Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Concept Art] Rocket Launcher

Hey everyone!

Thought I should post this in both sections. I started working on the Rocket Launcher again this week. It has been difficult to balance all the requirements for the weapon while still making it look like a face-melting-rocket-launcher.

The jet nozzle/iris will close after the barrel is loaded, and the vented panels have the ability to raise out of the barrel if the UT3 style animation is desired.

I added the three LEDs' to indicate how many rockets are loaded. It would be set to the moment each rocket is fire-able, so if you were to fire it would shoot the number of rockets indicated. I'm not sure if anyone else had problems with that, but sometimes I had trouble in UT3 with knowing exactly when the next rocket was considered loaded and would fire too soon.

Let me know what you guys think!

Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Wow brilliant! I'm digging the jet engine nozzles! Can't wait to see further iterations of this.

Comment

What would you like to see done better/differently in future iterations?

Comment

Divine rocket launcher! And more in the style of Unreal Tournament 2004 !!! Just please leave it so, do not freak out like it did with the Shock Rifle.

Comment

So pretty

Not convinced about the redeemer-like bulkiness tho

Comment

Great Rocket Launcher, my only suggestion would be to make the body of the gun larger, and the rotating barrels a bit shorter, as it seems like right now it doesn't have a very comfortable place to put your second hand to keep the gun up.

Comment

Nice, this is my fav Rocket Launcher concept so far! My personal issue is the shape of the rocket barrels, they seem a bit... spread out and too non-linear to my eye. The front it gets rather tiny looking which hinders the frightening/powerful look if the front of the barrels would be shaped/designed slightly differently not getting tinier and it could be a bit more "together". Also maybe ever so tiny bit shortening the barrels to help give it a more badass look (the long barrels and how tiny it gets especially at the front of the barrels make it lose its "badass" feel, definitely need to address that part somehow). Dunno, not sold on the barrel but for a first iteration this is a very nice starting point and it has the "industrial" orientation in design which I think fits perfectly with UT4.

EDIT: Slightly bit unsure with the rocket ammo casing and how it leans so much towards the right-hand side on the weapon, would probably be a bit PITA from an weapon handling point of view.

+ Industrial look
              + Basic texure/artistic design of the body
              + Jet nozzle design (will allow for cool animation, slight heat wave/smoke anims)
              - Body proportion
              - Barrel design/shape/proportion
              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 10-30-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

AMAZING concept! Only issue I see is that the handling of the weapon should be improved. Have a part of the weapon which extends under the barrel, and have a grip there.
                Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                --Captain Crit

Comment

Would like to see a 1st person view with only one nozzle closed. That would be the standard view I guess, as there is always one rocket loaded. Also a front view would be cool to get a better idea of the general shape of the weapon as it is asymmetrical.

In terms of animations there is a lot going on I guess, reloading, closing/opening nozzle, shooting. Maybe this will end up with too much motion on the gun and distract you, hard to tell at this moment. Surely it would look extremly cool.
                  Last edited by Danielito; 10-30-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The stock I think is awesome. I really like that part of the gun, especially the ammo pickup and how it is integrated into the weapon looks freaking awesome. There is essentially nothing I dislike about that stock.

I can't say I care too much for the barrel. I really disliked how rounded and smoothed the barrels in 2k4 were. I think my primary problem with this barrel might just be that it looks disproportionately huge and has very little "bulk". Hard to say exactly.

I think my favorite iteration of the rocket launcher so far is actually the UC2 launcher (which the UT3 one is a riff on).

UC2 version:
                    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

That being said, I can't say I care much for the stock of any of the old rocket launchers. Another problem is that none of the rocket launchers really share much of the same pieces making it hard to decide what the DNA of the gun actually is.
                    Originally posted by Raixs View Post
                    Divine rocket launcher! And more in the style of Unreal Tournament 2004 !!! Just please leave it so, do not freak out like it did with the Shock Rifle.
                    What so with the Shock you wanted something completely different and now you want something that is more like 2k4?
                    Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 10-30-2014, 03:37 PM.
                    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Sir_Brizz
                      Me have to repeat, as I relate to horizontal barrel?

"Guys, please keep any discussion of the Shock Rifle out of this thread. This thread is meant for feedback on the Rocket Launcher".

Ok.
                      The barrels are too long. Sure, they look like jet engines fighters, but this is not important. Can make them a little shorter? Also You need handle for the second hand. Next to the first handle the case open. This is the electric drive? Maybe we should close it? Or do something like ventilation? This item is sure to be heated, and it is unpleasant for the hands.
                      Last edited by Raixs; 10-30-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Guys, please keep any discussion of the Shock Rifle out of this thread. This thread is meant for feedback on the Rocket Launcher.

Comment

I really like the side view, and the ammo pick up is brilliant. Great idea how you can see where the ammo clips in and how the rockets are loaded. its pretty much perfect.

maybe in 1st person view the ammo clip sticks out too much outwards but thats just being picky.

ammo counter display on it would come in handy too but again just being picky

Great job
                          Join the community Facebook page
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Now we're talking! This is the first rocket launcher design that I can picture in-game. My only question is how do you hold the thing? There doesn't seem to be a grip underneath.

Comment

As for the open parts. I understand that this is UNREAL Tournament. But still. Any manufacturer of weapons is always trying to protect the internal components. He will never leave them open, as if it did not look nice. Dirt, dust, and in this case more blood and meat, can cause problems with the weapon. Need to do the closed structure.

Comment

Working...
                              X