Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flak Cannon - V1 COMPLETE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by YemYam View Post
    Congrats again KazeoHin for being on the final stretch of getting this wrapped up. Incredible work! Here is your hi poly model with the Keyshot render treatment by Perna. He had a blast creating these renders so I hope you all like them!







    That's some sick stuff, 100/10

    Comment


      looks spot on! as a flak monkey I am more than impressed.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Psychomorph View Post
        Wear could appear during playing, so after 10 minutes in the game weapons would look worn. Next map everything is new again, and is worn by the time the next map cycles.
        Now that would be sweet! Like the windshield getting dirty over time in a racing sim.
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

        Comment


          This is really amazing stuff. Nice work Kaz and OMG those renders are just too sexy ^_^

          Really looking forward to getting this in game.
          MyArtstation
          @jayoplus

          Comment


            I too like the dynamic wear/blood splat idea.

            Comment


              When will the high poly model make it into a build?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Specter_ View Post
                When will the high poly model make it into a build?
                Never, the high- poly model is for rendering purposes only, and the low-poly model uses the geometric details of the high-poly mesh in the final game. That model is close to completion, but who knows how many iterations it will go through before it's considered final.

                Comment


                  Speaking of the high and low poly models, will you have to model each individual LOD or will the engine do that?
                  Zacc

                  Comment


                    You know that old saying "So close you can taste it?"

                    That's me right now...

                    Comment


                      Hey KazeoHin! That's freakin awesome! Have you ever textured with the new UE4 material system? We are ok with texturing it here as there are some weird stuffs that you have to jump through. The biggest thing we need when you process the files is RGB breakout masks. So basically everything you want yellow metal paint you would make Red, everything dark metal Green, everything chrome Blue, etc. You can also put a color breakout in the alpha channel. If you need additional material breakouts you can make a second mask with an additional 4 mat breakouts (RGB & Alpha). All of the grime, scratches, etc. are made via masks. We also need to setup stuff for the customizable materials, decals, etc. If you aren't sure of any of those then I can process additional maps for you. Let me know if you need any help or have any questions wrapping it up!
                      Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                      Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                      Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

                      My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                        Never, the high- poly model is for rendering purposes only, and the low-poly model uses the geometric details of the high-poly mesh in the final game. That model is close to completion, but who knows how many iterations it will go through before it's considered final.
                        So how close will the final model look to these renders

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                          Hey KazeoHin! That's freakin awesome! Have you ever textured with the new UE4 material system? We are ok with texturing it here as there are some weird stuffs that you have to jump through. The biggest thing we need when you process the files is RGB breakout masks. So basically everything you want yellow metal paint you would make Red, everything dark metal Green, everything chrome Blue, etc. You can also put a color breakout in the alpha channel. If you need additional material breakouts you can make a second mask with an additional 4 mat breakouts (RGB & Alpha). All of the grime, scratches, etc. are made via masks. We also need to setup stuff for the customizable materials, decals, etc. If you aren't sure of any of those then I can process additional maps for you. Let me know if you need any help or have any questions wrapping it up!
                          That's definitely a different method than what I was doing, I was planning on having the final PBR maps flattened and used in engine as-is; I'll see if I can send you what I have and we can talk about methodology to see the best route to take... I don't want to waste time making stuff you guys can't use!

                          Originally posted by HTran7228 View Post
                          So how close will the final model look to these renders
                          If everything goes according to plan: it should look better.

                          Comment


                            Yea, if you go the flattened route then we can't do any of the texture customization stuff. We want to go with the material breakouts then we will be able to do all sorts of cool tricks. We have a master material that we will be plugging all of the weapons into that control all kinds of crazy stuff. It's very different from UE3 materials. The main maps we need are:

                            Normal
                            Ambient Occlusion
                            RGB material breakouts

                            Sometimes we use additional maps but we can process or produce additional ones as needed. If you send me the final hi poly process file and low poly assembled file I can do the initial setup. Once it is all in engine it will be easy for you to go back in and produce custom grime, scratch, weather, etc. You will also be able to create your own custom paint scheme if you like.
                            Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                            Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                            Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

                            My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

                            Comment


                              Well, in that case: the model is **** near done! I'll see if I can send you the files as soon as I get to my PC.

                              Edit: just to clarify: will small details such as fabric texture, scratches, dents, whatnot be required for the normal map, or are those details added in UE4 via masking?
                              Last edited by KazeoHin-TechAE; 02-03-2015, 06:30 PM.

                              Comment


                                Just as the Shock, the Flak looks plain awesome. Great stuff. Have to admit, I even like the black/grey more then the iconic yellow one

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X