No announcement yet.

The Unofficial Enforcer Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This concept looks fantastic! Could be useful for the Unreal singleplayer maps being recreated in UE4. Check it out in the Work In Progress section of the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
      @Psychomorph
      I cant come up with any rail replacement. Magnetic rail is too sophisticated for simple and straightforward enforcer, and it is less reliable. Any microstructure surfaces or micromechanisms for holding are also less reliable. Apparently nothing beats good old rail in what it does. I can throw rail away completely... If you have ideas - i'm listening.

For retro-boxy look. I was actually aiming to make it look that way. UT'99 is now looking retro 90s. I don't want to go too much into modernizing it to prevent it from looking lik any other pistol in s-f game.
      I think you should continue with the style you were aiming for. It gives off an old military vibe. Just because it looks old school doesn't make it any less effective or versatile as any futuristic weapon. Take for example the AK-47. One of the most popular rifles in the world today and it is over half a century old! Why, because it is cheap, tried, and true. What they do iterate on is ammunition. The ammo itself gets better and more efficient. This doesn't have to be different because the enforcer is a tried and true weapon. I'd like to see variation in ammo types for this gun, especially if its included in an Unreal remake/reimagination ;-). Sure you can make minor improvements like Psychomorph suggested, but don't stray too far from your original goal. Your model looks awesome, especially in first person compared to the current one.

Btw, I do like Psychomorph's version of the thumb safety.

Anyways, keep the vibe going!
      a.k.a Gunner77

Comment

Keep the direction, it looks awesome. Rail is good, I just thought it could be given a slight altered look, but it's fine as it is. Many will love that version of the Enforcer.

Comment

So happy to see this concept get fleshed out in 3D, simply beautiful. If I might make a suggestion: the slide should go back far enough to allow the large round to slide into the chamber, as it seems there wouldn't be enough room for it to fit.

Comment

Awesome job Fartuess. This will make a great weapon for the Marketplace. I'd dig having more retro versions of all the weapons in the game. More weapons, more variety, more choices the better!
            Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
            Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
            Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

@Psychomorph
              I can think about different rail profile. I already made it a bit different from current standards
              @HiddenAlias
              Eh, uh... ok i will try to figure it out.

And i thought that i have High Poly and Low Poly finished :/

Edit:
              @HiddenAlias
              Assuming tip of round is spiked - it fits exactly. If not then it can't change it angles while getting into the chamber and it wont fit. Checked in Maya.
              Last edited by Fartuess; 02-09-2015, 04:45 PM.
              Unofficial Enforcer Model
              Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

I think i can call bakes finished. I fought with it for too long. Anyway here are the screens. I still have to learn my own baking pipeline.

Attached Files

Comment

Very promising!!!
                  I like the bulkiness and the sturdy look... I can imagine, if you run out of bullets can you throw this weapon at your opponents head and deal a good amount of damage
                  ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

The "edgy" design fits UT very well, maybe the official design and this one can be combined in parts...making the official one more edgy looking.

Comment

Looks quite good apart the 2bumps on the grip.

That detail looks cheap you may better and easily do it in texturing.

This let you to iterate a lot on that and some other details in a faster way as baking is quite a slow process.

Spend more time on low poly and edit its vertex normals to look just good without normal maps.

Look at weapons in my signature gallery no one has been baked from hipoly.

Comment

@DeadlineProof
                        I will do some sculpting there. I intended to make it look like from soft material.

Comment

What do you use for sculpting?

For the finer details take also in consideration the use of layered material/ detail normal mapping as it seems to be the trend instead to sculpt them in the main normal.

Comment

Mudbox, because it's free for students and i rarely need advanced software for sculpting. I'm focusing rather on traditional 3D modelling.

Comment

Very promising. I am looking forward to see your progress on this! Nice to see some fresh, but traditional content.

Comment

I also do prefer this version to the official one. More aggressive, more like the first enforcer, cleaner imho.

@YemYam: is there a way there are multiple stock versions of the guns ? Or maybe have this model be the second enforcer when you dual wield ?
                                RASTE IN PEACE !
                                Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                                Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Working...
                                X