This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    not sure if this is the place to suggest this but I think it might be kind of cool if there were options to change the image on the flak cannon ball secondary fire. I loved the ut99 smiley face and also think the face currently used is awesome. Its always hilarious when you get a perfect flak ball to the face and see the image up close right before you get fragged. What I think would add to the fun and surprise is instead of the smiley face an image of a hand giving the bird or a word like "pwnt" or "duck!" could used in its place. Maybe players could insert there own message limited to a short number of characters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What i still miss in game is the red and steaming pieces of shell that bounce and roll on the floor making this heavy scrap metal sound, so that you get more of a heavy machinery feeling.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have to agree. Pink camo was the best in tactical game unlocks lol !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The pink skin should be featured as an Easter Egg!!! xD
    IT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    grey one is dope but yellow is classic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by YemYam View Post
    Congrats again KazeoHin for being on the final stretch of getting this wrapped up. Incredible work! Here is your hi poly model with the Keyshot render treatment by Perna. He had a blast creating these renders so I hope you all like them!

Really love the details and the 3d model of the FLAK. But seeing the new messages that followed, it looks like people want a mix of colors, or a orangy weird tone. I'd love to see a real pure yellow, just like in UT99.
    What do you guys think ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed a small issue in in-game model, maybe it's already known (at least I not met it's mention in the last 5 pages), but anyway.
    This issue only in weapon pickup model.

Spoiler
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy hell that is one awesome looking Flak Cannon, a real throwback to the design of the UT99 version (which I still love to this day) I just hope the weapon is equally as deadly as it is in UT99, a unarmoured opponent hit by this bad boy from point blank range or hit square on with a flak grenade should be instantly dead and gibbed!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That reminds me of the BFG from the Doom series

Opps...did I refer to another game? I should get flakked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
    I saw textured flak shell. I just have one crit. Painting shell back is kinda inefficient part in production while flak cannon is very industrial and raw weapon. I would think that instead painting Liandri logo could be added by stamping it in soft metal (indentation in bump map).
    It's not a bad idea. Personally, I would paint the internal places of the stamp, using a scraped paining effect. It's a sort of blend between your idea and the current build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I saw textured flak shell. I just have one crit. Painting shell back is kinda inefficient part in production while flak cannon is very industrial and raw weapon. I would think that instead painting Liandri logo could be added by stamping it in soft metal (indentation in bump map).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
    Hey thanks! The Flak was actually the first weapon Ive modelled in 7 years, so I guess it was kind of a fluke that it became so popular! That said, I've got some cool ideas for an Impact Hammer that I'd like to flesh out, but in truth the weapon subforum is in no shortage of tallent. I'd like to see other parts of the game art get the same community attention as the weapons have. That's why I've put a bit of my time into cosmetics and characters.
    I don't have any 3D modelling skills, infact I'll attend a course on the next February. However, I could design some new characters that I would like to show you. All I can do is to draw the concept on paper.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by YemYam View Post
    The Flak will definitely get more polish on the materials and animations! Have a few misc tasks on my plate then will do a round of polish on the new weapons.
    Yeah, The brass material missing in the shell looks like it was just an accident, as the material network is there, set up, just not connected! Should take all of 2 minutes to fix up. I'm not worried.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Flak will definitely get more polish on the materials and animations! Have a few misc tasks on my plate then will do a round of polish on the new weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The shell still looks like it's made of some generic metal, can we try out the brass or something more shiny? Also agree with Krenum, the Flak isn't positioned very nicely in the view - I think you shouldn't be able to see the back part of it. It should be moved back so only the front part is able to be seen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X