This video made me smile: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6418948/
          "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal Gladiator View Post
            +1
            Good Job!
            Last edited by JustinM; 01-29-2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

AWESOME !!!!

What FirebornForm will say ? :P

Comment

Keep in mind those were just Keyshot renders that Perna did for fun. Once the weapon is finished and in the engine the material system will be super flexible and modular as we have discussed. We can definitely have a skin that is similar to those renders but we will also have the ability for all different kinds of Flak skins/textures. Everything from super clean to super grungy like the render.
                Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                  Keep in mind those were just Keyshot renders that Perna did for fun. Once the weapon is finished and in the engine the material system will be super flexible and modular as we have discussed. We can definitely have a skin that is similar to those renders but we will also have the ability for all different kinds of Flak skins/textures. Everything from super clean to super grungy like the render.
                  Will weapons have some randomness to it? Like for example the flak cannon is very dirty in this picture. It would maybe be interesting to have different levels of dirty, or not dirty at all in for example maps where there isn't any dirt. And in other weapon cases have some scratches.

Comment

Absolutely! Different weapons skins and different levels of wear and tear for each skin will be super easy to implement!
                    Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                    Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                    Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                      Absolutely! Different weapons skins and different levels of wear and tear for each skin will be super easy to implement!
                      wow.. thats awsome!

Comment

Wow, this thread has come a long way while I was sitting my exams (I still do). I wish I could've done some progress on my flak No point in continuing anymore I guess. Maybe I'll create a complete custom weapon skin pack, once the game is out (or at least some free mod tools). For now, I think I'll try my luck with the minigun, RL or the sniper.\

As for the dirt/blood, It should be a very easy toggle in the settings. It's just an overlay texture, which you could toggle on or off. In the case of blood, it would be interesting if we could see the blood splatter on the guns when we shoot someone from point-blank range (much like in Serious Sam 3 on the double barreled shotgun). This could also be toggled with the gore option.

Oh and congrats on that UT Contributor tag
                        Check out my work!
                        | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                        | Localization

Comment

Wear could appear during playing, so after 10 minutes in the game weapons would look worn. Next map everything is new again, and is worn by the time the next map cycles.

Comment

Incredible.

Don't need more words

Comment

Originally posted by Impuredeath View Post
                              Will weapons have some randomness to it? Like for example the flak cannon is very dirty in this picture. It would maybe be interesting to have different levels of dirty, or not dirty at all in for example maps where there isn't any dirt. And in other weapon cases have some scratches.
                              This is actually a really interesting sounding idea to me. When you pick up the Flak it has a random skin with different amounts of grime on it.
                              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Psychomorph View Post
                                Wear could appear during playing, so after 10 minutes in the game weapons would look worn. Next map everything is new again, and is worn by the time the next map cycles.
                                This. Would be really cool to show the player, which weapons he uses a lot. A really subtle feedback system.

Comment

Working...
                                X