Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact Hammer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [CONCEPT ART] Impact Hammer

    Hey folks, onto the Impact Hammer!

    I had the idea of letting the IH create a shockwave that radiates outward after impact jumping. It could stun or just push back enemies, so it would give you another option of escape if enemies are close by but wouldn't kill.



    Also, I was thinking that if the IH's hammer plate was made of energy, it could blast outwards to create the reflective air burst thing. That's what I was showing in the third concept. Might turn out pretty cool.

    Cheers!

    Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

    #2
    Ooh, awesome, awesome.

    I'd have to pick 3 as my favorite, as like you said, it looks like it can push outwards to make the shield. And it looks like a perfect miners tool turned deadly melee/tool.

    Comment


      #3
      1 and 3 ...2 looks tooo much like an alien power drill with an awkward front plate.
      And I would put the energy hammer plate on the body of the first design, because number 1 looks more powerful ...I like the grip part on both.
      ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

      Comment


        #4
        I think we better get a fire extinguisher because Gooba, you're on fire! I'm liking the front section of 1, it definitely looks like the longer it is, the more powerful it looks. However, the actual striking surface / front plate on 3 is an amazing idea. Can we see what 1 would look like with the energy plate of 3?

        On a side note btw, I'm definitely liking orange as a defining colour for this weapon, it harks back to the history of the weapon and the orange energy plate really brings it up to date.

        Comment


          #5
          I'd like the first one if the front plate was changed. It's kind of weird and reminds me of a Shock rifle concept for some reason xD. Make it more flat with edges slanted towards the back of the weapon, remove the two things on the bottom, and remove the piston cover (it should be fully visible from the top like in the other two concepts).

          Something like this:

          Comment


            #6
            Imo #3 looks best, especially that plate. #1 have a lot in common with #3, i guess best elements might be combined together. I like the sports feel of them, less like mining tool. It is a good thing imo, cuz UT4 should be more like sport. Unfortunately they all look like fragile toy, needs more bulk or something.

            Anyway, this is a great start. Hope to see iterations for #3

            Comment


              #7
              I would love to see the plate of the 3 on top of the body #1.

              I made an image to explain what I mean.

              Comment


                #8
                I am liking this route as well.


                However I think It would be great if spikes would jut out when striking an opponent tearing them apart. Also I think the back handle should probably be more vertical.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Barktooth View Post
                  It's kind of weird and reminds me of a Shock rifle concept for some reason xD.
                  Its no secret you hate the shock rifle but.... you must be at the point where everything reminds you of it. Hopefully you dont get nightmares about getting combo'd.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    These are cool but I really dont think a hand gun trigger works for the hammer. Nearly all of these look like some sort of futuristic hand held powertool but looses the bulky big factor of the original hammers in 99-2k and 3.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      +1 for Gooba and +1 for Piemo. Good job!
                      Unofficial Enforcer Model
                      Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I think that orange color is the way to go for the IH. Not sure about that design yet as it is much too abstract, but a good start for sure. Also the heated plate is a nice touch. Great work!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Unl3ash3D View Post
                          Its no secret you hate the shock rifle but.... you must be at the point where everything reminds you of it. Hopefully you dont get nightmares about getting combo'd.
                          Code187? Must be his alt account.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Great start Gooba! I agree that a trigger seems a little out of place on this weapon, we can have custom hand animations for all the weapons so I think we can get more creative on this one, make it a little more of a physical effort to crank it up. The energy idea is cool but I always envisioned this weapon as the most industrial and hands on weapon of the whole group, just mechanics and metal splattering peeps vs space magic IMHO. Maybe it wasn't even designed to be a weapon, it was just adopted as one when somebody figured out the dual functionality of it. Lastly +1 on the orange, reinforces the industrial vibe.
                            Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                            Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                            Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

                            My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by piemo View Post
                              I would love to see the plate of the 3 on top of the body #1.

                              I made an image to explain what I mean.

                              That's exactly what I did mean in my first post.

                              Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                              Great start Gooba! I agree that a trigger seems a little out of place on this weapon, we can have custom hand animations for all the weapons so I think we can get more creative on this one, make it a little more of a physical effort to crank it up. The energy idea is cool but I always envisioned this weapon as the most industrial and hands on weapon of the whole group, just mechanics and metal splattering peeps vs space magic IMHO. Maybe it wasn't even designed to be a weapon, it was just adopted as one when somebody figured out the dual functionality of it. Lastly +1 on the orange, reinforces the industrial vibe.
                              Hm ...I'll try to come up with an version you described.
                              Should I make an own thread for it?
                              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X