This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    I'm probably making myself look stupid here... but I hope the yellow on the scope and the blue on the ammo will change? Right now it looks like a cartoon sniper rifle with those bright out of character colors and the bright green on the hands.
    Orange will be much better

Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

It is rather amazing how many people don't read before replying.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

LOL Sir Brizz that post was ridiculous.
        work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
          the blue on the ammo
          Easy - blue color it's a Tarydium. It is possible substantiate and play on this.

I don't see anything bad in bright colors. Eventually - UT4 not cartoon style. And main thing - the game should not look gray and boring.

It's - Unreal!

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
            Very good, but this reloading animation is closing all screen view.
            Ya I'm really not a fan of the current animation, it's almost like you're churning butter.
            http://www.youtube.com/DrewTangNYC
            http://www.twitch.tv/drewtang

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
              As far as it not looking exactly like the marmoset viewer it's because it is a different rendering engine, material setup, and most importantly lighting and post processing setup. Things are definitely more complex in UE4 especially if you are making a game that has different environments, lighting situations, rendering considerations and most importantly setting up materials & textures to be easily modded and customized.
              Not detracting from the awesome work that Aberiu put out on this. But just a quick informational question rather. To quickly change the albedo materials - what could the artist do to make that easier for the community end-user (e.g., set-up pre-made masks to include in the master material that affect specific portions of the weapon like the shell casings and optics)? I do not think right now that allowing the end-user to change roughness settings (except perhaps with inclusion of a dust/dirt map that drives the normals as well) is a good idea but . . . perhaps a long-term goal would be implementing those things in a fashion similar to how Allegorithmic's Substance Designer allows you to reveal the parameters in-engine. Just a thought (with massive engineering requirement implications I realize).

Otherwise, as always, awesome work and I am excited to play with this! Also, I want that reload mechanism for my real rifle. It is that awesome, where did that idea come from?
              Last edited by Sigmafie; 08-20-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't answer that because I'm not a tech artist and they will be setting up all of our master shaders & materials. At a higher level I'm not sure how we are going to implement custom skins into the game & marketplace. That's a big thing we are still figuring out.

Ideally if we want to create value with custom skins (so the player base can create their own and sell/trade on the marketplace) then we will need some method that makes is relatively easy to create and generate custom variants but also the ability to "lock" them so the content can't be duplicated/stolen. We will definitely simplify a very complex material/shader setup and only reveal a more limited interface to the end user.

All of these decisions are not mine to make so we are in a bit of limbo in that area. I assume it will be something along the lines of the way Valve does it with CS but I'm not sure. Unfortunately we lost our tech artist to another project so we are waiting to fill that position again then we will resolve this asap.

In the meantime I'm just trying to get as many weapons in the game as possible, get basic materials on them and have everything prepped for when we do create the official implementation & process - for creators and players.

The reload mechanism (and all aspects of the weapon) was all Aberiu working with the community in this thread!

The animation was super wip first pass, we only have one animator and they are doing all of the animations for the entire game, both 1p & 3p. I'll pass along any feedback you all have but he knows it needs some work!
                Sr. Mechanical Modeler, Epic Games
                Unreal Championship 2 - Unreal Tournament 3 - Unreal Tournament 4 - Gears of War 1, 2, & 3 - Gears of War Judgement
                Infinity Blade 3 - Samaritan, Elemental, & Infiltrator Unreal Engine Tech Demos - Fortnite - Super Secret Projects

My Portfolio of Mechy Bittles
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/yemyam/

Comment

The secret big project. Anxious to know what game will it be
                  work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I think he's talking about neoduck, so probably something VR related 8).

Comment

Originally posted by Skaary View Post
                      Easy - blue color it's a Tarydium. It is possible substantiate and play on this.

I don't see anything bad in bright colors. Eventually - UT4 not cartoon style. And main thing - the game should not look gray and boring.

It's - Unreal!
                      I can buy that but not with a TF2 color spectrum
                      HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by YemYam View Post
                        Again, these materials are temp. That's just the way the temp emmissive material is looking in the post process. Model is finished. Materials, animations, fx, audio, etc. all WIP.
                        Read: It's not done yet. When it is done, it won't look like that.

Comment

https://www.flickr.com/photos/unreal...n/photostream/

The Yoko/Gurren Lagann skin is pretty good homage.
                          Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

The left hand looks somehow very "strangled" on the wrist.
                            ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

So, after a pathetic fail with my trip to epic I decided to do some parachute jumping to restore my self-confidence a little bit this weekend. Our plane looked like this (it was blue though), and flying it was pretty scary, but the scariest part was obviously when I had to jump out of it x) I've never experienced anything like this in my life before. Can't say I'm 100% prepared for transatlantic flights now, but it was definitely worth it.

Anyways, I was going to get the highpoly ready for Pete, and I think I also promised to post it here. Does anybody actually need it? Non-subdivided highpoly meshes in obj or fbx and my 3ds max baking scene with highpoly, lowpoly and cages.
                              ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Well I've used it in game, not going to crit it to hell again as it seems like most of the changes I was advocating for like separation of the scope from the body are in the final. So I will just say that I feel like id like the front barrel to actually move in the case, especially if it's translucent it just seems kind of pointless to have glassy surfaces on it otherwise. Some of the skins look particularly good though, I'm a GoldenEye64 fan and that gold version looks like a pretty nice substitute for an instagib default :P

Since this is final today I spent a bit on the icon, as this is your model I figured I would run it by you and see if youd like to make any tweaks to the new icon with my "trims" look. I made some small adjustments to the silhouette and bulked it up a bit, leaving it as just 1-1 porting over seemed to be a bit too thin compared to everything else. Well here's the icon, is this good for you? If so I'll update the AI file and pass it over to Epic on their revision to the HUD.
                                Last edited by FirebornForm; 09-21-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X